• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hello,

This is my second store but first using STS, can't believe I didn't find this earlier. GREAT CONTRIBUTION.

Problem: I just installed a fresh copy of OSC with the folowoing contibutions

-oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

-STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9

-STS v4.3 SP1

-osC MS2 060817 Module Patch for STSv4.2 & 4.3

easy adds, thanks to all of you......... Strting to look like I have a database problem, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't STS or header problems.

This error appears in my admin utility. When I started I wanted to use the latest version of OSC, so I dowloaded it and added the contributions. I then replaced the version that my hosting service supplies with my "latest release" version. Then I connected OSC to the database that was already there. I am begining to think that might be my problem. Can someone take a peek at my error and let me know if this is a STS hangup on my part, I'm not sure where to begin my debugging...Thanks

This appears in my admin utility in the Categories / Products but my stores appears to work fine:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

Nevermind, looks like I didn't follow the directions properly......I am betting HTC is no configed correctly.

I installed the STS4.3 with HTC based ...

no other contribs are inalled .. but none of the images are been displayed.

the directory path is sitename/catalog/includes/stsfolder ..

i have checked and the images are under in sts_templates/moon_blue/images.

In my moon_blue template i placed all the images under the sts_templates/moon_blue/images folder is that ok.

it seem to looking for imaged under includes/sts_templates/modern_blue/images not catalog/includes/sts_templates/modern_blue/images.

Nafri,

Open up your site and right click on one of your images that is not displaying and then select properties. You will then see the full path in which your template is looking for your images. You can either copy your images to that path or change the settings in your template to match the path to your images folder.

when i try the test template.. i get this error message

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox_header.php.html]

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox.php.html]

when i try the full templlate evrything works..

Once STS is installed, it is configured to use the "test" template folder by default. However, this folder does not include the infobox template folder "boxes". This is done on purpose since the "test" folder should be used only if you are going to use one template for your entire shop and not use the infobox templates. If you want to use the infobox templates, change the Default module to use the "full" template folder as well as enable the infobox templates to "true".

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi!

Thanks for this great contribution.

:thumbsup:

Did anyone try yet to integrate the LIGHTBOX script in a product_info template?

I think it should be done in includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php but to be honest I don't know how...

This is the original code from includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php:

$template_pinfo['product_popup']= '<script language="javascript"><!--'."\n".

'document.write(\'<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$products_id) . '\\\')">' . $template_pinfo['imagesmall'] . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>\');'."\n".

'//--></script>'."\n".

'<noscript>'."\n".

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">'.$template_pinfo['imagesmall'] . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE .'</a>'."\n".

'</noscript>'."\n";

And this is the way I use the LIGHTBOX script in a shop without sts_template:

<td align="center" class="smallText">
		   <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
		  <noscript>
		   <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
		  </noscript>
		  </td>

I can make the script working perfectly but it doesn't show any product images 'cause the path to pic is missing.

thx for help!

chris

There is a new service pack for STS 4.3, you can find it in the download section.

This service pack includes only the files to copy over STS v4.3

If you are using STS v4.3SP1, read the txt file to see the 2 files you need to replace.

In this service pack:

- Bug corrected in boxes class where double headers were appearing.

- Removed osC version check in sts class.

So if you are new to STS: install v4.3 (with or without HTC, your choice), then copy the files of service pack 2 over your installation.

- Rigadin

There is a new service pack for STS 4.3, you can find it in the download section.

If you are using STS v4.3SP1, read the txt file to see the 2 files you need to replace.

In this service pack:

So if you are new to STS: install v4.3 (with or without HTC, your choice), then copy the files of service pack 2 over your installation.

- Rigadin

hi rigadin2, i have downloaded your SP2 and compared two updated files classes\boxes.php and sts.php with files from SP1 and there is no difference between them, so it looks like you uploaded old files? Or is it problem on my side? :)

Help please.

I've installed STSv43_HTC259 to a fresh install of OSC (pre-installed by my host, not sure of version), following the instructions carefully (or so I thought) but the STS item never shows up in the admin modules section. I was very careful to set permissions. It seems like it installed correctly - no error message, folders/database created, etc. I have read through whatever I could find here and subsequently installed STS module fix for osC update 060817. This didn't seem to do anything, although the code was added to the compatibility.php files.

What am I doing wrong? What info can I provide to help figure it out? TIA

Help please.

I've installed STSv43_HTC259 to a fresh install of OSC (pre-installed by my host, not sure of version), following the instructions carefully (or so I thought) but the STS item never shows up in the admin modules section. I was very careful to set permissions. It seems like it installed correctly - no error message, folders/database created, etc. I have read through whatever I could find here and subsequently installed STS module fix for osC update 060817. This didn't seem to do anything, although the code was added to the compatibility.php files.

What am I doing wrong? What info can I provide to help figure it out? TIA

Kathy, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I inadvertantly put the wrong sts.php file in the new_files_only folder. Use the sts.php file located in the "all_files\catalog\includes\classes\sts.php" folder. Put this sts.php in catalog\includes\classes\sts.php.

If this does not correct your problem, you are missing some more files. The above is the only error in the "STSv4.3 with HTCv2.5.9" contribution by me. There are however some bug fixes and enhancements in the STSv4.3 SP2 release that you will want to have. I will be uploading a new version bundled with the latest HTCv2.6.0 later today or tomorow. I have it complete, I'm just double-checking for errors and testing.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

In this service pack:

- Rigadin

Chris, thanks for looking into the infobox double header issue. You have done a lot of great work. It is very much appreaciated!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kathy, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I inadvertantly put the wrong sts.php file in the new_files_only folder. Use the sts.php file located in the "all_files\catalog\includes\classes\sts.php" folder. Put this sts.php in catalog\includes\classes\sts.php.

If this does not correct your problem, you are missing some more files. The above is the only error in the "STSv4.3 with HTCv2.5.9" contribution by me. There are however some bug fixes and enhancements in the STSv4.3 SP2 release that you will want to have. I will be uploading a new version bundled with the latest HTCv2.6.0 later today or tomorow. I have it complete, I'm just double-checking for errors and testing.

Thanks Brian. I tried the SP2 (2nd version) and that didn't help either. I will eagerly wait for v2.6.0.

Dear Guy,

I face some problem after i upload all STS v4.3 in my fresh copier oscommerce and my catalog display following error...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'osc'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/mall/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

how to solve?

thank q.

Dear Guy,

I face some problem after i upload all STS v4.3 in my fresh copier oscommerce and my catalog display following error...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'osc'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/mall/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

how to solve?

thank q.

You either did not run the database script included in the contribution (stsv4.3 with htcv2.5.9) or you copied over the "configure.php" file that should not have been part of the STS service pack.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi!

I have just installed the STS v4.2 with HTC v2.5.9 contribution by upgrading sts 4.08 i had before.The problem is:

when i go to specials it shows this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\electrogift.es\httpdocs\catalog\includes\header_tags.php on line 273

and clicking in any product this one:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\electrogift.es\httpdocs\catalog\includes\header_tags.php on line 208

I've read along the forum that i have to add code at the end of aplication_top, some other code at the top of header tags and something like that but whenever I do any of this I only get newer and worse errors...

Could you tell me what do I have exactly to do to make the contribution work please?

Dear Guy,

how to solve?

thank q.

Nothing to do with STS. You cannot connect to the database, probably a problem with the installation. Did you run the osCommerce install without any problem?

- Rigadin

Create index.php_0.html for the main page and index.php.html for all categories.

- Rigadin

hi thanks for your answer

but the issue is still not solved, now it switches always to the index.php.html

the index.php_0.html is ignored

i found out that the source for that must be here: modules/sts/std_index.php

in the find_template () function

first:

$sts_cpath= ($cPath=''? $sts_cpath=0 : $sts_cpath=$cPath); // Default to cpath=0 if on main page

mustnt that be: $sts_cpath= ($cPath==''? $sts_cpath=0 : $sts_cpath=$cPath); ??

second: further down the while loop:

while ($sts_cpath != "") {...

i guess the condition wont work with 0, it returns false although $sts_cpath is 0 and not "" !

and so it switches always to the default

do you agree?

can i fix that or is there anything else depending on that, that i dont see?

or am i entirly wrong?

cheers

hi thanks for your answer

but the issue is still not solved, now it switches always to the index.php.html

the index.php_0.html is ignored

i found out that the source for that must be here: modules/sts/std_index.php

in the find_template () function

first:

$sts_cpath= ($cPath=''? $sts_cpath=0 : $sts_cpath=$cPath); // Default to cpath=0 if on main page

mustnt that be: $sts_cpath= ($cPath==''? $sts_cpath=0 : $sts_cpath=$cPath); ??

second: further down the while loop:

while ($sts_cpath != "") {...

i guess the condition wont work with 0, it returns false although $sts_cpath is 0 and not "" !

and so it switches always to the default

do you agree?

can i fix that or is there anything else depending on that, that i dont see?

or am i entirly wrong?

cheers

sorry forget that

i was right but i was on v.4.1.

i checked the 4.3 and there its fixed

i fixed that now and next week i upgrade the whole

thanx anyway

Hi!

I have just installed the STS v4.2 with HTC v2.5.9 contribution by upgrading sts 4.08 i had before.The problem is:

when i go to specials it shows this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\electrogift.es\httpdocs\catalog\includes\header_tags.php on line 273

and clicking in any product this one:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\electrogift.es\httpdocs\catalog\includes\header_tags.php on line 208

I've read along the forum that i have to add code at the end of aplication_top, some other code at the top of header tags and something like that but whenever I do any of this I only get newer and worse errors...

Could you tell me what do I have exactly to do to make the contribution work please?

Juan,

Check to be sure you uploaded the catalog/includes/header_tags.php file that is part of the contribution. You should have the following line at the beginning of that file:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

IMPORTANT - Set the permissions on the following files (If you do not know how to set permissions of specific files, ask your host):

catalog/includes/header_tags.php (CHANGE PERMISSIONS OF THIS FILE TO 755 OR 777)

catalog/includes/lanquages/english/header_tags.php (CHANGE PERMISSIONS OF THIS FILE TO 755 OR 777)

This should take care of your problem.

By the way, I will be uploading a new version today or by Saturday at the latest. It will be STSv4.3.2 with HTCv2.6.0. This is major upgrade to what you are using currently. The contribution is complete and as soon as I finish updating the docs I will be posting it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Is it at all possible to convert STS over to work with PHP? Has anyone done it, if so can I get a copy?
Actually, STS is based off of the Simple HTML Template for PHP. This was written years ago and you can find it at SourceForge.net.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

:D For users of the Simple Template System and the great Header Tags Controller contributions:

I have bundled STSv4.3.2 and the latest version of HTCv2.6.0 into one seamless installation. You can find it on the STS contribution site.

It includes update documentation as well as all of the updates and fixes for both contributions. Because of the file size 300k limit at oscommerce.com, you will need to download two files: one with the files, the other with the documentation.

This contribution has not been a rush job, but one of intense testing and ease of use. :blink:

A special thanks to Chris for the recent updates to STSv4.3.2 :thumbsup:

A special thanks to Jack for the recent updates to HTCv2.6.0. :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Has anyone been able to change the infoboxes (specifically the category box) so they are just div's and no tables? I've been staring at the classes/boxes.php file for a while and I'm just not having any luck at trying to convert everything.

I mainly need to convert the category menu (it is Dynamenu and having issues in IE but not FireFox - supposedly the issue can be fixed by having the category menu in a div rather than in a table).

I wouldn't have a problem with having all of my infoboxes converted over to div's though, as my templates are all CSS driven div's for layout.

I do have Infobox Customizing installed (as well as many other contrib's - see sig below) so I'm sure I would have to edit the code for each individual box as well as the main infobox code.

If anyone has already done this - or knows how to do it - I would be very appreciative :D

~Tracy

:D For users of the Simple Template System and the great Header Tags Controller contributions:

I have bundled STSv4.3.2 and the latest version of HTCv2.6.0 into one seamless installation. You can find it on the STS contribution site.

It includes update documentation as well as all of the updates and fixes for both contributions. Because of the file size 300k limit at oscommerce.com, you will need to download two files: one with the files, the other with the documentation.

This contribution has not been a rush job, but one of intense testing and ease of use. :blink:

A special thanks to Chris for the recent updates to STSv4.3.2 :thumbsup:

A special thanks to Jack for the recent updates to HTCv2.6.0. :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

OK, for some reason the powers to be that moderate the STS contribution site has pulled my contribution of STS along with HTC.

WHATEVER!!!

So, sorry guys. I tried.

I guess Harold doesn't want anyone trying to make osCommerce more user friendly for everyone.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK, for some reason the powers to be that moderate the STS contribution site has pulled my contribution of STS along with HTC.

WHATEVER!!!

So, sorry guys. I tried.

I guess Harold doesn't want anyone trying to make osCommerce more user friendly for everyone.

Hey Bill,

So does this mean that I just can't use STS at all?? If it doesn't show up in admin modules, there's not much I can do. Is there any other way around this??

ps. sorry I called you Brian before.

Hey Bill,

So does this mean that I just can't use STS at all?? If it doesn't show up in admin modules, there's not much I can do. Is there any other way around this??

ps. sorry I called you Brian before.

Kathy, no not at all. You are missing some files from the contribution that's all. Chris (Rigadin2) did a good job of updating STSv4.2 to STSv4.3.2 and I really think you should upgrade, especially since you are not even at first base with STSv4.2 yet.

I got the problems worked out with the Moderator and my contribution will be available later on tonight.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I would like to add Google Analytics module for sts but the code has changed a lot and i do not know were the following code is or even it is still apart of the code. if someone can direct me for the code that i need to make this work that would be great.

All installation instructions assume you have STS Installed.

1. catalog/includes/sts_displap_output.php

Find:

/ Load up the <head> content that we need to link up everything correctly. Append to anything that may have been set in sts_user_code.php

$template['headcontent'] .= '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '">' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= $sts_block['headertags'];

$template['headcontent'] .= '<base href="' . (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . "\n";

Add:

// Added for Google Analytics

if ($request_type == 'SSL') {

$template['headcontent'] .= '<script src="https://ssl.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= '</script>' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= '<script type="text/javascript">' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= '_uacct="UA-xxxxxx-x";' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= 'urchinTracker();' . "\n";

} else {

$template['headcontent'] .= '<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= '<script type="text/javascript">' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= '_uacct="UA-xxxxxx-x";' . "\n";

$template['headcontent'] .= 'urchinTracker();' . "\n";

}

Find:

/////////////////////////////////////////////

////// if product_info.php load data

/////////////////////////////////////////////

if ($scriptbasename == 'product_info.php') {

require(STS_PRODUCT_INFO);