• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

rkr31 go to this post

HERE

Adding <!--$headcontent--> to your template as described should fix the problem..it did for me :thumbsup:

I already have that in my sts_template.html file :-( And i can't see any javascript at all in the header.php file. Any other ideas?

Re the padlock not appearing due to absolute URL's

Try changing:

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

to:

$request_type = (getenv('SERVER_PORT') == '443') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

in application_top.php

Fixes the problem for me, but does mean that once in the SSL part of the site ALL links are SSL.

So if anyone has a less hacky solution, i'd like to hear it ;)

Mike

my sites:

----------

www.preciousmetal-online.co.uk

www.liparazzi.com

www.yaoh.co.uk

my shop break into pieces when installing up to the stage where

- Open catalog/includes/header.php

add at the beginning:

// START STS 4.1

$sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header');

// END STS 4.1

check it out at www.voteforaustralia.com/catalog/index.php

does this have anything to do with other contributions i have installed (b2bsuite/header tag controller/sort attributes)

please help!

michael

I already have that in my sts_template.html file :-( And i can't see any javascript at all in the header.php file. Any other ideas?

The code that should appear in your header is as follows:

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>
<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

If it doesn't, then I'm not sure what to tell you other than check to be sure you got everything installed correctly...

:blink:

I am having a little CSS issue that's probably dead simple and I'm dumb but....when I create a new folder in the directory and save over my sts_template file and switch the directory to the corect folder in admin, the template shows up but the link the style sheet is broken. Acouple of points: a) how do I point to the right style sheet, B) where is the style sheet I need to edit, and c) does this overide the main default OSC style sheet? Sorry for the silly questions...

Infobox Templates for STS

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

With this additional module you can use custom infobox templates in STS v4.1.

Infobox templates, like other STS templates, contents only plain HTML code, without PHP includes. You can edit them in visual HTML editors, like Dreamweaver etc.

It is possible to create templates for individual infoboxes. Read install.txt file inside package.

P.S. I was mistaken and have added a file with module at Contribution page 3 times. Administrator - please, remove 2 copies of a file.

Hi,

I hope that my problem has not been mentioned before in this thread. I have installed STS 4.1 with the latest fixes (June 2006) and followed the guidelines for installing the Default, Index and Product Info under the admin/module. Basically, all I was trying to do is to display a different background color for the main page when a certain product category is selected. Now in the database, the hardware category ID is 1.

So I created a copy of the sts_template.html in catalog\includes\sts_templates\test and renamed it index_1.php.html (as suggested on page 5 of the readme file). I assume that this page will automatically load on the browser window when I select hardware category on the home page. But when I click on the Hardware category link, the index_1.php.html does not get invoked.

What am I doing wrong? I have followed the readme file as is.

Hansi

Can you help me? I would insert with pleasure this module Menu Tabs V1.1, unfortunately, it does not function with the STS4,1 so completely. I also think of which code lies. From me it simply does not do.

CODE:

//BEGIN Categories Tabs
 $sts_block_name='categories_tabs';
 require (STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 include_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'categories_tab.php');
 require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
 $template['categories_tabs'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['categories_tabs'], 'categories_tabs');
//END Categories Tabs

//BEGIN Sub-Categories Tabs
 $sts_block_name='categories_subtabs';
 require (STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 include_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'categories_subtab.php');
 require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
 $template['categories_subtabs'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['categories_subtabs'], 'categories_tabs');
//END Sub-Categories Tabs

They write this the code in sts_user_code.php purely has to go. I think this by the new STS version the code in sts_column_left.php purely had to go. Or?

thank you chris

Chris (in-session) ,

adding a new $infobox variable has been answered earlier in the thread, add this code to sts_user_code.php

$sts->start_capture();
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories_tab.php');
  $sts->stop_capture('categories_tabs', 'box');

Infobox Templates for STS

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

With this additional module you can use custom infobox templates in STS v4.1.

Infobox templates, like other STS templates, contents only plain HTML code, without PHP includes. You can edit them in visual HTML editors, like Dreamweaver etc.

It is possible to create templates for individual infoboxes. Read install.txt file inside package.

P.S. I was mistaken and have added a file with module at Contribution page 3 times. Administrator - please, remove 2 copies of a file.

I installed your addition and it's great but one question. How do I change the spaces between the box header and content and also between each box?

Edited by Pope Pius X2

I have STS 4.1 installed and working perfectly.

However due to the design I have been asked to implement the $cartbox command pushes the design out of synch, is there a way to inlcude only the cart value instead of the contents and value?

Thanks in advance

Allan Young

i have a problem wheni create new templates even a blank one it still has the oscommerce logon breadcrumbs and the myaccoutn logo and text, cart logo and text and check put logo and text how do i get rid of it

i have a problem wheni create new templates even a blank one it still has the oscommerce logon breadcrumbs and the myaccoutn logo and text, cart logo and text and check put logo and text how do i get rid of it

Can you post your sts_template.php.html file here, it would make things easier for those who know what they are looking for to work it out.

Allan Young

I installed your addition and it's great but one question. How do I change the spaces between the box header and content and also between each box?

Just erase any spaces <br>'s and <p>'s after header table in header template and before content table in content template - that's all.

Spaces between each box are managed in main sts_template.html file in template folder. If you have any spaces between box placeholders - you will have them between boxes.

Hi,

Anyone has an answer to my question (see above). Please :(

Hansi

Just erase any spaces <br>'s and <p>'s after header table in header template and before content table in content template - that's all.

Spaces between each box are managed in main sts_template.html file in template folder. If you have any spaces between box placeholders - you will have them between boxes.

Hi i have just upgraded my site from STS 3 to STS 4.1 and all went well apart form one issue

The title of each page in the browser is shown as $title

i checked the header and its being displayed in the code as

<title>$title</title>

so it seems like my meta tags are not working

anyone know what would cause this and or how to fix this?

I also noticed the sts_template.html d=headers had changed so i replaced the STS 3 template header with

<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir/stylesheet.css">
</head>

as i saw in the new examples but this didnt work either

Just to let you know guys. I have resolved the problem.

There is however another issue I just wanted to point out. Some of the code generated by the template still contains nested and redundant <html> and <body> templates (e.g. code generated by by index.php.html and sts_template.html). This will cause problems in some browsers and if the code migrates to XHTML.

I just installed the STS v4.1, and when i get to the configuration part in the admin page, i can see the STS option under modules, but when i click to install any of them i get this message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php:307) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

I'm new to this stuff so i've been having a hard time figure out what exactly this means. I looked in the files it mentioned but couldnt tell what needed to be changed. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

~Zach

Looking through the other forums i found the hint about having no blank lines before or after the code, which fixed my problem. However, now it will only install the "default" and "index" modules, and when i click to install the "product_info" module it basically does nothing except reopen the same page with no changes made. Any ideas on what i did wrong? Much thanks.

~Zach