• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Product with attribute options won't work?

I have STS+ 4.0.7 installed and everhting worked perfectly.

Recnetly, I found out a problem appeared if I have STS+ module turned on.

Let's say I have a product with two attributes.

Fashion Jacket - Attribute Size L

Fashon Jacket - Attribute Size M

If I put the Size L in the cart, it worked OK,

However, if I clicked the same product again and select Size M,

only one Fation Jacket with Attribute Size L will be in the cart,

and quanitity increased from 1 to 2.

If I turn STS+ module off, the above-mentioned problem will not appear.

My cart will have:

What could be the problem? Is this a bug in STS+ 4.0.7? Would upgrade to 4.1 helping solving this problem?

Thanks!

Stonez

Edited by stonez

Product with attribute options won't work?

I have STS+ 4.0.7 installed and everhting worked perfectly.

Recnetly, I found out a problem appeared if I have STS+ module turned on.

Let's say I have a product with two attributes.

If I put the Size L in the cart, it worked OK,

However, if I clicked the same product again and select Size M,

only one Fation Jacket with Attribute Size L will be in the cart,

and quanitity increased from 1 to 2.

If I turn STS+ module off, the above-mentioned problem will not appear.

My cart will have:

What could be the problem? Is this a bug in STS+ 4.0.7? Would upgrade to 4.1 helping solving this problem?

Thanks!

Stonez

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. IT WAS MY FAULT, NOT THE CONTRIBUTION!

SUPERB CONTRIBUTION!!

THANKS!

I'm upgrading from STS Plus to STS v4

in the upgrade instructions it says to update the file includes/application_bottom.php - is this supposed to be application_top.php?

On a separate note - is anyone using STS v4 with Master products? Has anyone done it without using a product template? Would really like to use MP but not sure how yet.

Thirdly, what image contrib works best with STS? for multiple and compressed images?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I'm upgrading from STS Plus to STS v4

in the upgrade instructions it says to update the file includes/application_bottom.php - is this supposed to be application_top.php?

On a separate note - is anyone using STS v4 with Master products? Has anyone done it without using a product template? Would really like to use MP but not sure how yet.

Thirdly, what image contrib works best with STS? for multiple and compressed images?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Use the same Application_bottom.php from your original OsCommerce 2.2 store.

Take caution to which files (contributions) that you download from the STS page. I recommend these two files only. (STS v4.1 & index.php module)

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I am trying to add a background image to the whole website using STS, but it seems not that simple to add a background image. Even a normal image I can't add, and changing colour of the text doesn't work. Is it ment to be simple like HTML/CSS?

I am needing to do the exact same thing any enlightenment would be appreciated. BTW this STS is the excellent stuff, very good job on the contribution. (I only wish I had PHP knowledge so I could do the little mods myself, oh well in time I suppose!)

Thanks,

Chad

Hi Guys,

I've installed Header Tag Controller V2.5.9 with the STS 4 Contribution. Everything works, but the meta tags and title doesn't change. When I disable STS the Meta tags and title are displayed perfect. So my conclusion is that STS 4 doesn't extract the meta and title tag information.

What should I do, Should be a small change seeing that the HTC works on my standard osCommerce.

regards,

Edwin

I am needing to do the exact same thing any enlightenment would be appreciated. BTW this STS is the excellent stuff, very good job on the contribution. (I only wish I had PHP knowledge so I could do the little mods myself, oh well in time I suppose!)

Thanks,

Chad

If I understand correctly, you want the entire page to have some kind of tiling background image?> If thats it, then all you need to do is to add it to either the body tag of whatever CSS stylesheet you are using for the site, and make sure that the STS template youre using points to the appropriate sheet, or actually hardcode it in to the template itself.

So... you do it exactly the way you would for any other web page, but you only do it to the STS template.

Is that what you meant?

Use the same Application_bottom.php from your original OsCommerce 2.2 store.

Take caution to which files (contributions) that you download from the STS page. I recommend these two files only. (STS v4.1 & index.php module)

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Thanks but please help again! I 'removed' STS from the admin while I installed Master Products (as there is a layout conflict) .. then updated the files and 'installed' again from admin and it's simply not working - there is no change whatsoever on the catalog side - what could I have done that would cause this? or am I missing something simple?

:'(

Has anyone got Master Products working with STS 4?

I've set use product templates to true, but not included product_info template so it's just using the index and the layotu is pretty much ok other than the 'box' under the description doesn't change width. Before each table row would span into 2 lines and the width of each column would 'contract' when the browser window was re-sized. An ideas what part of the STS code is causing this to change?

Really want to get these to work together so would be really grateful of any advice. Thanks.

Thanks,

Chad

I would suggest you look into HTML code. STS does not get in the way for you to add a background image. If you are not familiar writing HTML code, use a WYSIWYG HTML editor such as Microsoft FrontPage 2003 or Dreamweaver.

I suggest you create a table to insert any of the STS standard templates into. Set the background image for your new table to be anything you want.

As far as your colored text, you will need to edit the CSS page inside OsCommerce.

I came across an excellent (basic, down to earth) resource giving an easy explanation of each item listed in the stylesheet.css included in osCommerce.

You can view it by going to the developer's web site here. :thumbsup:

The above link will take you to a "fully commented" definition of each item in the style sheet with correlating examples.

Hope this was useful,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I would suggest you look into HTML code. STS does not get in the way for you to add a background image. If you are not familiar writing HTML code, use a WYSIWYG HTML editor such as Microsoft FrontPage 2003 or Dreamweaver.

I have used front page to place a background image in the document however it will not work! Simply placing a background image in the template isnt sufficient enough to do the job, I wish that would have made my day. But I sincerely appreciate your response. It is so weird too because it show the background image in the preview, when you do a browser preview it also shows the background but once loaded into the browser using index.php pulling the template it wont show. Oh well back to the drawing board. Thank you so much though!!!

~Chad

I have used front page to place a background image in the document however it will not work! Simply placing a background image in the template isnt sufficient enough to do the job, I wish that would have made my day. But I sincerely appreciate your response. It is so weird too because it show the background image in the preview, when you do a browser preview it also shows the background but once loaded into the browser using index.php pulling the template it wont show. Oh well back to the drawing board. Thank you so much though!!!

~Chad

It sounds like your are experiencing a url image link problem.

Either way, Edit your CSS page to set the background color to an image like so:

background-image: url('YOURIMAGE.jpg')

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It sounds like your are experiencing a url image link problem.

Either way, Edit your CSS page to set the background color to an image like so:

background-image: url('YOURIMAGE.jpg')

That worked perfect. I wish I knew about things of this nature, I am such an amateur but I am learning more every day!!! Thank you for your help getting this to work.

Hello.

I have just spent the day trying to get this mod to work and finally succeeded...but with a glitch. No header tags. I read through the thread and found the download for header tags update. Now I have this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared in /home/xxx/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:8) in /home/xxx/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 8

When I reinstall the previous file I get the same message when I try to preview the products.

Does anyone have a solution to make this go away and the header tags to work properly?

Thanks!

Clesha

Hello.

I have just spent the day trying to get this mod to work and finally succeeded...but with a glitch. No header tags. I read through the thread and found the download for header tags update. Now I have this error:

When I reinstall the previous file I get the same message when I try to preview the products.

Does anyone have a solution to make this go away and the header tags to work properly?

The error you are experiencing maybe because you have modified the index.php file (and probably other pages in your shop as well) to include header_tags.php, and now STS includes it again.

Possible Solution: Remove the include of header_tags.php from each file in your store, or add this condition for it:

if ($sts->display_template_output==false) { ...

If you add the above condition, you'll still have Header Tags Controller working when STS is turned off.

Another thing to look for: In your headertags.php file, look for the following code:

$sts->start_capture();
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} 
$sts->stop_capture('headertags');

and change it to this:

$sts->start_capture();
require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
} 

That will cause the file to only be called once and should take care of your error.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi All.

This is def. one of the greatest and most helpfull contributions around. I just managed to change the look of an upcoming shop in a matter of minutes, since i just had to adopt my old templates. Great!

Now, i would ask for a feature request - or mabe its there already - and i dont know how to do it - My head of the page looks the same on everypage - navigation etc - now, this would be great if this could be one template, then comes the stuff like all the boxes in another template and at the end maybe a footer temmplate.

Normay this wouldnt be a problem but with STS, i only have nonfunctional HTML templates instead of PHP. So is there a way that STS first parses the head template containing Placeholders, then the middle part containing placeholders and at the end the footer template? I guess this could be just an extension of the Modules inside STS Admin: if i add more than one template, it walks trough all of those templates..... an creates the output..

Now since normally certain things stays the same througout the page, this would be a great way to keep its HTML code modularized....

greets

Urs

Bill thank you so much, it did work...finally! But it also lead to another problem. When I click into a product I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/xxx/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 185

I made the changes you sugessted, removed the HT code from application top, and uploaded the last 3 updates/fixes for the mod. I'm also getting a double banner at the top and a few double boxes in the right column. Any other seeds of .php wisdom?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Clesha

The error you are experiencing maybe because you have modified the index.php file (and probably other pages in your shop as well) to include header_tags.php, and now STS includes it again.

Possible Solution: Remove the include of header_tags.php from each file in your store, or add this condition for it:

if ($sts->display_template_output==false) { ...

If you add the above condition, you'll still have Header Tags Controller working when STS is turned off.

Another thing to look for: In your headertags.php file, look for the following code:

$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
} 

and change it to this:

$sts->start_capture();
require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
} 

That will cause the file to only be called once and should take care of your error.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Thanks!

Clesha

Bill thank you so much, it did work...finally! But it also lead to another problem. When I click into a product I get this:

I made the changes you sugessted, removed the HT code from application top, and uploaded the last 3 updates/fixes for the mod. I'm also getting a double banner at the top and a few double boxes in the right column. Any other seeds of .php wisdom?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Clesha

To install it correctly, You will only need to download and install this and then this. :thumbsup:

(STS v4.1 as well as the Index module v1.0.3 for STS4.)

The two files between these two contributions have been known to cause problems such as double headers and php errors. ;)

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Anyone know any cool program to edit code

eg, highlight the different code between the two file so we can inspect it quickly!

i think Bill or Vger did mention a website somewhere in the forum but i have been searching 14 pages and could not find the link! urrrrr

michael

Sorry I can't help with your problem, but I upgraded from STS plus and have headertags installed and it works fine... so at least there's hope!

My problem -Master products and STS

I guess there'e no way to get MP working without using a product template so I downloaded the MP contrib file from the STS contrib page.

This is the code I've put in the sts_user_code

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_master_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
$master_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_master =  '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
$results = tep_db_fetch_array($master_query);
if (($results['products_id'] != null) && ($product_info['products_master_status'] == 1)) {
	   $sts_block_name = 'masterproducts';
   $sts->start_capture();
   echo ' ';
   echo include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS);
   echo ' ';
 $sts->stop_capture('masterproducts');
 //  $template['masterproducts'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['masterproducts'], 'masterproducts');
} else {
  $sts_block_name = 'masterproducts';
   $sts->start_capture();
   echo TEXT_QUANTITY . '  ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id'], $qty_array);
   $sts->stop_capture('masterproducts');
  // $template['masterproducts'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['masterproducts'], 'masterproducts');
}

I have no idea if this is right (but I'm guessing nto as it's not working),, the reason the 2 strip_unwanted_tags is commented out is because they were causing errors.

I think I changed the start and stop capture from STS 3 to 4?

then I changed line 21 in sts_inc/product_info so it now reads

$template_pinfo['startform'] = tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_slave'));

I just see the $masterproducts tag

Also, would it be better to put this code in a separate file so only the product_info template has to call it?

Please someone help! It would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Anyone know any cool program to edit code

eg, highlight the different code between the two file so we can inspect it quickly!

i think Bill or Vger did mention a website somewhere in the forum but i have been searching 14 pages and could not find the link! urrrrr

michael

I use the excellent freeware program called Winmerge (for windows users of course). You can get it here. http://winmerge.org

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks for all of your help Bill!!! Everything's seems to be playing together nicely now.

Clesha

To install it correctly, You will only need to download and install this and then this. :thumbsup:

(STS v4.1 as well as the Index module v1.0.3 for STS4.)

The two files between these two contributions have been known to cause problems such as double headers and php errors. ;)

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Thanks!

Clesha

I may have spoke to soon. I removed all header tag code from the catalog pages and all pages seem to function correctly. When I click onto review this product, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/xxx/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 14

Did I miss a code fix somewhere?

Clesha

Thanks for all of your help Bill!!! Everything's seems to be playing together nicely now.

Clesha

Thanks!

Clesha