• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

• 1 month later...

I am using STS module versie 4.6_1 on a RC2a install, the site looks fine the contib works, but I have a problem with one contribution.

Randelia Custom Meta Tag per Item, wich is located here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3726

Unfortunately the metatags are not working and i have al lot of them.

I have posted this issue on the forum of the above contrib,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179128

but it seems to be a dead threat.

Anyone??

I am using STS module versie 4.6_1 on a RC2a install, the site looks fine the contib works, but I have a problem with one contribution.

Randelia Custom Meta Tag per Item, wich is located here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3726

Unfortunately the metatags are not working and i have al lot of them.

I have posted this issue on the forum of the above contrib,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179128

but it seems to be a dead threat.

Anyone??

I Finally uninstalled this contrib (randelia custom meta tag per item) and installed Header Tags SEO 3.2.8 with instructions how to work with STS.

Works like a charm!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am working on a project for a store that has been online for many years that is using version 2.2-MS2, not 2.2-MS2 milestone 2.

I wanted to recreate their installation on my local machine using xampp, which is using the latest version of PHP.

I did a fresh install of 2.2-MS2, installed the latest version of STS, and then performed a few updates to fix problems with deprecated functions.

I installed STS by copying / pasting / overwriting files, using the "Files for MS2" folder of the STS download.

Then, I performed a few fixes to clean up error messages I was receiving because I am using the latest version of PHP and 2.2-MS2 uses deprecated functions.

I updated the eregi() deprecated problems via: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/341025-function-eregi-is-deprecated/

I turned off deprecated error reporting via: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/343898-deprecated-function-session-is-registered-is-deprecated/

I addressed a fatal error message via: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/166123-fatal-error-cannot-re-assign-this/

After doing all of this, I went into the admin area, selected modules, selected STS, and clicked the install button for the Default entry.

Nothing happened.

I then selected Index, Popup image, and Product info, and clicked install for each of them, which worked perfectly fine.

For some reason, clicking install for the Default entry is not working. I do not receive any error messages, the page simply refreshes and nothing happens, but as I said, clicking install for Index, Popup image, and Product info all installed just fine, and I'm able to edit them with no errors.

I went back and removed the ~E_DEPRECATED portion from both application_top.php files to turn back on deprecated error reporting, and doing so, clicking the install button resulted in a "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php:75) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 18" error message, and when I add the ~E_DEPRECATED portion back to the two application_top.php files to turn off deprecated error reporting, clicking install results in no error messages, the page simply refreshes and nothing happens.

Help!

Edited by robertwhitis

Hi,

is STS also works for osCommerce 2.3.1 version?

how to modify the php files, i copied the folder into my catalog proper location, but the module did not show any change. Please help, many thanks in advance.

ce7

• 1 year later...

I have installed STS on a fresh installation of OSC 2.2 and I am having a problem implementing category templates. The rest of STS seems to work fine. The problem relates to the "index.php.htm" template. This template works fine, however the template "index.php_21.html" is ignored when "catalog/index.php?cPath=21" is called. I have placed it in the root template folder and "/template/content" without success. I have "Use templates for index page" set to true.

I have limited knowledge of php so I am hoping that someone has a suggestion for a possible solution.

Thank you

I have installed STS on a fresh installation of OSC 2.2 ...

It is strongly advised to move away from the 2.2 platform, especially when doing a fresh instalation. 2.3.X is structured in such a way that STS is no longer needed for ease of theming.

With the time you may very well spend working on STS and building out a theme you are satisfied with, the same could be accompished using the most up to date and secure version of osCommerce.

Another factor to think of is any future addons or updates.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

• 3 weeks later...

Sure!! Make it work on V2.3.3 I have a post under General trying to find near duplicates for your contribution I am using on an earlier version. Thanks for the work you did some time back for me, but the site was hacked and the host insisted on upgrading to V2.3.3 but the earlier version you installed for me won't work on it and I liked it so very much.

• 4 months later...

Hi boys and girls,

I am using both STS and HTC and found a problem. With both enabled and active I get twice the line: <metahttp-equiv="Content-Type"content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">.

Page source header:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html $htmlparams>

<head>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<title>fairkopen.nl | Uw webwinkel voor Fairtrade producten - fairkopen.nl</title>

<meta name="Description" content="mooie fairtrade kado's en (woon)accessoires - mooie fairtrade kado's en (woon)accessoires" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Kado, Cadeau, Relatie, Geschenk, Fairtrade, fair trade, accessoires, eerlijke handel , Kado, Cadeau, Relatie, Geschenk, Fairtrade, fair trade" >

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.fairkopen.nl/" >

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://www.fairkopen.nl//">

I tracked it down to these two parts of code/files:

includes/header_tags.php:

// ALL OTHER PAGES NOT DEFINED ABOVE
default:
$header_tags_array['title'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_title']);
$header_tags_array['desc'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_description']);
$header_tags_array['keywords'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_keywords']);
break;
}

echo ' <me[color=#0000FF]ta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '" />'."\[/color]n";
echo ' <title>' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" >' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '" >' . "\n";

includes/classes/sts.php:

// Load up the <head> content that we need to link up everything correctly. Append to anything that may have been set in sts_user_code.php
// Note that since v3.0, stylesheet is not defined here but in the template file, allowing different stylesheet for different template.
$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].'';
$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].'[color=#0000FF]<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '">'[/color] . "\n";
$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].$this->template['headertags']. "\n"; ;
$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].'<base href="' . (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . "\n";
$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].get_javascript($this->template['applicationtop2header'],'get_javascript(applicationtop2header)');

$this->script->replace($this->template); // Module can make tricks here, just before replacing, like using own content template

If this is the problem, how do I turn of one of the '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '">' lines smartly (so not just comment it out, but if-it or something)?

Greetz,

René

Edited by rruyter

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Bill,

It's been a few years since I've setup an osCommerce site - seems we are up to v2.3.4 now in osC!  What version of STS do I need to install for osCommerce 2.3.4?

Trying to search the Addons site isn't proving very beneficial at this point - LOL!

Thanks!

~Tracy

STS / BTS WILL NOT WORK ON V2.3.X CARTS. THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT (should be archived)

Chris

What is the newest version it will work on?  Bill - are you upgrading STS to work on V2.3.X ?

~Tracy

That is a terrible shame! This was a wonderful addon - I am very sorry to hear it is no longer updated or supported.

Is there any other addon that works similarly to make template design a much simpler process?

~Tracy

There is a commercial solution -- click on the Templates button next to the ad banner up above. Also, osCommerce 2.3.x uses Themes, which give you a huge start on a template. You may find that you do not need a template addon to achieve a nice-looking store.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The whole point with osCommerce has always been that it is free to use, the modules are free and open source, etc...  I cannot see paying almost $200 for a template solution that, from the demo I have seen which has no instructions for use to truly know how to demo it, doesn't appear to be as good as STS was where I could simply design my template as usual and then include tags for where I wanted different elements to appear on the page.

But regardless, I have looked through the documentation that comes with osC v2.3.4 and I see nothing on how to use the themes - nor can I find the catalog/includes/column_left.php or catalog/includes/column_right.php files that are mentioned under Template Layout and Header Tags in the documentation file.

Do we have any walk-throughs / instructions anywhere on how to use themes or how to create templates for osC v2.3.4 ?

Sorry - just very frustrating and depressing at the same time to see such a wonderful module become extinct and the only Open Source option in its place doesn't come with decent documentation (at least that I have found - maybe I've missed it). I figured by now they would have simply included STS as a basic part of osCommerce - :(

~Tracy

There's this guide to themes. It's a bit out of date, but still generally correct. If you want the latest version, read the manual in the Theme Switcher download below. You can also use Theme Switcher to change themes from your admin panel.

The documentation included with osCommerce is a bit out of date as well. The left and right column files are gone; you install the boxes in those columns under Modules in your admin. Header tags are also installed there, and there are more modules available in the Addons section.

osCommerce is moving towards a template/module system, it's just not quite there yet.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@TracyS

Why don't you start a new topic with a drawing/image/mock up of what you want to achieve and the question how to do it?

Would be a interesting topic I think and something like a design guide for all people with the same question

I have also a post with some tips and ideas on my blog

Regarding MTS - that can't be discussed here, so I can't answer to your comments - why don't you simply get in touch? :)

There is also a very good e-book available, forgot to mention this before. All in all, there are many solutions, guides, posts etc available. STS worked well in the past, I've been using it my self, but things are changing

Ok - I bought the e-book and am doing what should be a simple change. But for some reason the body area of my page is not falling below the div's on the header area.  You can visibly see it here: tcdataweb.com/KKTestSite/

There is no change in catalog/includes/template_top.php

The catalog/includes/header.php file now looks like this:

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
    echo '<div class="grid_24">' . $messageStack->output('header') . '</div>';
  }
?>
<div id="header" class="grid_24">
  <div class="grid_6 alpha"><div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div></div>
  <div class="grid_12"><div id="slideshow"><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'slideshow.php'); ?></div></div>
  <div class="grid_6 omega"><div id="headerShortcuts">
<?php
  echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .
       tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .
       tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
    echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF, null, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'));
  }
?>
  </div><script type="text/javascript">
  $("#headerShortcuts").buttonset();
</script></div>

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">
  <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo '  ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>
</div>
</div>

<?php
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr class="headerError">
    <td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']))); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<?php
  }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr class="headerInfo">
    <td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']))); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<?php
  }
?>

Am I missing something totally obvious here?  Or is 2.3.4 different enough from 2.3.3 that the eBook isn't quite up to date enough?  This appears to be simple enough instructions but apparently I've messed it up somehow - LOL

Any input is appreciated :-)

~Tracy