• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I'm starting to pull my hair out now, and I've not got that much to start with.

I have just installed STSv4.6, as per the instructions, on a clean install of osCommerce 2.2-MS2. The install is very straight forward.

Anyhow, I installed the Default STS Template, then clicked on edit, as per the User Guide. Click on true to Enable Templates and then click on Update. No change was made to the Default STS Template configuration.

I tried this again and still the same results. There are NO error messages displayed.

I have checked that all the files required have been uploaded to the server and they appear to be.

Does anyone have any ideas why changes are not being made to the database?

Thanks in advance

Russell

I'm starting to pull my hair out now, and I've not got that much to start with.

I have just installed STSv4.6, as per the instructions, on a clean install of osCommerce 2.2-MS2. The install is very straight forward.

Anyhow, I installed the Default STS Template, then clicked on edit, as per the User Guide. Click on true to Enable Templates and then click on Update. No change was made to the Default STS Template configuration.

I tried this again and still the same results. There are NO error messages displayed.

I have checked that all the files required have been uploaded to the server and they appear to be.

Does anyone have any ideas why changes are not being made to the database?

Thanks in advance

Russell

For those who may have a similar problem to this. I have found that the ability to save data was not just restricted to the STS module but all modules.

Further digging around in the forum found the solution in this post on the forum.

Russell

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I've installed STS 4.6 on OS 2.2 RC2 and I think it's absolutely FANTASTIC!!

I have one niggle which I've tried searching all day but have had no joy.

I'm using "freeosc_061" template and my product page content doesn't fit inside the frame.

Basically, I think if I can change the "$optionnames$" and "$optionchoices$" font size I should be OK (unless there is a way to make the whole body bigger (if that makes sense?). On my blank template I added " min-width= xxxx px" which worked a treat, and I tried it on this template but had no joy.

Also, is there a way to have a paragraph after each product attribute (option) as mine is quite crammed in!

I also need to change the width of the columns as it is squashing the option names onto a new line.

I appreciate all your assistance.

And again, great GREAT product!

Best regards,

Lee

Edited by Rogar1471

I have version 2.3.1 installed and was really wanting to use STS, but the last update is more than a year ago. It doesn't look like it's compatible to be used on 2.3.1. Has anyone tried it, and does anyone have any advice before I break my store, which isn't public yet (but would like to keep it running :P )?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm quite new to OSC and I've just fininshed my 1st attempt to install STS on my v2.2 RC2 store.

I believe to have done all the steps properly (I went with manual installation and modified my files manually) and now, in admin/modules/sts I'm getting a single line that says "Module Directory: http://localhost/MY_SITE_NAME/includes/modules/sts/" with the installation button next to it but nothing happens when I click "Install".

What could be the issue? Thanks.

Edited by bikey77

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill, This is a bit embarrassing but I'm stuck before I even install. I've got a fresh install of OsCommerce 2.3.1, but I don't understand what 2.2MS2, 2.2RC1 and 2.2RC2 means. Can you please enlighten me thanks?

Hi Bill, This is a bit embarrassing but I'm stuck before I even install. I've got a fresh install of OsCommerce 2.3.1, but I don't understand what 2.2MS2, 2.2RC1 and 2.2RC2 means. Can you please enlighten me thanks?

That are the osCommece versions STS is compatible with. The newest of them is RC2a and that is the what STS is still compatible with.

You can't use STS with version 2.3.1

That are the osCommece versions STS is compatible with. The newest of them is RC2a and that is the what STS is still compatible with.

You can't use STS with version 2.3.1

Thanks for your help George. Do you know if I can just use a simple template for v2.3 then and adjust the placement with the blank template example that's included?

Kind regards

Eva

Thanks for your help George. Do you know if I can just use a simple template for v2.3 then and adjust the placement with the blank template example that's included?

Eva, I don;t understand exactly what you mean with "simple template", "blank template" and what you want to replace.

If you refer to the templates that are included in the STS package, then no, you can't use them in any way. What you can do is to grab their layout/design and use it as a base to start designing a 2.3.1 store from the beginning

Version 2.3.1 is much more easy to handle in design terms, you can achieve a lot with for example with a new theme from themeroller ( you can read here how to install it) There is also an addon available called "theme switcher"

In general I would say forget STS, it has been a great tool in the past, and still is for previous osCommerce versions, but it's not relevant anymore for new stores

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried to install this on oscmax after seeing this vague post in the oscmax forum

http://www.oscmax.co...system-sts.html

However, it is impossible to do a manual install as many of the files that are required to edit

do not exist in oscmax.

Can I install this on oscmax?

This is not the oscMax forum so you question would be better asked in their forum.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just installed this contribution and amended all my files as requested in the version 4.6_1. I have checked and re-checked all my changes but when I log on to the admin side and click the modules link I get a white screen. I have not only re-read the instructions but checked that I have made the right changes in the correct places by using a file comparison tool and checking it against the files supplied for a fresh install.

What could be causing this please?

Thanks, Michael

Hi, I have just installed this contribution and amended all my files as requested in the version 4.6_1. I have checked and re-checked all my changes but when I log on to the admin side and click the modules link I get a white screen. I have not only re-read the instructions but checked that I have made the right changes in the correct places by using a file comparison tool and checking it against the files supplied for a fresh install.

What could be causing this please?

Thanks, Michael

I have just done some testing and amended the code piece by piece and tested the admin side after each change and the white screen is appearing after changing the code in catalog/admin/modules.php.

This piece of code is causing the problems:

Find:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" . $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");
	} else {

Replace with:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" . $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");
	// STS V4.6 drop start
	} else {
		if($key == 'MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER'){
			$dir_name = array();
			if ($handle = opendir('../'.MODULE_STS_TEMPLATES_FOLDER.'/')) {
			   while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) {
					$pos = strpos($file, ".");
					if($pos === false){
						$dir_name[] = array("id" => $file, "text" => $file);
						$i++;
					}
				}
				closedir($handle);
			}
			$keys .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration[MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER]', $dir_name, $value['value']);
		}else{
			$keys .= tep_draw_input_field('configuration[' . $key . ']', $value['value']);
		}
	}
	// STS V4.6 drop end

Once I do this change then I get a white screen as soon as I click the link Modules in my admin.

I have discovered the problem was that I had an identical piece of code just below the change which was:

}

So once I removed this the page did not go white anymore.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thank you

Edited by offie

I have discovered the problem was that I had an identical piece of code just below the change which was:

}

So once I removed this the page did not go white anymore.

Just to clarify the above, the extra piece of code that removed was also written in the "change code" so these were two instances of the same two lines above. perhaps the install instructions should include this piece of code when telling you what to look for and change. However it is quite possible that other versions of Osc do not have that line installed and I have not checked to see so you can check your own versions instead.

Thanks again.

Edited by offie

Hi. I'm in the process of putting a Facebook like button on my products. All working well with STS and the button works but it would be handy to have the product image appear on the Facebook page who liked me (at the moment facebook seems to pick a random image on the page and not the product image). To force that, I need to put (in the header of the product page) the following code...

<meta property="og:image" content="<?php print 'http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']; ?>" />

At the moment, if I put that in my product_info.php template I get...

<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.domain.co.uk/images/" />

i.e. the actual image $product_info['products_image'] isn't tagged onto the end.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm assuming that's a mysql array that it's working on? Is there a way of getting the image inserted into the code?

Thanks

Martin

306 pages is alot to go thru. I'm just wanting to know does STS work with 2.3.1? I've downloaded the 4.6 version but there are only folders for MS2 RC1 & 2. Any help would be a great help

Yes, 306 pages are many, but 1 page back not -> the answer on the previews page

• 1 month later...

I hope someone can help with this. I have an issue with to much space before and after the category list. In Firefox everything is tight. In IE and Chrome I have an extra table cell before and after the category list.

I'm fairly certain it isn't a CSS issue. I have added/changed margins, line-heights and a few others. Nothing works. Even set up a separate stylesheet for IE.

Here is the URL http://www.turnkeysitedesigns.com/. I have the borders visible. Check it out in Chrome and IE, then Firefox.

Michael

Table class="SideinfoBoxContents" has a tr that contains an non existing image. This has nothing to do with STS it self, check your category box file

It sounds a bit, how to say, strange, that you start a website offering webdesign services, not knowing how to setup your own, how are you going to support your future clients?

Thank you for your help and I will admit I don't know everything about web design. With that said, I have managed to make a few dollars over the years in my spare time, building sites for people that know less then I do. My goal is to keep learning and eventually make a living doing this full time.

After futher review, it seems your suggestion doesn't help. The tr's seem to be generated by the STS Boxes.php file. The categories.php file doesn't appear to create any table html, but the STS Boxes.php file does.

I removed the word text from line 328 and 341 in the STS Boxes.php file and that fixed my problem. If anyone knows of a reason why I shouldn't do it that way or a better cleaner way, then let me know.