• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Are you simply transferring the local site to the remote site? What version of osC are you using? Is it the same version on both sites?

This appears to be nothing more than a bad FTP transfer. Try uploading all of the files again or change FTP client software.

Hello Bill,

This is a clean upload - meaning I'm startting from an empty directory. I delete everything out when I reload. Everything else works properly. I am not using the hosts version of osC. Normally I load osC from this site and install it - then load up the changed files. Everything appears to be in the correct place and when you view it from Filezilla or the host file manager they appear to have the correct code in them. If I load osC wihout any contributions- the module functions work correctly. When load the changes for STS - they stop working.

My particulars are -

FTP software - Filezilla 3.3.4.1.

osC is 2.2 RC2a

PHP is 5.2.14

MySQL is 5.1.45

I will try in the morning using the hosts File Manager FTP software. I have reloaded dozens of times now so I'm not sure if it is a bad file upload. I may have a bad file but which one? I get no errors in the server logs when this happens. Unfortunately- it prevents me from configuring shipping so I can't complete a checkout on the site.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Bill,

This is a clean upload - meaning I'm startting from an empty directory. I delete everything out when I reload. Everything else works properly. I am not using the hosts version of osC. Normally I load osC from this site and install it - then load up the changed files. Everything appears to be in the correct place and when you view it from Filezilla or the host file manager they appear to have the correct code in them. If I load osC wihout any contributions- the module functions work correctly. When load the changes for STS - they stop working.

My particulars are -

FTP software - Filezilla 3.3.4.1.

osC is 2.2 RC2a

PHP is 5.2.14

MySQL is 5.1.45

I will try in the morning using the hosts File Manager FTP software. I have reloaded dozens of times now so I'm not sure if it is a bad file upload. I may have a bad file but which one? I get no errors in the server logs when this happens. Unfortunately- it prevents me from configuring shipping so I can't complete a checkout on the site.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Bill,

I've tried using another FTP software and have done this 3 times this morning. I have the same issue. Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Steve

hello,

back again hopefully this time after i post i'll figure it out again.

Having one issue with the year make model contribution working with sts, not sure which or who is at fault to be honest. Here is what is happening. When I only had a few year make models into the db everything was fine. Now it will not load the next drop down. My question is when I have the following code in my sts_user_code.php :

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'year_make_model.php');

$sts->stop_capture('ymm', 'box');

does it only run the script once then shut it off? do I need to add something so that it can reload the script when something is selected from the drop downs?

I am sorry if this is a silly question, I am very new to php any help would be appreciated.

I'm getting an error when I try to access orders.php on my admin page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

I've searched for the problem and I understand that what "should" be the error is that I've replaced my admin/includes/language/english/orders.php with the admin/orders.php file--but that's not true. None of my language files have any non-declarative code in them at all.

So, any other reason I'd be getting this error? Is there another way to track where the error is coming from (i.e. what's recalling compatibility.php)?

I'm getting an error when I try to access orders.php on my admin page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

I've searched for the problem and I understand that what "should" be the error is that I've replaced my admin/includes/language/english/orders.php with the admin/orders.php file--but that's not true. None of my language files have any non-declarative code in them at all.

So, any other reason I'd be getting this error? Is there another way to track where the error is coming from (i.e. what's recalling compatibility.php)?

Solved my own problem. It wasn't the orders.php file but the admin/includes/classes/order.php that had been incorrectly copied. It was ruining my Purchase Without Account, too! Glad I found that.

Hello Bill,

can I add a different ID to body tags of different pages? Like this: <body id="home"> and <body id="contactus"> I need it for my menu to work properly.

I added the code to index.php and contact_us.php and it works if the template is turned off. How can I possibly make it work with the template turned on please?

Thank you very much

I prefer horizontal menus - so $hlist works brilliantly for me.

What I'd like to do is to have an "$hlist2" which does the same for level 2 categories and is invoked by clicking (or mouseover) on items in $hlist.

Has anyone achieved this?

I have installed STS 4 and am using the $hlist tag for he horizontal menu but am now looking to display a subcategories drop down when the main category is clicked on. I thought I saw a snippet of code to edit the headcata.php file to do this. can anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched to no end and cannot for the life of me fine it again:(

thanks

Hello,

I have gone through the installation file for sts 4.6 thoroughly. I have uploaded all the sts files, and have made the necessary changes to all the php files as described by the installation file. Yet when I load my admin page the sts module does not appear in the modules box as shown by the installation file.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I'm using osCommerce 2.2rc2a-6. And I downloaded the latest sts module, 4.6.

Thanks

Eamon

Hi guys, I recently made a fresh install of OSC v2.2 RC2

Then I installed Slimbox /a lightbox visual clone - as included in Fancy Pics contribution/

Worked OK, but when I installed STS 4.6_1 - popups /click to enlarge/ are a little messed up.

Details: STS settings:

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

freeosc_061

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Use template for index page

true

Files for index.php template

sts_user_code.php

Check parent templates

true

Popup image and Product info are OFF.

There are no other modifications/installs done.

Example here: http://aristo.bg/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=25

The popup appears down left - not in the page center and is broken in two parts, also background doesnt fade.

Seems like Slimbox is working, but with some error, any advice please?

PS: When I turn off STS - Slimbox works again great as before I installed STS.

Edited by orlin55555

^ Any ideas about my issue? Bump :blink:

Bumping is against the forum rules, please don't do it. Most possible your posts will be ignored if you keep on doing this

However, the issue is that the path to the lightbox.css is wrong

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

Check where you have the file located and correct the line

I just installed a fresh copy rc2 and STSv4.6.

I am trying to use the shopping cart count that I had used in my previous install but I get a fatal error now and cannot figure it out.

the code to get the shopping cart count:

<?=$cart->count_contents()?>

the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /home/content/t/e/c/techgeeks/html/catalog/includes/sts_templates/multiple/header.php.html on line 30

thanks

STS runs fine on my site except two issues - the first one is driving me mad for a while already.

In product_info with STS is running I can see the 'also purchased' product pictures and descriptions, but I cannot see the heading "Customers also purchased...". With STS off the heading appears. Anybody had the same problems and solved it?

My second problem is new: I installed Simple Photo Gallery which runs fine except the slideshow in a left column infobox. The slideshow propagates pictures all available pictures downwards instead of having one picture a time as a slideshow. When I disable STS the slideshow runs fine.

I have attached the slideshow code here:

<?php

/*

$Id: all_specials_slideshow.php v1.0 created by Michael Hazzard May 19 2007 http://www.miramardesign.com

based on all_specials.php v1.01 created by Kornel Hartung on 2003/11/03 21:02:00 hpdl Exp $

based on /includes/boxes/specials.php of MS2

Example can be seen here: www.livecarts.com

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// for PHP 4 versions

if (PHP_VERSION < 5) {

function scandir($dir) {

$dh = opendir($dir);

while (false !== ($filename = readdir($dh))) {

$files[] = $filename;

}

sort($files);

return $files;

}

}

$dir = './thumbnails/gallery/';

if (is_dir($dir)) {

$pictures = array_diff(scandir($dir), array('.', '..', '.DS_Store','thumbnails'));

//set up the max thumbs number here

$max_thumbs=BOX_SLIDESHOW_MAX_THUMBS;

//if there aren't enough thumbs use less

if (count($pictures)< BOX_SLIDESHOW_MAX_THUMBS){

$max_thumbs=count($pictures);

}

if (count($pictures)==1){

$rand_keys[]=array_rand($pictures,1);

}else{

$rand_keys=array_rand($pictures,$max_thumbs);

}

}

if (count($rand_keys) > 0) {

?>

<!-- gallery_slideshow_bof //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_GALLERY);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_GALLERY));

$box_text = '';

$rown = count($rand_keys);

$row = 0;

foreach ($rand_keys as $pict_key) {

if(!empty($pictures[$pict_key])){

$row++;

$box_text .= '<table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%" id="special'.$row.'">

<tr>

<td align="center" class="boxText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GALLERY,'','NONSSL') . '">' . TEXT_GALLERY . '</a>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GALLERY,'','NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image($dir.$pictures[$pict_key],BOX_GALLERY_TOOLTIP,SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="boxText"><p>'.BOX_TEXT_GALLERY_LINK.'</p></td>

</tr>

</table>';

if ($rown == $row) {

$box_text .= "\n";

}else{

$box_text .= '' . "\n";

}

}

}

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => $box_text);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<script language="javascript">

// all category box slideshow michael hazzard http://www.miramardesign.com

// you could move this to an external js file but u would have to call start() on every page

var row = <?php echo $row; ?>;

var numpics = <?php echo count($pictures); ?>;

function start(){

var k = Math.floor(Math.random()* row +1) //make random starting special //http://www.shawnolson.net/a/789/make-javascript-mathrandom-useful.html

var i ;

for(i= 1; i < (row + 1); i++){ //echo total # of special's

if(i == k) {

document.getElementById('special'+i).style.display="";

}else{

document.getElementById('special'+i).style.display="none"; //hide all

}

}

// need to randomize beginnning value

setTimeout("slideshow("+ k +")",3000); //change 3000 to custom time if desired

//setTimeout("slideshow(1)",3000); //static if starting at 1

}

function slideshow(i){

document.getElementById('special'+i).style.display="";

if (i > 1) {

var j = i - 1;

document.getElementById('special'+j).style.display="none";

}else {

document.getElementById('special'+ row).style.display="none";

}

++i;

if (i > row ){

i = 1;

}

setTimeout("slideshow("+i+")",3000);

}

if (numpics>1){

start();

}

</script>

<!-- gallery_slideshow_eof //-->

<?php

}

?>

Thank you very much for your help

Roland

In product_info with STS is running I can see the 'also purchased' product pictures and descriptions, but I cannot see the heading "Customers also purchased...". With STS off the heading appears. Anybody had the same problems and solved it?

I would check if I have any template for infoboxes that disable the header for boxes. If so, make a template for also purchased and leave the header in place

I have a store where I have STS and Header Tags SEO installed. In my header.php file, if I have any of the following lines, my store breaks to the point of a WHITE SCREEN :( in IE Explorer (although it works perfectly fine and well in Firefox). This is making me nuts! If I comment out everything, the store works fine minus any of the Header Tags SEO functionality which I need to work desperately. If anyone can throw me a bone on this one, I'll owe you my first born. (her name is Chloé, and she's a doll) :P

Julie

------- header.php code:

// START STS 4.1

$sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header'); // Capture header from the actual script, needed to take out javascript

// END STS 4.1

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

We include header_tags.php early on to make $header_tags_array available to subsequent scripts

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

$sts->restart_capture ('headertags');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/