• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

My STS module is now on the menu but when i click it this happens:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/devilst1/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 370

...any idea what this might be?

in that row at the moment is } ELSE {

it might be that you didn't merged correctly the file in the error message

Post the code of the file that starts here

switch ($action) {
   case 'edit':

and ends here

break;
   default:
     $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $mInfo->title . '</b>');

I think I sorted one part out.

now ive got 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment&selected_box=modules'));

in line 21 and it comes up with Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_href_link() in /home/devilst1/public_html/store/admin/modules.php on line 21

okay i used an ftp to copy and overwrite said files in instructions and now

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/devilst1/public_html/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/devilst1/public_html/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/devilst1/public_html/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

that has happened. it was going so well, the module came up but all it displayed was the directory and not the options with radio buttons.

The admin doesn't use navigation history.

The catalog side does.

Chances are you accidentally uploaded the application_top.php from the catalog side into the admin side.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The catalog side does.

Chances are you accidentally uploaded the application_top.php from the catalog side into the admin side.

...but it is meant to come from the catalogue side?

I just have:

"The following osCommerce files are modified by STS:

Note: If you have a fresh install of osCommerce 2.2MS2, you can take the files from the "Files for MS2" folder and copy them over your installation. If you have a fresh install of osCommerce Online Merchant 2.2RC1, you can take the files from the "Files for RC1" folder and copy them over your installation. If you have a fresh install of osCommerce Online Merchant 2.2RC2a, you can take the files from the "Files for RC2" folder and copy them over your installation. If you already have contributions installed, you can make the changes manually (They are all described in the next chapters). When installation is completed, go to chapter 3 for the configuration.

catalog\admin\modules.php

catalog\admin\includes\boxes\modules.php " etc with other files. but they all start with catalog. I have been at this all day now.

The error you posted:

You've uploaded the wrong file into the admin accidentally.

The fix is to upload the correct file into the admin.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The error you posted:

You've uploaded the wrong file into the admin accidentally.

The fix is to upload the correct file into the admin.

Module Directory: /home/devilst1/public_html/shop/includes/modules/sts/

thats what is coming up when sts comes up in my modules now.

Hello. I have installed STS 4.61 on MS2.2. I have two (2) problems with the templates and would appreciate any assistance in correcting:

(1) I am able to get all of the templates to display correctly with the exception of the category box ($category$). The categories randomly change from my site, donnards.com/osC/, to another sites categories catalog, lebonimpex.com/catalog/, with each refresh or when clicking on a different link within the site.

and

(2) the popup_image.php does not display correctly. When the popup page comes up, it just displays all of the $placeholders and the other information similar to the regular page. I have both enabled and disabled the popup module in the STS module, but with no different results.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Okay, I can usually search for answers on this forum and find what I'm looking for. Since I can't find the answer to this one, I'm thinking I've done something totally stupid....but here goes, anyway.

Okay, I tried to manually install STS but the actual code shows up on my site instead of it working. In other words, I go to "www.mysite.com" and I can see the code that I manually put in there all over my page! I do not have a folder called "catalog" so I must be making changes in the wrong place. Should I be going to "public_html" and then the specified folders in there or what? I'm confused! BTW....I did a manual install because I don't have a fresh OSC install. I'm so aggravated! Please help!

I do not have a folder called "catalog" so I must be making changes in the wrong place. Should I be going to "public_html" and then the specified folders in there or what?

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, but I can answer this question as I had the same dilemma. Yes, public_html is your catalog folder.

Someone more experienced should be able to help with any other questions.

Best Wishes,

Tom

Okay, I can usually search for answers on this forum and find what I'm looking for. Since I can't find the answer to this one, I'm thinking I've done something totally stupid....but here goes, anyway.

Okay, I tried to manually install STS but the actual code shows up on my site instead of it working. In other words, I go to "www.mysite.com" and I can see the code that I manually put in there all over my page! I do not have a folder called "catalog" so I must be making changes in the wrong place. Should I be going to "public_html" and then the specified folders in there or what? I'm confused! BTW....I did a manual install because I don't have a fresh OSC install. I'm so aggravated! Please help!

If INM, "/catalog/" is the actual folder that osCommerce is installed in. For example, my oscommerce is installed in a folder that I named "osC", as follows, www.mysite.com/osC/, were "osC" is the "catalog" folder. Hope this helps!

Well, that part helps (thank you!) because it tells me that I did change the correct files but I still don't understand why my code is showing up on my website....which also makes STS not work. I thought I followed the directions to a T but I guess I'm missing something. I'm not going to figure it out on my own, though, because I tried for hours and hours last night and finally gave up (which I NEVER do). When I go to my site, all the code that was for the "catalog" files is on my pages and, when I sign into my admin, all the code that was supposed to go into my admin folders is on my admin pages. ARGH! Anyone know what I did wrong?! Noone else has had this problem (that I can see on the forum) so it must be something totally stupid but I guess I'll never learn unless I ask! Thanks in advance for your input!

When I go to my site, all the code that was for the "catalog" files is on my pages and, when I sign into my admin, all the code that was supposed to go into my admin folders is on my admin pages.

What do yo mean with this? What do you get on the page to see?

What do yo mean with this? What do you get on the page to see?

At the top of the page, the bottom of the page, and above the left and right columns it has all the code that I was supposed to put into the files. For instance, at the top of my admin page, it actually shows the code that starts out....//START STS 4.1....above the OSCommerce logo. I would show you what my website looks like with all the code in it but, when I realized it was screwed up, I took all the code back out of my files. But, I put it in and took it out twice and it did the same thing both times. It's like the pages recognize it as TEXT and not as CODE. Weird!

Hi All,

I'm using a template and I'm having a problem aligning a couple of elements.

Here is my site:

http://www.obtds.co.uk

As you can see, I have repeated two images down the vertical axis to give an outer glow effect.

For some reason these images start beneath the banner at the top of the page (even though they are set to "top: 0px;") When I set them to " top: -250px;", they then start from the top of the page but they don't repeat all the way to the bottom (they stop 250 px short.)

You can see here:

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

At the top of the page, the bottom of the page, and above the left and right columns it has all the code that I was supposed to put into the files. For instance, at the top of my admin page, it actually shows the code that starts out....//START STS 4.1....above the OSCommerce logo. I would show you what my website looks like with all the code in it but, when I realized it was screwed up, I took all the code back out of my files. But, I put it in and took it out twice and it did the same thing both times. It's like the pages recognize it as TEXT and not as CODE. Weird!

The issue is a user error on your part.

You have misconfigured the settings in the STS Default module.

Change everything back to the default settings.

For example:

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

**select one from the dropdown menu**

Default template file

sts_template.html

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello. I have installed STS 4.61 on MS2.2. I have two (2) problems with the templates and would appreciate any assistance in correcting:

(1) I am able to get all of the templates to display correctly with the exception of the category box ($category$). The categories randomly change from my site, donnards.com/osC/, to another sites categories catalog, lebonimpex.com/catalog/, with each refresh or when clicking on a different link within the site.

and

(2) the popup_image.php does not display correctly. When the popup page comes up, it just displays all of the $placeholders and the other information similar to the regular page. I have both enabled and disabled the popup module in the STS module, but with no different results.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Two errors on your part:

1. Your configure.php files are not setup correctly as this is what will determine the site locations.

2. You have misconfigured the STS Default module and possibly the STS Popup Image module as well. Set everything back to the default settings and then test from there.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Module Directory: /home/devilst1/public_html/shop/includes/modules/sts/

thats what is coming up when sts comes up in my modules now.

You have not completed the installation correctly. I have provided all of the files that you need so you could easily COMPARE them with the files that you edited manually to make sure you did the correct modifications to your shop.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bit of help needed, have installed this contribution and everything works fine with the catalog until you go to the checkout.

It sends you to the correct SSL directory but all of the image links etc, which are pointed TO BY $templatedir also include the base directory.

e.g catalog is https://www.xx.com/shop

all the links are then linked /shop/includes/sts_template

hope i explained that well

Either something in your configure.php files are not setup correctly or you have made some modifications in the STS modules that is pointing to the wrong path.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

The issue is a user error on your part.

You have misconfigured the settings in the STS Default module.

Change everything back to the default settings.

For example:

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

**select one from the dropdown menu**

Default template file

sts_template.html

I'm confused about what dropdown menu you're referring to. If you're referring to the STS menu that shows up in admin on my OSCommerce, it never showed up on there. I uploaded the files that came with the download and then did the manual install and that's as far as I made it. Immediately after doing that, I noticed the code on my page and realized that there was no STS menu in my admin. So I took the manual coding back out, left the uploaded files in my folders (untouched or even looked at), tried to put the code back in (with the same result), took it back out and posted on here.

Maybe I'm confused about what you're telling me to do but, if you're telling me to make changes to the files you listed, I wouldn't know what changes to make because I never made any changes to them in the first place that I need to undo. I'm sorry if that's not what you're telling me to do.

I feel stupid cause I've installed several add-ons and never had a problem....but I can't figure this out. I know it has to be me cause noone else is having this problem! ARGH!!!

I tell you what....I'm gonna put the code back in (even though visitors will be able to see it) because noone even knows about my page yet or even uses it so it shouldn't even matter. It should be back in by the time you read this. Maybe I should even remove the uploaded files and put them back in and see if anything changes. You can see my store right here.. If I figure it out, I'll come back here and post that I did. If I don't figure it out, you'll see the code on my page. I'm sorry to be a pain!

Edited by cherishedmoments

Ok, I fixed my problem! I don't know if you'll laugh at me or shake your head but guess what I did?!

Well, I know a little bit about HTML but only the basics. Usually I have to copy HTML from tutorials and make changes. Well, the directions for the manual install of STS says (in some places), "Add at the end:" or "Add at the beginning:" and I did EXACTLY what it said. In other words, when it said, "Add at the end:", I scrolled to the bottom (after the ?>) and pasted the text. Ok, ok.....I know what you're gonna say...."I should have compared the files." Well, the reason I know you're gonna say that is because I read your post #5900 when I succeeded to install STS but came up with the same parse code that the poster from that post came up with. I read your advice to him! LOL Lesson learned! (You proud of me?! LOL)

Last night I decided to read the post about "How to secure your site" and I installed those add-ons. Well, one of them had directions that stated to add code "at the end, anywhere before the ?>" so I got it right with those. Then, this morning, when I decided to give STS another try, I immediately realized my mistake! I really do have alot to learn about coding!!!!! I know you have to be shaking your head right now! LOL Sorry! Thanks so much for the add-on and the help. I'm sure that, once I start to configure it, I'll be back. Hopefully, I'll be able to find all (or most) of my answers by doing a search so I won't have to post anything new.

What would us newbies do without this forum?! We'd pay big bucks to someone to do this for us! As soon as I talk to mom (we co-own our business), we will make a donation in appreciation of all your hard work. Thanks again!

Ok, I fixed my problem! I don't know if you'll laugh at me or shake your head but guess what I did?!

Well, I know a little bit about HTML but only the basics. Usually I have to copy HTML from tutorials and make changes. Well, the directions for the manual install of STS says (in some places), "Add at the end:" or "Add at the beginning:" and I did EXACTLY what it said. In other words, when it said, "Add at the end:", I scrolled to the bottom (after the ?>) and pasted the text. Ok, ok.....I know what you're gonna say...."I should have compared the files." Well, the reason I know you're gonna say that is because I read your post #5900 when I succeeded to install STS but came up with the same parse code that the poster from that post came up with. I read your advice to him! LOL Lesson learned! (You proud of me?! LOL)

Last night I decided to read the post about "How to secure your site" and I installed those add-ons. Well, one of them had directions that stated to add code "at the end, anywhere before the ?>" so I got it right with those. Then, this morning, when I decided to give STS another try, I immediately realized my mistake! I really do have alot to learn about coding!!!!! I know you have to be shaking your head right now! LOL Sorry! Thanks so much for the add-on and the help. I'm sure that, once I start to configure it, I'll be back. Hopefully, I'll be able to find all (or most) of my answers by doing a search so I won't have to post anything new.

What would us newbies do without this forum?! We'd pay big bucks to someone to do this for us! As soon as I talk to mom (we co-own our business), we will make a donation in appreciation of all your hard work. Thanks again!

Thanks for posting back. :-)

It gets easier from here onward.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

first of all thank you for all your work and time you are spending supporting the contribution.

I have just one strange problem.

I have RC2a and I have installed an old contribution Cart in header with image

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1350

it adds one function to general.php

adds one file to boxes folder

and a code to header.php

I renamed image_in_cart.php to imageincart.php

I added

$sts->start_capture();
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'imageincart.php');
  $sts->stop_capture('imageincartbox', 'box'); 

to sts_user_code.php

and

<td align="middle" width="100" >$imageincartbox</td>

to sts_template.php

everything works.

But:

in sts_user_code.php I have:

$sts->start_capture();
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
  $sts->stop_capture('manufacturers', 'box');

$sts->start_capture();
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'advsearch.php');
 $sts->stop_capture('advsearchbox', 'box');  

$sts->start_capture();
  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'imageincart.php');
  $sts->stop_capture('imageincartbox', 'box');  

Even if I don´t put

$advsearchbox

in my sts_template, I still see it above my imageincart in header.

If I comment out the lines

$sts->start_capture();
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'advsearch.php');
 $sts->stop_capture('advsearchbox', 'box'); 

manufacturers box appears above my imageincart, even though I don´t mention $manufacturersbox in my sts_template.php at all

It only happens with imageincart, no other box tries to grab another box and put it above itself.

Could you please give me advice what to do?

Thank you very much

Hi there,

Im rlly getting nervous about my problem, so i hope you guys can help me out here. I got oscommerce implented to my website with STS, all is fine but i got 1 major problem and that is font-size.

On the index the font-size is good, without any problems. Even the cart is good here look:

http://www.augus.nl/webdesign/Redmar/webshop/index.php

Its all font size 10px and thats what i want for all my content. But when put something in ur cart you go to:

http://www.augus.nl/webdesign/Redmar/webshop/shopping_cart.php

Then the fonts change for that page, and for the shopping cart the same. You can see with an webdeveloper tool that the .css would make it 10px but it doesnt.

So what can be the problem here? And how do i solve this?

I rlly appriciate ur time and efford!

Hi Bill,

I'm hoping you can help me? I want to have 'Use template for infoboxes' set to 'true' (because it looks better), but when I do, the infobox header for the main new items box towards the bottom of the page (the bit that says 'new items for september' etc) disappears.

The infobox headers for the infoboxes in the columns remain. I know that this must be because of a setting in my template, but I don't know what it is? I presume it's something in the sts_template.html file, but when I open it and look at the code I can't see what it might be?

As always, I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Many thanks and my very best wishes,

Tom

P.S. My website is here