• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi everyone:)

I've installed both oscommcer v2.2rca & sts v4.6 both are working fine...as I can see the default module in my admin area. Furthermore I've installed the default module & make the sts enable/true in edit/options of default module page.

Now I've uploaded a theme in sts_inc folder but when I go to admin area I can't see any new theme for installation. I didn't find any sts_templates folder. I uploaded the sts entire file but whenever I upload it it begins with blank floder & no sts_templates appear on the server side...though its present on the local site of ftp client software.

please let me know if anyone knows where im making a mistake?

Hi everyone:)

I've installed both oscommcer v2.2rca & sts v4.6 both are working fine...as I can see the default module in my admin area. Furthermore I've installed the default module & make the sts enable/true in edit/options of default module page.

Now I've uploaded a theme in sts_inc folder but when I go to admin area I can't see any new theme for installation. I didn't find any sts_templates folder. I uploaded the sts entire file but whenever I upload it it begins with blank floder & no sts_templates appear on the server side...though its present on the local site of ftp client software.

please let me know if anyone knows where im making a mistake?

If you dont have a folder [catalog}/incudes/sts_templates/ then definitely youdidn't made the installation correctly.

Thats the place where all sts template files are uploaded. The includes/modules/sts_inc/folder contains files with sts related code, and thats not the place to upload any templates. Delete all the files you uploaded to there again.

You should go on more careful: If instructions say to upload something to the /sts_templates/ folder and you don't have this folder, then you should check why you don't have it and what mistake you did, instead of saying "it doesn't matter" or maybe thinkng the instructions are wrong and using the next best folder that contains "sts"

Also, before uploading any new themes, make sure the sts installation as it comes by default is working fine, that you have the templates that are included available in your admin and that you can select and change them. After this all work, go on with installing your desired template.

Hi =) I rewrite every thing again. This is the location of my sts template:/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts_templates/appliances_osc

This is the msg which I recieve when I reload my site: Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/single/sts_template.html]

This is the location of module directory inside admin area for sts module: Module Directory: /customers/ebitna.co.uk/ebitna.co.uk/httpd.www/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts/

Please let me know where is mistake/s?

Hi =) I rewrite every thing again. This is the location of my sts template:/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts_templates/appliances_osc

This is the msg which I recieve when I reload my site: Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/single/sts_template.html]

This is the location of module directory inside admin area for sts module: Module Directory: /customers/ebitna.co.uk/ebitna.co.uk/httpd.www/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts/

Please let me know where is mistake/s?

I assume that you deleted the templates that come with the addon, and hat you want to use one that is in folder catalog/includes/modules/sts_templates/appliances_osc/

You need to go to your admin (admin->modules->sts) click on "default" and say what template folder you want to use and whats the default template name. The folder /appliances_osc/ should appear in the drop down, the default template name I don't know, depends on your template, but maybe there is just one file

Hi I downloaded another template & upload each & every file to sts_templates but no change same error msg:

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/single/sts_template.html]

I will add this information as it could help in identifying the problem: I've made an external link to oscommerce catalog from my domain name: www.etbitna.co.uk, hyperlink for oscommerce is buy i.e if someone clicks on buy he will be directed to this store.

sts is working fine & I can see four modules & install & disable them. I've installed the default module & make it true for sts template.

This is the path location of my new template: /buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts_templates/flowers_osc

Do you think it has any thing to do with module directory address which is shown in the admin area as:

Module Directory: /customers/ebitna.co.uk/ebitna.co.uk/httpd.www/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts/

any clue/s where is the problem:(

any clue/s where is the problem:(

Did you check if your STS installation works fine BEFORE uploading any new templates and BEFORE deleting the templates of the addon?

Could you see your page change? Could you select other templates from the dropdown in admin?

However, did you SELECT the new template folder from your admin? Do you see any drop down?

I told you to be sure first that the installation work before starting to delete and upload other stuff.

What happens is you place back the template that you deleted? (folder includes/sts_templates/single/)

Edited by multimixer

yes every thing works fine & I can select all the four modules of sts & can install them. But I'm not seeing any folder/file for the uploaded template flower_osc...though its present in sts_templates.

The only change I can notice from the instruction is the location of module directory which shows as module directory/home/ /public_html/includes/modules/sts

But my location of module directory is as follows: Module Directory: /customers/ebitna.co.uk/ebitna.co.uk/httpd.www/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts/

Any ideas/thoughts of the problem?

thanks =)

yes every thing works fine & I can select all the four modules of sts & can install them. But I'm not seeing any folder/file for the uploaded template flower_osc...though its present in sts_templates.

The only change I can notice from the instruction is the location of module directory which shows as module directory/home/ /public_html/includes/modules/sts

But my location of module directory is as follows: Module Directory: /customers/ebitna.co.uk/ebitna.co.uk/httpd.www/buy/catalog/includes/modules/sts/

Any ideas/thoughts of the problem?

thanks =)

Your problem is completely USER ERROR. Your installation of STS is not working correctly.

THE "MODULES" DIRECTORY IS NOT THE CORRECT FOLDER TO UPLOAD TEMPLATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE INSTALL STS AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN TEST. Select the sample template folders from the drop down menu in the admin and veiw each template set in a browser.

If everything is OK, then upload any new STS templates to the http://www.*YOUR_SHOP.COM*/*YOUR_SHOP_ROOT_FOLDER*/includes/sts_templates/**UPLOAD_YOUR_COMPLETE_NEW_TEMPLATE_FOLDER_HERE**

Get your template folder out of the includes/modules/ folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello everyone - first time STS user here. I am prefacing this by saying this is probably user errror but I can't figure it out. I've been through the installation, this board and the docs. I think the issue is terminology but I'm lost.

I have installed the contribution and it works properly. However, I am trying to add a new page for a product category. As I'm trying to learn this - I took existing template 60 and just want to put in a new category page. Figured its best just to see how it works before I go to advanced. I have installed index and product info in admin. All folders are the defaults.

I took the existing sts_template.html page from catalog\includes\sts_templates\freeosc_060 and added some HTML text at the top and removed $content. Saved it as the category name product_info.php_c25_27.html in the 60 template folder. sts_template.html is still in the original location. No luck and so I have been reading and trying new locations.

First question - I have item 27 in category 25. The name of category page template should be product_info.php_c25_27.html or product_info.php_25_27.html? Do you need the c in front of the category? I have seen it both ways.

Next question- I'm certain I am putting the template in the wrong directory. I keep reading about a content folder but don't have one in this template or in my catalog. STS_Templates is in catlog\includes. Do I need to create one and missed this step?

Last question - I don't follow the admin folder setup - do I need to add new folders or if I use a default template just leave the defaults.

Apologies for being dumb on this but I've spent about 2 days trying to figure it out and you would think I would get lucky and put something in the right place.

Appreciate any help you can provide and thanks in advance.

Steve

Hello everyone - first time STS user here. I am prefacing this by saying this is probably user errror but I can't figure it out. I've been through the installation, this board and the docs. I think the issue is terminology but I'm lost.

I have installed the contribution and it works properly. However, I am trying to add a new page for a product category. As I'm trying to learn this - I took existing template 60 and just want to put in a new category page. Figured its best just to see how it works before I go to advanced. I have installed index and product info in admin. All folders are the defaults.

I took the existing sts_template.html page from catalog\includes\sts_templates\freeosc_060 and added some HTML text at the top and removed $content. Saved it as the category name product_info.php_c25_27.html in the 60 template folder. sts_template.html is still in the original location. No luck and so I have been reading and trying new locations.

First question - I have item 27 in category 25. The name of category page template should be product_info.php_c25_27.html or product_info.php_25_27.html? Do you need the c in front of the category? I have seen it both ways.

Next question- I'm certain I am putting the template in the wrong directory. I keep reading about a content folder but don't have one in this template or in my catalog. STS_Templates is in catlog\includes. Do I need to create one and missed this step?

Last question - I don't follow the admin folder setup - do I need to add new folders or if I use a default template just leave the defaults.

Apologies for being dumb on this but I've spent about 2 days trying to figure it out and you would think I would get lucky and put something in the right place.

Appreciate any help you can provide and thanks in advance.

Steve

Hello Steve and welcome to the STSv4 Support Thread. Unlike the comment you recieved in your previous post, STS is the most downloaded contribution from osCommerce.com. With that said, there are MANY users who use and enjoy STS. Just thought I would throw that out there at no charge laugh.gif

thumbsup.gif Note: Unless you are making a "content" template, there is no need for a includes/sts_templates/*your_template_folder*/content folder. Oh, and by the way, unless you are adding a "static" page to your site, you will always need the $content$ variable in your template.

Take a look at the following posts regarding naming your template:

http://forums.oscomm...3entry1400113

If you are still having problems after that, please come back and let us know.

Hope that helped,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello Steve and welcome to the STSv4 Support Thread. Unlike the comment you recieved in your previous post, STS is the most downloaded contribution from osCommerce.com. With that said, there are MANY users who use and enjoy STS. Just thought I would throw that out there at no charge laugh.gif

thumbsup.gif Note: Unless you are making a "content" template, there is no need for a includes/sts_templates/*your_template_folder*/content folder. Oh, and by the way, unless you are adding a "static" page to your site, you will always need the $content$ variable in your template.

Take a look at the following posts regarding naming your template:

http://forums.oscomm...3entry1400113

If you are still having problems after that, please come back and let us know.

Hope that helped,

Thanks Bill - may be a newbie with OSC but it is apparent who the experts are and who helps. :)

Regarding the link - maybe I have been at this to long but I didn't see anything about template names on that page or 4 or 5 on either side. If its the right link - I'll look again in the morning with fresh eyes.

I just took the content tag out to see if I could get the page to change. Figured that was the easiest way to "see" what was happening. In practice I will probably just put text in above the content for the category.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Bill - may be a newbie with OSC but it is apparent who the experts are and who helps. :)

Regarding the link - maybe I have been at this to long but I didn't see anything about template names on that page or 4 or 5 on either side. If its the right link - I'll look again in the morning with fresh eyes.

I just took the content tag out to see if I could get the page to change. Figured that was the easiest way to "see" what was happening. In practice I will probably just put text in above the content for the category.

Thanks again for your help.

Maybe this post will help you more to understand how things work

Thanks Multimixer - helps alot. I also learned that links don't work to well on this board. Best to use the topic number and go from there.

The links have always worked perfectly for me. Maybe your browser or PC??

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Maybe - some work right and some do not. If I check the link to get the post number - I can find the post. If I just go through the link - many times I'm a page off, but sometimes they are dozens of pages off. Not a major issue as I now know how to deal with it.

Hi =)

I've just installed oscommerce latest version 2.2rca & laters sts version 4.6. I can see the sts module & its 4 components in admin area. I can also make them enable & disable. But when i install sts templates into the following directory :/buy/catalog/includes/sts_templates...no templates are show in the admin area. I uploaded several templates but nothing happen. I'm accessing my store from my domain name called ebitna.co.uk & there's a link named buy for oscommerce catalog...

Do I've to overwrite/replace any files after uploading the template or do I've to simply upload the template to the template folder & that's it.

would someone plz tell me know where im making mistake/s?

thanks!

Edited by tkhan

Hi

I got a problem with STS, you know when STS shows the standard $content$ then at the top of the content, there is a row of links showing where you are located.

The problem is that when I click the first called "Top" sessionID is reset (it disapears because it is not added to the link), and if you are logged in and press this link, you will be logged off your account so you have to login again (If you are not logged in and use the link, the cart will also be reset).

Can someone please help me with this?

Also if there is any possibility that I can remove the sessionID's from the link so it doesn't apear but still function the same way, without using the session script "Force cookies" because I have heard that many people have problem with this function (I will have shared SSL on the webhotel I will be using)

Hi :)

How can I add extra pages (e.g. about us, faqs, blog etc) to my oscommerce shop with sts templates installed?

I made a link for the oscommerce shop in my website...now I wanted to delete that link & wanted the front page of my oscommerce shop to be the first page of my website...any clue?

thanks!

Hi:)

what's the easiest way of editing sts template page to add one's own content (like terms & condition, shipping & return policy etc)...I don't know php etc so can i do it still?

thanks=)

Edited by tkhan

Hi:)

what's the easiest way of editing sts template page to add one's own content (like terms & condition, shipping & return policy etc)...I don't know php etc so can i do it still?

thanks=)

Yes. Just create a template page for each of them and then leave out the $content$ variable.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi smile.gif

How can I add extra pages (e.g. about us, faqs, blog etc) to my oscommerce shop with sts templates installed?

I made a link for the oscommerce shop in my website...now I wanted to delete that link & wanted the front page of my oscommerce shop to be the first page of my website...any clue?

thanks!

You should visit the STS Power Pack site (a site dedicated to all STS add-ons) as it provides a nice tutorial on how to do this.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello Bill,

In post 3755 you said there was a flow chart for how STS looks for templates in the user guide. I couldn't find it in the user guide and since the post is a few years old figured it was removed for some reason. Is the chart still available?

Thanks,

Hello Bill,

In post 3755 you said there was a flow chart for how STS looks for templates in the user guide. I couldn't find it in the user guide and since the post is a few years old figured it was removed for some reason. Is the chart still available?

Thanks,

Yep. Look in the "docs" folder that came with the contribution. Included, is a flow chart for each of the modules and how STS works with templates with that particular module is installed.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions