• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

lightbox with STS V 4.6

hello guys i ve STS installed into my website i just want to know that will the installation will work the same way or is there any modifications to be made

Hi there

Yes, the lightbox installation works perfectly with STS

No modification needed in STS files

except, of course, in your HTML file where you have to point to the lightbox scripts and css files

Regards

Kelson

Can't wait to try it out. Thank you

I keep following links to download this STS 4.6 addon.. but I cannot for the life of me seee where the download is.. all I see are these darn threads about it all.. where is the actual download >?

I keep following links to download this STS 4.6 addon.. but I cannot for the life of me seee where the download is.. all I see are these darn threads about it all.. where is the actual download >?

Click on the STSv4.6 link in my signature below. You can also go to the "Add-ons" link at the top of this page and it will take you to all of the available add-ons. You will find Simple Template System listed as one of the if not top downloads. It is listed #2 overall downloads since the beginning of osCommerce.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi Sorry if this is not the right place for this, I'm a newbie.

I just finished installing STS V4.6, Had an error but I got that fixed. Now in admin under "Do you want to use Simple Template System?" I change it to true and update it, it shows up as false? What am I missing? Thanks

~PWPB

Edit= I see I can not change any info on this, it keeps going back to default.

Edited by pwpb

Hi Sorry if this is not the right place for this, I'm a newbie.

I just finished installing STS V4.6, Had an error but I got that fixed. Now in admin under "Do you want to use Simple Template System?" I change it to true and update it, it shows up as false? What am I missing? Thanks

~PWPB

Edit= I see I can not change any info on this, it keeps going back to default.

You may have uploaded a file to the wrong folder or you did not complete the installation. Use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to compare the files on your server with the files from the contribution.

Note: You need the files in both the folders "Files for RC2" and "STS" to complete the installation. The files in the "Files for RC2" can be uploaded if your store has not be modified in any way (a new osCommerce installation), otherwise, use these files to compare to where you need to make the necessary code edits.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Dear bkellum,

i a newbie at this forum.... hi all... i just install STSv4 & use template freeosc_061...

i got 2 problem... 1 is my 1st letter out 2 time.. please visit http://rndtechs.com/osc/index.php?cPath=21

Let's See What We Have Here Let's See What We Have Here

how to remove one?

another 1 is in product details no button buy?

sorry to ask coz i cant find inside forum

Dear bkellum,

i a newbie at this forum.... hi all... i just install STSv4 & use template freeosc_061...

i got 2 problem... 1 is my 1st letter out 2 time.. please visit http://rndtechs.com/...ex.php?cPath=21

Let's See What We Have Here Let's See What We Have Here

how to remove one?

another 1 is in product details no button buy?

sorry to ask coz i cant find inside forum

How to remove "Let's See What We Have Here":

1. Remove method 1
  2. or Install Header Tags Controller and control that text as well as gain search engine benefits.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

how to to 2nd step... i cant find Add On Header Tags Controller

Here are some Google search tips:

Search the specific STS version 4 support thread:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4 $templatedir

By adding the search phrase "$templatedir", Google will search the entire STSv4 Forum thread for that phrase.

Search the entire osCommerce forum:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums sts

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "insert your search text here without the quotes"

By adding the search phrase "sts", Google will search the entire osCommerce Support Forum for that phrase.

Search the contributions:

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions simple template system

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions "insert the search contribution name here without the quotes"

By adding the search phrase "simple template system", Google will search the entire osCommerce contributions for that phrase.

So...

Do a Google search for: site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions Header Tags SEO

And that will return the following.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You may have uploaded a file to the wrong folder or you did not complete the installation. Use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to compare the files on your server with the files from the contribution.

Note: You need the files in both the folders "Files for RC2" and "STS" to complete the installation. The files in the "Files for RC2" can be uploaded if your store has not be modified in any way (a new osCommerce installation), otherwise, use these files to compare to where you need to make the necessary code edits.

Hi it was a fresh install, so I went back to the fresh install backup. I uploaded all the files from both folders. It still will not let me edit it. Also I found that none of the Modules can be edited, (shipping, sts payments, or order totals). I can edit other Administration tools, but not the Module. Thank you for your help.

Hi it was a fresh install, so I went back to the fresh install backup. I uploaded all the files from both folders. It still will not let me edit it. Also I found that none of the Modules can be edited, (shipping, sts payments, or order totals). I can edit other Administration tools, but not the Module. Thank you for your help.

If your shop admin moduels worked BEFORE installing STSv4.6, then look here.

What version of osCommerce are you using?

If older than RC2a, then look here.

STS will not work with osCommerce v3.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

If your shop admin moduels worked BEFORE installing STSv4.6, then look here.

What version of osCommerce are you using?

If older than RC2a, then look here.

STS will not work with osCommerce v3.

I think I found the problem, it seams like there was a previous version that I did not completely remove before. Sorry for being a newbie. :blink:

Okay, maybe that is now the right way to post my question regarding the STS no show i experience.

I just went through the steps you explained to me again BK.

No show still.

A closer look at your original instructions:

It says:

From the "STS" folder, copy the new files to your store:

catalog\includes\classes\sts.php

etc.....

- i do not have any folder called "catalog" in my installment of osc2.2!

I have an Includes folder in my main (root) dir plus another Includes folder in my Admin folder, but i assume your Includes folder (next inside the STS folder) and all folders and files thereafter goes (overwrites) the existing osc2.2 Includes main (root) dir folder (that had in my case only a htaccess file in it, nothing else), right??

Step 2,

Modify osCommerce files

all these files are also quoted as going into

catalog\

first - which i do not have!

(i used a hosts quick install Fantastico installation for osc2.2)

So, am i having this problem because i have no

catalog

folder and hence placed all files just into

main

or

admin and includes

folders instead???

Okay, maybe that is now the right way to post my question regarding the STS no show i experience.

I just went through the steps you explained to me again BK.

No show still.

A closer look at your original instructions:

It says:

etc.....

- i do not have any folder called "catalog" in my installment of osc2.2!

I have an Includes folder in my main (root) dir plus another Includes folder in my Admin folder, but i assume your Includes folder (next inside the STS folder) and all folders and files thereafter goes (overwrites) the existing osc2.2 Includes main (root) dir folder (that had in my case only a htaccess file in it, nothing else), right??

Step 2,

Modify osCommerce files

all these files are also quoted as going into

catalog\

first - which i do not have!

(i used a hosts quick install Fantastico installation for osc2.2)

So, am i having this problem because i have no

catalog

folder and hence placed all files just into

main

or

admin and includes

folders instead???

STS has got to be the easiest contribution to install onto osCommerce. If you can't do it, then you might want to consider hiring someone to do it for you (as with any other contribution you may want installed). It only gets tougher from here folks.

Take your time. Follow the instructions. Get to know the osCommerce software BEFORE you try to install add-ons (such as the Simple Template System). Doing this, would asnwer some of the very basic issues that you are experiencing above such as not knowing that when installation instructions mention "catalog", they are actually refering to the location on your server where you have osCommerce installed, either in the root of your server or in a folder (any folder name that you happend to use).

With that said, the STS instructions state that you need to do 3 things:

• Upload all of the files included in the "STS" folder to your osCommerce store. No, this does not mean to simply upload the "STS" folder. It means, upload the files/folders INSIDE of the "STS" folder, keeping the file/folder structure in tact.
  • Now you need to edit some core (stock) files of osCommerce. You either do this manually by following the code edits from the instructions or you simply upload the files from the "Files for RC2" folder over your osCommerce files, replacing the originals with these modified files. Again, this does not mean to simply upload the "Files for RC2" folder. It means, upload the files/folders INSIDE of the "Files for RC2" folder, keeping the file/folder structure in tact.

TIP: Instead of making the edits manually and risk making a mistake, use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to compare your core osCommerce files with the files inside of the "Files for RC2" folder. Merge in the differences and then upload these modified files to your store.
  • Configure STS in the ADMIN of your store. Basically, click on the INSTALL button and then click on the "TRUE" button to enable STS. Leave everything else in the default settings until you get used to using STS.

That's it. As a matter of fact, most of the contributions that you will install in the future will follow the same format above.

One more thing...you should not be using osCv3 for a live store as it is still in development. You should use osCommerce Online Merchant (RC2a) instead. STSv4.6 will work with osCommerce RC2a perfectly.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi, I have installed Articles Manager_1.57_5_1 and Header Tags_SEO_V_3.2.3 and my site uses the STS Template system. The install appears to work fine up until the point where I insert the code:

/**** BEGIN ARTICLE MANAGER ****/
 if (AUTHOR_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'authors.php');
 }
 if (ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php');
 }
 /**** END ARTICLE MANAGER ****/

When I insert this before the final ?> in the column_left.php file it renders the article and authors info in the central content section and throws the content of the left and right columns all over the shop. If I insert the same code in the column_right.php file it doesn't appear at all, and whilst it doesn't disrupt the position of other items on the page it messes up the Spanish language version of the site.

I've tried it with STS turned off and it works fine with the standard oscommerce template. So I'm presuming my problem lies with my STS.

If anybody has any suggestions as to where the problem might lie so as to narrow down my search, it would be most appreciated.

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off STS for one or two pages.

I'm trying to use a printable catalog mod. The mod works fine when I turn STS off Is there a way to turn of STS just for catalog/print_catalog.php but leave default enabled so it's still working for all other pages?

Thank You,

Alex

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off STS for one or two pages.

I'm trying to use a printable catalog mod. The mod works fine when I turn STS off Is there a way to turn of STS just for catalog/print_catalog.php but leave default enabled so it's still working for all other pages?

Thank You,

Alex

How to exclude a page from being templated in STSv4.5.x and above:

In the sts_default.php file, find the following code:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))
         return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

Add your php file that you want STS to exclude and it will not template that file. Note: Add the script name as follows:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "your_script_here")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

That should do the trick for you.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi, I have installed Articles Manager_1.57_5_1 and Header Tags_SEO_V_3.2.3 and my site uses the STS Template system. The install appears to work fine up until the point where I insert the code:

/**** BEGIN ARTICLE MANAGER ****/
 }
 }
 /**** END ARTICLE MANAGER ****/

When I insert this before the final ?> in the column_left.php file it renders the article and authors info in the central content section and throws the content of the left and right columns all over the shop. If I insert the same code in the column_right.php file it doesn't appear at all, and whilst it doesn't disrupt the position of other items on the page it messes up the Spanish language version of the site.

I've tried it with STS turned off and it works fine with the standard oscommerce template. So I'm presuming my problem lies with my STS.

If anybody has any suggestions as to where the problem might lie so as to narrow down my search, it would be most appreciated.

See this link when adding custom contributions.

You need to add the following in the includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php:

// Article Manager

$sts->restart_capture ('authorsbox', 'box');

}else{

$sts->template['authorskbox']='';

}

$sts->restart_capture ('articlesbox', 'box');

}else{

$sts->template['articlesbox']='';

}

Now use $articlesbox$ and $authorskbox$ in your template where you want them.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey, thanks this will with installing so many other mods that aren't compatible with STS.

Alex

How to exclude a page from being templated in STSv4.5.x and above:

In the sts_default.php file, find the following code:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

Add your php file that you want STS to exclude and it will not template that file. Note: Add the script name as follows:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "your_script_here")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

That should do the trick for you.

Hope this helped,

Hey, thanks this will with installing so many other mods that aren't compatible with STS.

Alex

It's not that they are not compatible with STS, it's just that they have a portion that does not adhere to osCommerce coding standards and therefore you need to tell STS to ignore them.

The above is mentioned in the STS User Manual as well.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

When I use STS images aren't showing up but when I turn it off they do. Can anyone help?

Glad you took the time to find the correct STS thread. Wasn't that easy?

1. Usually, with these types of issues, it is most likely that your site's configure.php files are not setup correctly (includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php).
  2. Another possible reason, you do not have the correct permissions setup on your images folder.
  3. And lastly, make sure you didn't make the rookie mistake of turning on "Use Search Engine Safe URL's". This should never be turned on as it is still in development. If you want this option, you will need to install one of the SEO contributions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Glad you took the time to find the correct STS thread. Wasn't that easy?

1. Usually, with these types of issues, it is most likely that your site's configure.php files are not setup correctly (includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php).
  2. Another possible reason, you do not have the correct permissions setup on your images folder.
  3. And lastly, make sure you didn't make the rookie mistake of turning on "Use Search Engine Safe URL's". This should never be turned on as it is still in development. If you want this option, you will need to install one of the SEO contributions.

The site works fine in IE when STS is set to false. When I set STS to true (doesn't matter what template I am using) the images on all product pages break in IE. The images work in Opera and Firefox though.