• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hey Bill,

Nevermind (unless you already know I need to edit something else). If I turn STS off I still have the same problem and I have verified that the stylesheet is being pulled. I'm off to find the forum for the product tabs contribution and see if anyone there knows :blush:

Hi Bill,

I found there is a contribution that does what I was wanting to do - problem is I can't quite seem to get it working right in product_info.php I don't have templates turned on for the product_info at the moment as I was trying to use the Product Tabs contribution and I almost have it but for some reason it is all showing up vertical rather than as tabs in a horizontal layout. I can't remember if there is another page I should be editing for product_info.php with STS installed so figured I'd ask if I should edit something else too - LOL

Thanks! (you can see what it's doing here: www dot tcdataweb dot com/MMHTest/herbal-calcium-p-37.html)

PS - it is pulling the stylesheet info correctly I believe

~Tracy

Hi,

Like I said, all of the template file pull great when Ultimate SEO is turned off. When it is on, they don't. Why would the admin settings for the STS be causing problems when the product_info.php pages work when Ultimare SEO is turned off?

The settings....

Default template (v2.1.1)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

store

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Index template (v2.0.0)

Use template for index page

true

Files for index.php template

sts_user_code.php

Check parent templates

true

Product info templates and content templates (v2.1.0)

Use template for product info page

true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode

false

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Files for content template

sts_user_code.php;product_info.php

The popup is not turned on.

Thanks!

One thing you mentioned was typical of an incorrect setting in the Files for Normal template but your settings are OK (best to make sure the thing is "plugged in" before looking any further).

Also: You should NEVER enable the "Use Search Engine Friendly URLS" as the code is still in development. Disable this in the admin if you have this enabled.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Bill,

I would like to add png24 support in my index-page and then to the product-pages as well (sts template pages offcourse). I found a solution written in php (link). What i basically need to do is perform a preg_replace on the complete page to search/replace png images for msie6. Since i'm using sts i'm looking for the best place to do this, i found function replace in the sts object. Is this a good place to do it? Or are there other better ways to do it?

Thanks,

Paul

Bill,

I would like to add png24 support in my index-page and then to the product-pages as well (sts template pages offcourse). I found a solution written in php (link). What i basically need to do is perform a preg_replace on the complete page to search/replace png images for msie6. Since i'm using sts i'm looking for the best place to do this, i found function replace in the sts object. Is this a good place to do it? Or are there other better ways to do it?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

A simple method would be to add the PHP file to the "Files for Normal Template" in the STS Modules in the admin and place the PHP file in includes/modules/sts_inc.

Have you tried that?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have a shop with 2 different languages, I want my own customized looking menu and do not want to use the category box ... so (without using the urlcat function because i've read this is a hog of resources and also i can't manage to figure out how to make it work anyhow! haha) is there a way to link to the product categories? I thought the urlcat method would be the way because then the category names could change based on the language selection without any extra fussing. thoughts?

thanks!

I have a shop with 2 different languages, I want my own customized looking menu and do not want to use the category box ... so (without using the urlcat function because i've read this is a hog of resources and also i can't manage to figure out how to make it work anyhow! haha) is there a way to link to the product categories? I thought the urlcat method would be the way because then the category names could change based on the language selection without any extra fussing. thoughts?

thanks!

Yes, you can easily do what you are wanting to do. Have you considered using the Categories as a Nested unordered List contribution? It allows you to edit the category listing using CSS.

See this link for making your static menu:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1162574

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Paul,

A simple method would be to add the PHP file to the "Files for Normal Template" in the STS Modules in the admin and place the PHP file in includes/modules/sts_inc.

Have you tried that?

This would make the 'replacePngTags' function available to STS yes, good idea. But question remains; from where to actually call this function that requires the page content as input argument? (or am i missing something about the sts_inc modules?) The $sts->Replace sounded like a good idea?

Paul

Hi Bill,

I don't have "user friendly urls" turned on.

I have Ultimate SEO 5 and STS installed. Have you heard of any problems of them working together? When I have Ultimate SEO 5 turned OFF the product_info.php.html pages work. And when Ultimate SEO 5 is turned ON the product_info.php.html pages DON'T work.

Please help!

Hi Bill,

I don't have "user friendly urls" turned on.

I have Ultimate SEO 5 and STS installed. Have you heard of any problems of them working together? When I have Ultimate SEO 5 turned OFF the product_info.php.html pages work. And when Ultimate SEO 5 is turned ON the product_info.php.html pages DON'T work.

Please help!

Ultimate SEO works fine with STS. Check your SEO installation, .htaccess lines to be sure everything is installed correctly there.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Ultimate SEO works fine with STS. Check your SEO installation, .htaccess lines to be sure everything is installed correctly there.

There are so many "latest FULL" versions to download [and all the same version too] that I am not sure anymore WHICH one is WHICH ...?

Thanks

Hi,

I checked my installation -- everything is working good there.

I don't know what are .htaccess lines?

I discovered today that there are two different Ultimate SEO programs -- one written by Chemo and another written by FWR Media. I have the one written by FWR Media called ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5. Does this version of Ultimate SEO conflict with STS?

Another question:

I want to change the layout of the "catalog/index.php?cPath=23_122" pages. It is where all of the products are listed -- for some reason in rows (weird because none of the other oscommerce pages are like this one - specials, catagory pages, etc). Do you have an index page already setup that alters this page?

Thanks for the help!

Another question:

I want to change the layout of the "catalog/index.php?cPath=23_122" pages. It is where all of the products are listed -- for some reason in rows (weird because none of the other oscommerce pages are like this one - specials, catagory pages, etc). Do you have an index page already setup that alters this page?

Thanks for the help!

STS allows you to template category and subcategory pages using the following naming syntax for your templates:

index.php.html = default category template to be used for all category pages that does not have a specific template created for it.

index.php_0.html = Home page template

index.php_23.html = category ID 23 template that will be used in all pages in category ID 23, including subcategories that do not have thier own template.

index.php_23_22.html = subcategory ID 22 template that will be used for subcategory 22 pages.

-------------------------------

To modify the product layout on these pages, the area that is controlled by the $content$ tag, I suggest using a contribution to do this for you such as "Product Listing in Columns" to name one.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS allows you to template category and subcategory pages using the following naming syntax for your templates:

index.php.html = default category template to be used for all category pages that does not have a specific template created for it.

index.php_0.html = Home page template

index.php_23.html = category ID 23 template that will be used in all pages in category ID 23, including subcategories that do not have thier own template.

index.php_23_22.html = subcategory ID 22 template that will be used for subcategory 22 pages.

-------------------------------

To modify the product layout on these pages, the area that is controlled by the $content$ tag, I suggest using a contribution to do this for you such as "Product Listing in Columns" to name one.

I just read the "STS4.5.8_Beginners Tutorial.pdf", went onto the install.html, followed the link that should bring me to the support thread of STSn4.5.8 and don't even know if I am right here because it reads STS v4... so PLEASE TAKE IT EASY AND DON'T YELL AT ME AGAIN THAT I AM IN THE WRONG FORUM ...

Now ... in the install.html I read "...files to copy over a fresh osCommerce..." (4 options). Does this mean that the "latest?" STSv4.5.8 I downloaded can't be installed on my shop since I have already an army of contributions installed?

Thank you.

Just a heads-up for everyone using STS 4 and Product Tabs contributions together - these two contributions work together very well. You don't need to make any special adjustments.

The problems I was having turned out to be several things. I had table row outside of the table in one of my Master Products contribution pages, I had a missing </form> tag in my one of my Tell a Friend Too contribution pages and I needed to change the includes/modules/product_tabs.php page for the Embed URL's in Product Descriptions contribution.

So I just wanted to make sure that I let everyone know - it had nothing to do with STS :blush:

I love the STS contribution, and many times it is blamed for things not working. So I figured I would point out when it works great and has nothing to do with difficulties in getting another contribution up and running ;)

Thanks Bill!!

Hey Bill,

Nevermind (unless you already know I need to edit something else). If I turn STS off I still have the same problem and I have verified that the stylesheet is being pulled. I'm off to find the forum for the product tabs contribution and see if anyone there knows :blush:

~Tracy

how can i put a javascript code in the header just for the shopping_cart.php file or another file?

thanks!

Well, the easiest of course would be to simply add it directly to your template page. To make it specific to a certain page, just create a specific template and then add the JavaScript to it.

shopping_cart.php.html

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just a heads-up for everyone using STS 4 and Product Tabs contributions together - these two contributions work together very well. You don't need to make any special adjustments.

The problems I was having turned out to be several things. I had table row outside of the table in one of my Master Products contribution pages, I had a missing </form> tag in my one of my Tell a Friend Too contribution pages and I needed to change the includes/modules/product_tabs.php page for the Embed URL's in Product Descriptions contribution.

So I just wanted to make sure that I let everyone know - it had nothing to do with STS :blush:

I love the STS contribution, and many times it is blamed for things not working. So I figured I would point out when it works great and has nothing to do with difficulties in getting another contribution up and running ;)

Thanks Bill!!

Thanks for posting back Tracy! ;)

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I just read the "STS4.5.8_Beginners Tutorial.pdf", went onto the install.html, followed the link that should bring me to the support thread of STSn4.5.8 and don't even know if I am right here because it reads STS v4... so PLEASE TAKE IT EASY AND DON'T YELL AT ME AGAIN THAT I AM IN THE WRONG FORUM ...

Now ... in the install.html I read "...files to copy over a fresh osCommerce..." (4 options). Does this mean that the "latest?" STSv4.5.8 I downloaded can't be installed on my shop since I have already an army of contributions installed?

Thank you.

Yes, this is the STSv4.x or in your case 4.5.8 support thread.

No, it means that you can't use the fresh install option.

The best option is to do the following:

1. Use a file comparison tool such as BeYond Compare or WinMerge and compare the files/folders from your store to the files from the contribution.

1. Compare the files in the "Files for MS2" or "Files for RC1/2" (depending on what version of osC you have. These folders include files that you already have in your store but include the modified code needed to integrate STS into your shop. You will use the comparison tool to "merge" in the differences in these files from your existing files in order to not mess up what you already have installed in your shop.

[*]

Upload all of the files/folders from the "STS" folder. This folder includes the files that are new to your shop that you did not have prior to installing STS.

That's it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Well, the easiest of course would be to simply add it directly to your template page. To make it specific to a certain page, just create a specific template and then add the JavaScript to it.

shopping_cart.php.html

but if add directly to my template page, the browser will read the code and the js.file in every other pages unnecessarily...

thanks for the answer!

but if add directly to my template page, the browser will read the code and the js.file in every other pages unnecessarily...

thanks for the answer!

No, you didn't fully understand my answer...

Add ONLY to the specific template, in your example, shopping_cart.php.html, and it would only be used when that page is called up.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Can I change the layout of the Content in a box using STS template system?

Like the productListning and thereby avoid the need of a contrubution that, say lists product in columns instead of rows?

How would i do that?

Absolutely - that's what the "content" folder is for - content templates :) Read the instructions that come with STS to learn how to use them :)

Can I change the layout of the Content in a box using STS template system?

Like the productListning and thereby avoid the need of a contrubution that, say lists product in columns instead of rows?

How would i do that?

~Tracy

can iframes be used with STSv4? If yes, what naming syntax should be used for the content file it reads. Or can sts_users_code be modified. Or is it a matter of creating a page to be placed in the content folder of the template.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

_Matt

Absolutely - that's what the "content" folder is for - content templates :) Read the instructions that come with STS to learn how to use them :)

But does this include the content of boxes to? for instance the product listing box. How does the $content work for this? There is some kind of loop involved in boxes like product listing box or category box but I can't use php code in templates so how does this work? Does the template I create in content/ folder represent the display of one product in product listning box and one category in the categorybox?

I read the part about $content tag but as I understood it I can use $content to shange the shape of a box or a sub page like a category but kan I realy change the box content of category box or product listening box?

What should I name the file in content/ folder so the template pick it upp to show product list for a specifik product?

Edited by fredriksk