• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

One other thing I've found. Figured I'd work on creating a product_info.php.html template as I want to customize the product_info pages. However, when I turn on the module in Admin - I don't get to go to individual product pages - even though the URL shows me that I should be looking at a product, I am instead looking at the category page that product is listed in :blink:

Here is what I have in Admin:

Use template for product info page

true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode

true (I've tried both true and false here - makes no difference)

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Files for content template

sts_user_code.php;product_info.php;headertags.php

Am I missing a file for content templates maybe?

You should not need/use STSv3 compatibility mode.

Have you uploaded your product_info.php.html template into the "content" folder in your template folder?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi again Bill, :blush:

I have been browsing this threads 262 pages, following links, checking out your Power Pack section, etc...

WOW is it overwhelming! :o

I appologize if this has been covered already somewhere, but was hoping you could give a few quick useful comments.

What is the best or easiest category menu to implement into STS?

I was originally looking at a few CSS ones. I'm not sure yet if I want a flyout menu or stick with a tree type. I was contemplating an expanded tree so all are constantly visable but I'd have to rethink my category structure first.

I stumbled across your post (4326) that makes it sound as though - different category (product listing) listings can be displayed differently. Is that true? If so AWESOME!

I noticed this - "Attributes Sorter Copier for STSv4 by dcross02 20 Aug 2007" at the Power Pack downloads page.

Sorry again if I'm repeating questions. :(

I've had a chance to clear my head a little and realized some of my questions didn't seem to make much sense. :blush:

The category menu I want would display the sub-categories by default and allow CSS formatting.

Something like this:

Category 1

__Sub 1

__Sub 2

Category 2

__Sub 1

____Sub-Sub 1

____Sub-Sub 2

__Sub 2

Category 3

__Sub 1

Any suggestions?

Are the contributions on the STS4 Power Pack page endorsed or verified to work with STS?

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thank you Bill, I did try this and I still get no error message on the page, and the only thing in the URL is checkout_payment.php?error_message=

On the positive side, errors from the payment module are showing up now (YAY!) but for some reason errors for the Discount Coupons Code Module are not showing up yet. What gets me is they aren't even showing in the URL :blink:

Any thoughts on where to look?

Your sts.php files may have gotten messed up or have not been updated to v4.5.8. If the STS installation is correct, then STS will automatically add in the error message in the URL just as a stock osC store.

You could also try this:

**Optional**

Open includes/classes/sts.php and find:

$this->template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $this->template['content'];
}

// v4.5.4, error and info message from URL were never displayed, so add them before content.
 $this->template['content'] = $this->template['error_message'].$this->template['info_message'].$this->template['content'];

Change to:

$this->template['content'] =  $this->template['content'];
  $this->template['error_header'] = $messageStack->output('header');
}else
{
 $this->template['error_header'] ='';
}

// v4.5.4, error and info message from URL were never displayed, so add them before content.
 $this->template['content'] = $this->template['error_message'].$this->template['info_message'].$this->template['content'];

----------------------------------------

In each of your template pages, add the error_header tag:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>
<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html $htmlparams$>
<head>
$error_header$
<!--$headcontent-->

~Tracy

Yes, the folder & file is there and unchanged from the install. I know I shouldn't need the STSv3 compatibility mode, but I tried setting it to true just to see if it would make a difference, and it didn't -LOL

I must have something corrupted somewhere :(

You should not need/use STSv3 compatibility mode.

Have you uploaded your product_info.php.html template into the "content" folder in your template folder?

~Tracy

I need a little help integrating MVS v.1.2.1 with my OSC STS installation. Everything is working fine except for the "Shipping Estimate" portion of MVS and I imagine I need to edit either the MVS files or add something to my STS files to make it work properly.

Right now, during checkout, a customer can click a button that says "Shipping Estimate" which pops up a new window (product_ship_estimator.php). This window (if STS weren't installed) would be just a plain white background with boxes for zipcode etc to get the estimate. (see screenshot)

ship_est_white.jpg

but with STS enabled the window shows the default template for my site but isn't showing most of the STS boxes and NONE of the content that is supposed to be on the page. (see other screenshot)

ship_est_wr.jpg

Is there something I can do so that this particular file does NOT use STS for it's template? Or is there something I can do with STS so that the page looks the same way (plain white background, no header/footer or other content other than what is supposed to be on the page) and actually shows the content that's supposed to be there?

Is there something I can do so that this particular file does NOT use STS for it's template? Or is there something I can do with STS so that the page looks the same way (plain white background, no header/footer or other content other than what is supposed to be on the page) and actually shows the content that's supposed to be there?

Yes, see the following post# 3669 in this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1222434

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

can somebody help me to center my site correctly.

I've placed div's in my template and also this code in my stylesheet.css.

BODY {
 text-align: center;
 color: #000000; /*change to your color of choice*/
/* change background: #ffffff; to the color of your choice*/
 background: #ffffff;
 margin: 0px;

}
 #cwdusacontainer {
 width: 790px;
 border: 2px solid #000000;/*border can be removed for a borderless page*/ 
 color: #000000;
 margin: 10px auto 10px auto;
 text-align: left;
}

the result is this

[link] http://bestelmondkapjes.nl/oscommerceforum.jpg [/link]

the left side is good, but how can I fix the right side?

can somebody help me to center my site correctly.

I've placed div's in my template and also this code in my stylesheet.css.

BODY {
 text-align: center;
 color: #000000; /*change to your color of choice*/
/* change background: #ffffff; to the color of your choice*/
 margin: 0px;

}
 #cwdusacontainer {
 width: 790px;
 border: 2px solid #000000;/*border can be removed for a borderless page*/ 
 color: #000000;
 margin: 10px auto 10px auto;
 text-align: left;
}

the result is this

[link] http://bestelmondkapjes.nl/oscommerceforum.jpg [/link]

the left side is good, but how can I fix the right side?

fixed :)

Hi!

I'm using STS and are very satisfied. Now I've installed the wishlist contribution, but I can't figure out how to make a add to wishlist button placeholder in STS that works! Would be so happy with any help.

:rolleyes:

Hi!

I'm using STS and are very satisfied. Now I've installed the wishlist contribution, but I can't figure out how to make a add to wishlist button placeholder in STS that works! Would be so happy with any help.

This is the best thread to ask questions related to STSv4.x but since you posted in the older STS thread, I answered you there.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1353096

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi!

Either in your sts_column_left.php file or sts_user_code.php file, insert:

//$wishlistbox
$sts->start_capture();
if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') {
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
}
$sts->stop_capture('wishlistbox');

Now use the $wishlistbox tag wherever you wish.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill

I am trying to install the "Prices for Logged-In Users Only" contribution, that can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601

The problem I am having is that I am unsure where STS is pulling the pricing display info from, as I believe I have to modify that too. Do you have any experience with the above contrib, or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

PPD

Hi Bill

I am trying to install the "Prices for Logged-In Users Only" contribution, that can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601

The problem I am having is that I am unsure where STS is pulling the pricing display info from, as I believe I have to modify that too. Do you have any experience with the above contrib, or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

PPD

Install the contribution as per the instructions. Then, view your shop. If everything is OK, then there you go. If the contribution is coded properly, STS will not have any issues with it.

If things do not function properly, turn off the Product Info Content feature in STS. View your site again. If the problems persist, then you need to update the product info file in sts_inc folder with the code from the contribution that you are trying to install. If, by turning off the Product Info Content feature in STS and the problems are still there, then this has nothing to do with STS and the problem lies with the poorly coded contribution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi

I am having two problems with my oscommerce site:

I have STS STSv4.5.8 installed, ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5, and HeaderTags SEO V 3.1.5.

Problem 1: The products_info.php.html isn't working. I think I have everything set up as the instructions say. I have put "product_info.php.html" in all of the folders under full and test. I installed STS on top of a fresh copy of oscommerce, so there shouldn't be any mistakes with the installation.

Anyone have a solution?

Problem 2: Popups isn't working properly. It comes up but with a blank template page -- has the header,etc and the left column tags showing... but no picture.

Thanks!

Edited by alea

Hi

I am having two problems with my oscommerce site:

I have STS STSv4.5.8 installed, ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5, and HeaderTags SEO V 3.1.5.

Problem 1: The products_info.php.html isn't working. I think I have everything set up as the instructions say. I have put "product_info.php.html" in all of the folders under full and test. I installed STS on top of a fresh copy of oscommerce, so there shouldn't be any mistakes with the installation.

Anyone have a solution?

Problem 2: Popups isn't working properly. It comes up but with a blank template page -- has the header,etc and the left column tags showing... but no picture.

Thanks!

Both problems above are from an badly configured STS Module(s) in the admin. Set everything back to the default settings and then test from there.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Well - I'm still having the same problem with this and I'm not sure why. Are the changes needed to be made to the way STS shows the product_info content template when you have Master Products installed?

Yes, the folder & file is there and unchanged from the install. I know I shouldn't need the STSv3 compatibility mode, but I tried setting it to true just to see if it would make a difference, and it didn't -LOL

I must have something corrupted somewhere :(

~Tracy

Well - I'm still having the same problem with this and I'm not sure why. Are the changes needed to be made to the way STS shows the product_info content template when you have Master Products installed?

Tracy,

Did you look at the very first STS add-on in the STSv4 Power Pack site? Depending upon the version of Master Products you are using will depend upon if you need to edit some code from that contribuiton. I know it was coded badly regarding the position of the form tag and that would cause STS some issues.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

No, the admin is and has been set correctly for STS. I have tested it again because you asked.

When the Ultimate SEO is turned on, the product pages and the popup images don't work. (the popup does but it pulls something other than the actual image. Given the problem, this actually makes sense because the URL isn't pulling correctly).

Any idea on how to correct this?

Thanks!

Hi,

No, the admin is and has been set correctly for STS. I have tested it again because you asked.

When the Ultimate SEO is turned on, the product pages and the popup images don't work. (the popup does but it pulls something other than the actual image. Given the problem, this actually makes sense because the URL isn't pulling correctly).

Any idea on how to correct this?

Thanks!

Post your STS Module settings...

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

I found there is a contribution that does what I was wanting to do - problem is I can't quite seem to get it working right in product_info.php I don't have templates turned on for the product_info at the moment as I was trying to use the Product Tabs contribution and I almost have it but for some reason it is all showing up vertical rather than as tabs in a horizontal layout. I can't remember if there is another page I should be editing for product_info.php with STS installed so figured I'd ask if I should edit something else too - LOL

Thanks! (you can see what it's doing here: www dot tcdataweb dot com/MMHTest/herbal-calcium-p-37.html)

PS - it is pulling the stylesheet info correctly I believe

~Tracy

Hi,

Like I said, all of the template file pull great when Ultimate SEO is turned off. When it is on, they don't. Why would the admin settings for the STS be causing problems when the product_info.php pages work when Ultimare SEO is turned off?

The settings....

Default template (v2.1.1)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

store

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Index template (v2.0.0)

Use template for index page

true

Files for index.php template

sts_user_code.php

Check parent templates

true

Product info templates and content templates (v2.1.0)

Use template for product info page

true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode

false

sts_user_code.php

Files for content template

sts_user_code.php;product_info.php

The popup is not turned on.

Thanks!