• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

apologies if this has already been discusses but there seems so many posts to sift thru that i couldnt find the right answer...

Im using the infobox templates on the latest sts and they work great, except for the manufacturer and category boxes which seem to revert to the default oscommerce style after the initial page load

i assume this is related to the cache and im wondering what needs to be done to correct this?

In particular its the boxes header styles that are affected

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Well now I have most of what I need where I want it. I made a product info page and it also worked great, I even put a background in the content area. Then I tried to do another one. All I changed was the text and the div.class name for the background and now I have nothing showing up except the text no CSS no colors, no left or right column links. Can anyone offer any suggestions why?

Pat

I need some direction if anyone can help. My shop was working on another server but we had to transfer it to a VPS server - all went well except that the placeholders for $categorybox, $cartbox, $searchbox & $informationbox are not pulling the information. The $content, $breadcrumbs, $myaccountlogoff, $cartcontents, $checkout are all pulling the correct information though. I have gone thru the entire installation process again, check all files that needed to be modified and checked to see that all new and modified files have been uploaded to server.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to How I fix the placeholders that are not pulling the info?

Much appreciated.

Hi,

I'm a newbie & have installed STS4.5.8. I'm trying to create a new infobox with pictures & a link to a certain product's product_info.php. I can find a few small contributions for adding in new Infoboxes on the left or right columns but can't find where I can do this in the centre, just above my Featured Products box.

I've been stuck on this for 2 days so would really appreciate some help.

Thank

Silver

Follow the instructions that come with STS for adding boxes, and then use the tag you create (such as "$newbox" ) to place that box wherever you would like it to be on your template. You can save the newbox.php file in the catalog/includes/boxes/ folder, just make sure you reference the correct location when creating your tag in the catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file.

Hi,

I'm a newbie & have installed STS4.5.8. I'm trying to create a new infobox with pictures & a link to a certain product's product_info.php. I can find a few small contributions for adding in new Infoboxes on the left or right columns but can't find where I can do this in the centre, just above my Featured Products box.

I've been stuck on this for 2 days so would really appreciate some help.

Thank

Silver

~Tracy

I hvaen't worked with a VPS server, but my guess would be that it isn't necessarily the placeholder - but could be that the version of PHP they are running on the server requires you to update the php scripting in the pages those placeholders are calling. Are you able to access your Admin->Tools->Server Info page to see what version of PHP they are running?

If so - you might be able to do a google search (site:www.oscommerce.com/forums keyword here) to scan the forums for any changes needing to be done for that particular version of PHP.

I need some direction if anyone can help. My shop was working on another server but we had to transfer it to a VPS server - all went well except that the placeholders for $categorybox, $cartbox, $searchbox & $informationbox are not pulling the information. The $content, $breadcrumbs, $myaccountlogoff, $cartcontents, $checkout are all pulling the correct information though. I have gone thru the entire installation process again, check all files that needed to be modified and checked to see that all new and modified files have been uploaded to server.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to How I fix the placeholders that are not pulling the info?

Much appreciated.

~Tracy

Double check that you saved the file to the same location, and that your calling the stylesheet in correctly at the top of the page. Sounds like it might not be looking in the correct location for the stylesheet.

Well now I have most of what I need where I want it. I made a product info page and it also worked great, I even put a background in the content area. Then I tried to do another one. All I changed was the text and the div.class name for the background and now I have nothing showing up except the text no CSS no colors, no left or right column links. Can anyone offer any suggestions why?

Pat

~Tracy

Much appreciated.

Hello Marie,

You are either missing the following file or it did not upload correctly:

“includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php”

You may also be missing some of the STS edits in the following files:

“includes/column_left.php” and “includes/column_right.php”

Note: Your FTP software may not be as reliable as you think. Use a file comparison tool to compare the files on your server with the files from your local backup.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I hvaen't worked with a VPS server, but my guess would be that it isn't necessarily the placeholder - but could be that the version of PHP they are running on the server requires you to update the php scripting in the pages those placeholders are calling. Are you able to access your Admin->Tools->Server Info page to see what version of PHP they are running?

If so - you might be able to do a google search (site:www.oscommerce.com/forums keyword here) to scan the forums for any changes needing to be done for that particular version of PHP.

The version of PHP is 4.4.9 - any ideas

I'm having same problem with $templatedir.

Does anyone know where is the problem or bug?

***BUG FIX***

The $templatedir placeholder would not work in some infoboxes but would in others.

FIX:

You must use end characters in your placeholders. This is a good practice anyway and it also fixes the bug above.

For example:

In your page templates, you must have the following lines before the DocType:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>
<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

Then...

You must use the beginning and ending characters with each of your placeholders:

<html $htmlparams$>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir$/stylesheet.css">

</head>

This includes your body content placeholders as well:

$categorybox$ 
$catmenu$ 
$searchbox$ 
$manufacturerbox$ 
$informationbox$ 
$reviewsbox$

See Chapter 5.2.1 in the STS User Manual for more details on the Stop Character and Placeholders.

I will include this in the next STS release.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

***BUG FIX***

The $templatedir placeholder would not work in some infoboxes but would in others.

FIX:

You must use end characters in your placeholders. This is a good practice anyway and it also fixes the bug above.

For example:

In your page templates, you must have the following lines before the DocType:

Then...

You must use the beginning and ending characters with each of your placeholders:

<html $htmlparams$>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir$/stylesheet.css">

</head>

This includes your body content placeholders as well:

$categorybox$ 
$catmenu$ 
$searchbox$ 
$manufacturerbox$ 
$informationbox$ 
$reviewsbox$

See Chapter 5.2.1 in the STS User Manual for more details on the Stop Character and Placeholders.

I will include this in the next STS release.

I just tried this solution and it didn't work - the $content, $breadcrumbs, $myaccountlogoff, $cartcontents, $checkout, $footer_text are all pulling BUT the $categorybox, $searchbox, $cartbox & $informationbox ARE NOT.

Why would some be working and others not be working? Any other ideas?

I just tried this solution and it didn't work - the $content, $breadcrumbs, $myaccountlogoff, $cartcontents, $checkout, $footer_text are all pulling BUT the $categorybox, $searchbox, $cartbox & $informationbox ARE NOT.

You didn't TRY IT the way I mentioned.

You HAVE TO add the stop character to those tags as well.

All of your tags with begin with $ and then end with $.

$content$, $breadcrumbs$, etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You didn't TRY IT the way I mentioned.

You HAVE TO add the stop character to those tags as well.

All of your tags with begin with $ and then end with $.

$content$, $breadcrumbs$, etc.

I did begin them with $ and end with $ i.e. $categorybox$ etc. I just wrote them in my post with out them. Still didn't work. Would really appreciate your advice.

I did begin them with $ and end with $ i.e. $categorybox$ etc. I just wrote them in my post with out them. Still didn't work. Would really appreciate your advice.

This would only work with STSv4.5.8.

AND

the following:

1. You have to add the code in the first two lines of your page template (sts_template.html, index.php.html, etc.) as mentioned in my earlier post.
  2. You have to use the end character in each of your tags ($templatedir$, $content$, $categorybox$).

After doing that, the $templatedir$ tag will work in all of the infoboxes, not just a few of them.

I'm also making the assumption that you are using Infobox Templates and you have enabled this feature in the STS Default Module in the Admin.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am in the process of designing a strickly CSS design, my question is, am I looking for trouble with some of the required coding for the templates. i can develope containers to hold the to placeholders in if needed. But there are so many different pages are some of them going to require tables. I already have the main layout done Now I just have to organize my placeholders that I want where I want them along with any images or buttons I am going to need. I know this is a stupid question but i am wondering if i am doing all this just to find out it wont work.

Pat

I just looked back a few posts and seen that your issue does not have anything to do with the bug fix that I posted for the $templatedir tag. My fix applies to a working STS shop that has been installed correctly and is stable. It also only applies to those wanting to use the templatedir tag in any infobox template. The use of this tag is crucial when creating STS Templates that are independent of the osC files, making them truly interchangeable. Having this option available, it allows STS users to upload custom STS Templates to share with other STS users or even sell them on thier own.

Your issue has to do with what I posted earlier regarding a corrupted FTP transfer or some files missing.

One tip you may not have already tried since it seems so obvious is to disable each of the STS modules, log out of the admin, log back into your admin and then enabale the STS modules once again. This little step resets the database cache and solves tricky little problems such as what you are experiencing.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am in the process of designing a strickly CSS design, my question is, am I looking for trouble with some of the required coding for the templates. i can develope containers to hold the to placeholders in if needed. But there are so many different pages are some of them going to require tables. I already have the main layout done Now I just have to organize my placeholders that I want where I want them along with any images or buttons I am going to need. I know this is a stupid question but i am wondering if i am doing all this just to find out it wont work.

Pat

Pat,

STS will not give you any trouble with a strict CSS design but osCommerce will as it is mired with tables all over the place. My advice is to go with what you are doing and then when a table shows its ugly face, you will then have to dive into the core code to modifiy the table.

I use a mixture of both CSS and tables.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

category list, I am redoing my shopping cart and trying to use the $categorybox placeholder, when I use this only one category shows up even though i have 6 listed. I just have this on my xammp test server that is on my pc, so It would be hard to upload it till it is ready, I dont want to disrupt my present shopping cart with one that is not functional yet. I have looked in the column_left.php file and find nothing that can be modified to give me a drop down menu for the category list. My manufaturer list shows up fine as a drop down list. I am not using the categorycssmenu in this design. Can anyone tell me where to look to fix this problem.

Pat

Never mind I figured out the main part. I did not save each of the categories I added. LOL But I would still like to see them in a drop down menu how can i do that?

Sorry for my bad eng :blush:

I`m using sts v4(great contri), I also have installed Product-tabs. This works perfect to me. The problems comes when I use the designed product_info.php.html page. Product tabs don`t showing in this page.

What can I do?

How do I style the login form? I know you're supposed to make a login.php.html and put $contents in it, but then how would I go about styling it? I don't see any variables for the login form.

I Have installed an add-on called Quotes, it does not seem to be working correct. Jack from the Quotes thread told me to ask in here about the info box. I need to ask though I did lots of additions to the product_info.php page. Should I have done these changes somewhere in the STS add-on instead?

Pat