• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

It should work unless you have some htaccess file that is not compatible with PHP4.

In the STS Default Module, what do you have listed under "Files to Include"?

In catalog\includes\modules\sts\sts_default.php

starting on line 52:

function capture_fields () {
 // Returns list of files to include from folder sts_inc in order to build the $template fields
return 'general.php;'.MODULE_STS_DEFAULT_NORMAL;
 }

ME

DataGnostics.com

In catalog\includes\modules\sts\sts_default.php

starting on line 52:

function capture_fields () {
 // Returns list of files to include from folder sts_inc in order to build the $template fields
return 'general.php;'.MODULE_STS_DEFAULT_NORMAL;
 }

ME

DataGnostics.com

Um...not sure where you were going with that. I need to know what you have configured in the STS Default Module in the admin.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Um...not sure where you were going with that. I need to know what you have configured in the STS Default Module in the admin.

On the right sidebar:

Default template (v2.1.1)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

false

-------

is that what you mean?

On the right sidebar:

Default template (v2.1.1)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

false

-------

is that what you mean?

OK. That is fine. Did you remove any htaccess files from the root directory to see if this was an issue? It also may be a register global issue with the new server.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

OK. That is fine. Did you remove any htaccess files from the root directory to see if this was an issue? It also may be a register global issue with the new server.

Here's what's in the htaccess file (which I didn't put there or edit):

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://DOMAIN.com/.*$	  [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://DOMAIN.com$	  [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.DOMAIN.com/.*$	  [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.DOMAIN.com$	  [NC]
RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

-- where DOMAIN, of course, is the client's domain. I don't know if it makes a difference, but it *is* set up so that where on the test site I had testdomain.com/catalog/index.php, on the live site it displays as domain.com/index.php. But that change is strictly made in configure.php, right?

But look what I just found in includes/:

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
# The following blocks direct HTTP requests in this directory recursively
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Limit' to the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
#<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#  AllowOverride Limit
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file)
#
# This does not affect PHP include/require functions
#
# Example: http://server/catalog/includes/application_top.php will not work

<Files *.php>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

Could this be the issue?

Hello I have two problems at the moment. I seperate them with line ..

________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the cart http://www.onlinewebsitedesign.net/portfol..._cart/index.php look to the right column. The gaps between the tables are caused by tables which are invisible. It's something to do with functions/sts.php, the browser code has ..

<!-- start orderhistorybox //-->

<!-- end orderhistorybox //-->

Nothing in between which is what causes the padding. sts.php talks about stripping unused tables but it's obviously not doing it correctly if certain styles are used.

________________________________________________________________________________

Also the horizontal and vertical dropdown dynamic menu mod isn't working. The tree menu work but not the dynamic menu, works fine with default. I set sts_column_left.php to ..

// Get categories box from db or cache

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

}

$sts->restart_capture ('categorybox', 'box');

Tree version works fine but others don't work. Mod is here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4228.

Thanks for the mod, I really like it. Have customized systems in the past and always had to go digging for stuff to create a template, don't have to with this saves loads of time.

Edited by Jack_09

Hello I have two problems at the moment. I seperate them with line ..

Here is the cart http://www.onlinewebsitedesign.net/portfol..._cart/index.php look to the right column. The gaps between the tables are caused by tables which are invisible. It's something to do with functions/sts.php, the browser code has ..

Nothing in between which is what causes the padding. sts.php talks about stripping unused tables but it's obviously not doing it correctly if certain styles are used.

Sorry, but it has to do with your template or your CSS.

Also the horizontal and vertical dropdown dynamic menu mod isn't working. The tree menu work but not the dynamic menu, works fine with default. I set sts_column_left.php to ..

// Get categories box from db or cache

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

}

$sts->restart_capture ('categorybox', 'box');

Tree version works fine but others don't work. Mod is here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4228.

Thanks for the mod, I really like it. Have customized systems in the past and always had to go digging for stuff to create a template, don't have to with this saves loads of time.

Look in the STS Power Pack site as I have provided instructions on how to install the menu in question.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

But look what I just found in includes/:

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
# The following blocks direct HTTP requests in this directory recursively
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Limit' to the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
#<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#  AllowOverride Limit
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file)
#
# This does not affect PHP include/require functions
#
# Example: http://server/catalog/includes/application_top.php will not work

<Files *.php>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

Could this be the issue?

Easy way to find out is to remove the file temporarily.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Easy way to find out is to remove the file temporarily.

And it makes no difference. I can't find any other .htaccess files lurking in the crevices, either.

What is going on? How can I test where the missing step is?

yrs groggily,

DataGnostics.com

And it makes no difference. I can't find any other .htaccess files lurking in the crevices, either.

What is going on? How can I test where the missing step is?

yrs groggily,

DataGnostics.com

Do this....

Assuming all of the files uploaded correctly from your old site, Go to the admin | Modules | STS and then uninstall each of the STS Modules. Exit out of the admin. Then, log back into the admin and reinstall each of the STS Modules.

Some servers have been known to screw up the cache settings of the database and the above actions will free it back up.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Do this....

Assuming all of the files uploaded correctly from your old site, Go to the admin | Modules | STS and then uninstall each of the STS Modules. Exit out of the admin. Then, log back into the admin and reinstall each of the STS Modules.

Some servers have been known to screw up the cache settings of the database and the above actions will free it back up.

Well I did that, and it didn't work. Right now I'm working on uninstalling everything to do with STS, while dealing with a backup file that turns out to be corrupt.

wailing, gnashing, etc.

ME

DataGnostics.com

Well I did that, and it didn't work. Right now I'm working on uninstalling everything to do with STS, while dealing with a backup file that turns out to be corrupt.

wailing, gnashing, etc.

ME

DataGnostics.com

Well, you have some issues that are not related to STS. Either you did not have a full upload because your FTP client software failed you or you have some server issues. STS will run on PHP4 and PHP5 so that is not an issue.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am not sure if this is related to STS or not. I have read the how to questions, but the answer I find does not seem to mach the file. I am trying to change the header and footer images to my own store logo. The answer I get is change the oscomerce.gif to the name of my store logo i have uploaded. I can not find oscomerce.gif name anywhere in the header file. Would STS change this. All I can find is this ...... tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) When I change that file name it does not effect my shopping cart.

Pat

I am not sure if this is related to STS or not. I have read the how to questions, but the answer I find does not seem to mach the file. I am trying to change the header and footer images to my own store logo. The answer I get is change the oscomerce.gif to the name of my store logo i have uploaded. I can not find oscomerce.gif name anywhere in the header file. Would STS change this. All I can find is this ...... tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) When I change that file name it does not effect my shopping cart.

Pat

STS is a very powerful contribution if you learn how to use it. The STS User Manual describes how to change the default store images using STS (Section 3.12-3.13)

yourdomain.com/includes/sts_templates/*your_template_folder_name/images/store_logo.png

Exchange the above image to whatever you need but keep the name the same.

Since we are using HTML templates, we can actually put ANY image in our templates in ANY location (such as the header) and there you go.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks Bill i guess I should reread and then reread again the manual just so it sinks it. Must be old age on my part. But hey I'm still trying to learn.

Pat

Thanks Bill i guess I should reread and then reread again the manual just so it sinks it. Must be old age on my part. But hey I'm still trying to learn.

Pat

Good for you Pat! ;)

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This is strange, I checked and rechecked in my modernrc2a/images folder for the store_logo.png but did not see it anywhere. As a matter of fact the only place I could find that image is in catalog/images I tried to rename the image to store_logo.png but it still did not change the image I see when opening my store page. Oh well i will keep reading to find it. Unless I really messed up my install

Pat

This is strange, I checked and rechecked in my modernrc2a/images folder for the store_logo.png but did not see it anywhere. As a matter of fact the only place I could find that image is in catalog/images I tried to rename the image to store_logo.png but it still did not change the image I see when opening my store page. Oh well i will keep reading to find it. Unless I really messed up my install

Pat

Pat, Pat, Pat....Did you read the STS User Manual Section 3.12 yet? :blush:

It states that STS will use the default images (the images in your catalog/images folder) if YOU do not replace it with an image of the same name in the *your_template_folder/images folder. STS thinks that you want to use the images in your catalog/images folder if you do not upload any images into your template images folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks Bill but just to be safe i uploaded my store logo to both places and named them both store_logo.png but still no luck. Now it may be that my server is giving me a hard time and delaying the change or I may need to restart my computer to clean the memory and see if the chages are there.

Pat

Well I restarted the computer and still no luck. I did read the manual and was aware that if the image was not found in the template folder it would look into the catalog/index folder. But no matter what I try i cant seem to get the oscomerce logo off the page

Well I restarted the computer and still no luck. I did read the manual and was aware that if the image was not found in the template folder it would look into the catalog/index folder. But no matter what I try i cant seem to get the oscomerce logo off the page

Pat,

The modern template for STS uses the following tag to bring in the logo: $cataloglogo

Did you try removing the tag? This would be the most obvious first step to take as I mentioned you can easily add any image directly to your template page just as you would any HTML page.

Otherwise, you could edit the tag to your liking. All STS tags are created in the includes/modules/sts_inc/ files.

The $cataloglogo tag is created in this file: includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

This is the code in that file:

$sts->template['cataloglogo'] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(STS_TEMPLATE_DIR.'images/'.$language . '/header_logo.gif', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; // Modified in v4.3

So, as you can see in the code, the actual image being used is header_logo.gif.

1. You could either upload an image using the same file name.
  2. You could simply remove the tag and then add your image directly to the template
  3. You could edit the tag to display the image that you want to use.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Finnaly I got it to work. The image I needed upload had to go into /templatefolder/images/english I had looked and looked and did not no there was images inside the sub-directory. Anyway thanks so Much bill for your help and patience with me.

Pat