• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I just up loaded your template as it was,

i will try with clean install of ocs and then sts

thank you for your help

Are you using a reliable FTP client software to upload your files to your server? Appears to be missing the sts.php file or maybe you are uploading to the wrong directory.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Janet,

Nothing to do with STS but everything to do with your database. You will need to merge in the data from your old database into the new one using phpMyAdmin or something similar.

Yes, I tried porting over the data, but it's not showing up... I think because my product categories do not match up with the old database. Bummer!

Yes, I tried porting over the data, but it's not showing up... I think because my product categories do not match up with the old database. Bummer!

It would show up if you merged in each of the various tables involved. Take a look at the PDF of the table layout (included in the osCommerce download) to see how each table is related. Then, merge in all of the product and category related tables.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Oh lordy I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have oscommerce-2.2rc2a installed and seemingly working properly.

I have STS4 and RC2 files ftp'd to the server.

I was able to go to modules and install STS. Set it to true and all the template folders seem to be fine and in the right places.

But when I alter sts_template.html in dreamweaver and copy it over to the server, my storefont doesn't reflect the changes.

did i forget to modify some setting somewhere? any ideas?

Edited by Aprilrobin

Oh lordy I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have oscommerce-2.2rc2a installed and seemingly working properly.

I have STS4 and RC2 files ftp'd to the server.

I was able to go to modules and install STS. Set it to true and all the template folders seem to be fine and in the right places.

But when I alter sts_template.html in dreamweaver and copy it over to the server, my storefont doesn't reflect the changes.

did i forget to modify some setting somewhere? any ideas?

Be sure you are working with the template folder that you have setup in the STS Default Module in the admin. For example, STS comes with two sample template folders; test and full. I suggest copying the "full" folder and renaming the copy to my_template_set or something unique as your custom template folder. Then, modify the templates in your my_template_set in Dreamweaver and be sure to upload them into your catalog/includes/sts_templates/my_template_set/ folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Be sure you are working with the template folder that you have setup in the STS Default Module in the admin. For example, STS comes with two sample template folders; test and full. I suggest copying the "full" folder and renaming the copy to my_template_set or something unique as your custom template folder. Then, modify the templates in your my_template_set in Dreamweaver and be sure to upload them into your catalog/includes/sts_templates/my_template_set/ folder.

Thanks a bunch Bill. I've got all that covered. I think something may have gone awry while my network admin was helping me adjust an error today. I suppose it could be anywhere. *sigh*

Thanks for for taking the time!

Good news. I just backed everything up and copied all the necessary sts files over what was there.

Somehow fixed the problem. Some file just either didn't get copied or copied to the wrong place.

THIS problem solved. thanks again.

Can I add a template for each category in my catalog?

I already added new pages using the $newpage add-on and it went swimmingly (thank you for that, Bill).

However, I want a new template for each category page in my catalog.

My catalog is relatively small - 5 categories with no sub categories and just a handful of products each.

Really, I just want the ability to change a main image and a few lines of text for each category page.

I guess I want to be able to give each category a $pagename and not use $categorybox at all - if possible.

Any instructions or direction would be much appreciated. I looked, but maybe i'm using the wrong terms to seach.

Thank you,

April

i have a error on my product info page

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\brunomedia\includes\modules\sts\sts_product_info.php on line 137

if anyone can help i apreciate..

i use the last version and on my admin the product info mod is enabled..

many tnx

Can I add a template for each category in my catalog?

I already added new pages using the $newpage add-on and it went swimmingly (thank you for that, Bill).

However, I want a new template for each category page in my catalog.

My catalog is relatively small - 5 categories with no sub categories and just a handful of products each.

Really, I just want the ability to change a main image and a few lines of text for each category page.

I guess I want to be able to give each category a $pagename and not use $categorybox at all - if possible.

Any instructions or direction would be much appreciated. I looked, but maybe i'm using the wrong terms to seach.

Thank you,

April

April, yes, yes, yes! This is one of the best features of STS.

See post 3755 or look in the docs folder for a detailed explaination of the STS template structure.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1226986

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

See post 3755 or look in the docs folder for a detailed explaination of the STS template structure.

Bill, you are the best. Thank you! I'll integrate this later tonight!

i have a error on my product info page

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\brunomedia\includes\modules\sts\sts_product_info.php on line 137

if anyone can help i apreciate..

i use the last version and on my admin the product info mod is enabled..

many tnx

Change your settings in the STS Modules in the admin to the default settings.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tnx for reply

on my admin sts option if i edit the product info mod and set to false the product info work but is the default..

i want to create my custom product info page..

you say to set all to default i think that i have it on default..

i have other option to test?

many tnx

I have just installed STS template 4.5.2 with HTC 2.6 bundle

I used this version as it is the one I used in a different shop that I have.

All works except I am unable to set any of the settings in the admin panel, I can go into the database and change the settings there but not through the admin panel.

I can change other settings for the shop and can update HTC etc it is just STS settings....

I have done a search for this problem as I am sure it has happened before but I could not find it.

Can anyone help ?

I have just installed STS template 4.5.2 with HTC 2.6 bundle

I used this version as it is the one I used in a different shop that I have.

All works except I am unable to set any of the settings in the admin panel, I can go into the database and change the settings there but not through the admin panel.

I can change other settings for the shop and can update HTC etc it is just STS settings....

I have done a search for this problem as I am sure it has happened before but I could not find it.

Can anyone help ?

AHA solved it, for anyone else having trouble with else and equally unable to find the info....

It is under http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1524 and then look at 22 Oct 2006, you will find a patch specifically for this problem.

Afternoon Bill. I thought I had it, but I didn't!

I totally understand the category template naming - not a problem.

However, I am confused on the $urlcat_1 and /or $cat_1.

I un-commented out the section pertaining to this in sts_user_code.php and reuploaded.

BUT, if I use either placeholder in my main template and upload it, it displays the entire URL for the category page.

I guess I need to define these in filenames.php? If so, how would I name the categories pages there? It doesn't seem to me like it would follow the protocal of a placeholder for a page such as "shipping.php"

If I just make a regulat text link and link to the long url for the category like such

http://www.domain.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

will that break the session?

OK, i just answered my own question for that last bit, I need to use relative URLs. So I guess I don't really need to bother with placeholder if I don't want to?

Edited by Aprilrobin

Hi all,

I'm beating my head against the wall with a weird problem. I have OSC rc2 installed and working, but every time I enable an STS template the site slows to a crawl. As soon as I disable the STS template (by hitting the "remove" button) the site goes back to its lightning fast self.

There is no other problem other than the speed; the template shows up correctly, etc. But it's SO slow it's unusable. Can anyone point me to a possible solution?

I should add the following info: The correct version of OSC is 2.2 RC2 - the latest one. I downloaded the latest version of STS (4.5.8). The other contributions which are installed are as follows: Optimize Categories Box (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5173), and On-The-Fly Auto Thumbnailer 2.4 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2226). That's it.

I've modified nothing else other than those two mods above. I plan to install SPPC but I need to figure out this template issue first.

Hi...

i have installed last version of STS... but my product listings of my subcategories are not showing...

There is any placeholder to put on template(e.g.: shop/35-mp4-player-c-21_23_24.html)??

I dont see nothing on STS Manual..

on my catalog/index.php i change the line 325 to

<tr>

<td><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

</tr>

Thank you

Rafael

Edited by Celebrimbor

OScommerce Rocks!

AHA solved it, for anyone else having trouble with else and equally unable to find the info....

It is under http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1524 and then look at 22 Oct 2006, you will find a patch specifically for this problem.

Gary, this is not a matter of STS having a bug but rather that you are using an outdated version of osCommerce which had the module reset bug. The newer versions of osCommerce fixed this bug.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tnx for reply

on my admin sts option if i edit the product info mod and set to false the product info work but is the default..

i want to create my custom product info page..

you say to set all to default i think that i have it on default..

i have other option to test?

many tnx

You will of course need to enable the product info module but you should keep the default settings.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi...

i have installed last version of STS... but my product listings of my subcategories are not showing...

There is any placeholder to put on template(e.g.: shop/35-mp4-player-c-21_23_24.html)??

I dont see nothing on STS Manual..

on my catalog/index.php i change the line 325 to

<tr>

<td><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

</tr>

Thank you

Rafael

STS does not have a problem with this so you must have something else messed up in your shops code or configuration.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I should add the following info: The correct version of OSC is 2.2 RC2 - the latest one. I downloaded the latest version of STS (4.5.8). The other contributions which are installed are as follows: Optimize Categories Box (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5173), and On-The-Fly Auto Thumbnailer 2.4 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2226). That's it.

I've modified nothing else other than those two mods above. I plan to install SPPC but I need to figure out this template issue first.

It appears your templates must contain some large image files that would slow things down. Also, did you look in the STS User Manual regarding how to speed up the STS tags by adding an end character?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

I've been banging my head against a wall all night. I can't figure out why my nav menu works fine in firefox, but when used in IE it doesn't work (It works fine in html pages that aren't related to the shop)

I just copy and pasted my html and css into the sts_template html file, along with some other changes.

The catalog with the problem can be seen here: Non working in IE - catalog

The nav bar working correctly in IE with non catalog pages can be see here: Working nav bar in IE & Firefox (none shop page)

BTW, non of the links etc will work as the site is still under construction.

Is it some sort of conflict between the css, html and php? I have the latest OsC installed, STS 4.5.8 and Modern Template RC2a for STSv458 (which is where I have modified the theme).

Any help would be great. I searched the forums but can't seem to find anything similar...