• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Thanks for the reply this problem has me in a real pickle..

I have tried the osc with STS disabled and the problem still exsists,

Iv tried searching all forums and I am now at the point ofno return and just dont know were to turn next to try and reslove this error,

Any help mucho appreciated

Ant

Anthony,

Since HTC SEO is not working at all, then post a support question in the HTC SEO support thread and let Jack have a crack at it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Ive changed it as instructed, to:

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

for default module.

For Default:

For Index:

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

For Default:

For Index:

ah ok here it comes >>>

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

tdj

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

For Default:

For Index:

when I add ';headertags.php' to the index module I get an error:

Warning: include(includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php ) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*******/domains/tdjdata.se/public_html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

..I know the file is there though..

Edited by woopsa

Anthony,

Since HTC SEO is not working at all, then post a support question in the HTC SEO support thread and let Jack have a crack at it.

sorry for sounding like a numpty here but the HTC SEO comment has me even more confused?

Isnt SEO search engine optimization?

I just need to get to the root of my products not been displayed,

Thanks again for the help

Ant

sorry for sounding like a numpty here but the HTC SEO comment has me even more confused?

Isnt SEO search engine optimization?

I just need to get to the root of my products not been displayed,

Thanks again for the help

Ant

Sorry Anthony, that post wasn't for you. The HTC SEO reference was for 'woopsa'.

Regarding your issue though...if your products are not working even with STS off, then your issue is beyond STS (not related). It appears you have either a database issue, a bad configure.php file in admin/includes and in includes/ or even some bad code somewhere in your shop.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey Chris,

By the way...good to see some locals on the forum. :rolleyes:

Regarding your issue,

Since STS worked fine until your host upgraded (most likely to PHP 5 and/or MySQL 5), I would have to say that this IS NOT an STS related issue but more likely to be incompatible code from one or more of your installed contributions. RC2a and STS are PHP5 and MySQL5 compatible but a lot of other contributions are not. Your new host is probably using PHP5 and MySQL5 as well so that is why you are having the same issues.

Search the forum for PHP5 and MySQL5 and you might get a solution to your problem.

Hope this helped,

Yeah, no it didn't.. It is possible, but since I get the same thing with the clean install and only STS, I'm thinking that its got to be one of those two things. BTW php 5.16 if that makes any difference

Yeah, no it didn't.. It is possible, but since I get the same thing with the clean install and only STS, I'm thinking that its got to be one of those two things. BTW php 5.16 if that makes any difference

Chris, you say everything works on a clean install of osC RC2a? Then, when you install STS everything is OK? Then, the shop breaks when you try to upload your customized sts_user_code.php file? If so, then post your sts_user_code.php file here and we could take a look at what may be causing the problem.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill,

I posted earlier, but I guess my post now is too deep...

Probably you can give me some light what's going on or at least give some directions what to look at...

I have small problem now and don't know how to solve it.

When user clicks Submit button on a testimonial writing page he got next error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function size() on a non-object in /home/media777/domains/MYDOMAINHERE.com/public_html/includes/classes/sts.php on line 186

I checked that line and line looks like this:

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

$template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];

I am not sure what is related to, I don't know PHP enough to solve it, for me it looks like 'header' is not defined or something.

The interesting thing is that testimonial user was writing inserted into database OK.

I don't know where to look the answer. Probably you can give me some light.

Also, if I shutdown STS everything's fine (at least with testimonial contribution).

Thanks for any help.

Michael

Computers777dotcom

Michael,

That contribution has some coding issues that break STS.

Here is a work around:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1204504

and then,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1205209

Let me know if that helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Anthony,

HTC SEO does work when I turn STS templates off, so im guessing its an STS issue.. But I have asked Jack about this..

and he told me to ask here.

Whats that include warning message about? I know the file is there, its the correct path in the warning message.

Very strange.

Edited by woopsa

Bill, thank you so much!

I am amased how you remember all such postings...

I made changes described in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1204504

(some modifications were needed cause my testimonials version was a bit newer I believe) and it started working fine!

I didn't do http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1205209 because I didn't understand a thing and I didn't noticed anything wrong in database or anything else.

Again, thank you very much!

Edited by AlwaysNewbie

Computers777dotcom

Chris, you say everything works on a clean install of osC RC2a? Then, when you install STS everything is OK? Then, the shop breaks when you try to upload your customized sts_user_code.php file? If so, then post your sts_user_code.php file here and we could take a look at what may be causing the problem.

*/ // END COMPATIBILITY WITH STS 2 AND 3: $cat_ and $urlcat_
$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
$sts->stop_capture('dm_categories');
$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'ssl_seal.php');
$sts->stop_capture('ssl_seal');
$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'searchtagcloud.php');
$sts->stop_capture('searchtagcloud');
$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php');
$sts->stop_capture('links');
$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');
$sts->stop_capture('header_tags');
$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'phponline.php');
$sts->stop_capture('phponline');
?>

The rest of it is standard

*/ // END COMPATIBILITY WITH STS 2 AND 3: $cat_ and $urlcat_
$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('dm_categories');
$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('ssl_seal');
$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('searchtagcloud');
$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('links');
$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('header_tags');
$sts->start_capture();
$sts->stop_capture('phponline');
?>

The rest of it is standard

Chris,

Any of those required pages could be causing the problem. Since the standard sts_user_code.php file works, then STS "out of the box" is not the problem.

Try inserting each required file one at a time until the shop breaks again and then you will know which one is causing the problem.

Also, you do not need to start and stop the capture routine:

$sts->start_capture();
$sts->restart_capture('dm_categories');
$sts->restart_capture('ssl_seal');
$sts->restart_capture('searchtagcloud');
$sts->restart_capture('links');
$sts->restart_capture('header_tags');
$sts->restart_capture('phponline');
?>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

HTC SEO does work when I turn STS templates off, so im guessing its an STS issue.. But I have asked Jack about this..

and he told me to ask here.

Whats that include warning message about? I know the file is there, its the correct path in the warning message.

Very strange.

I'm sorry but your server is telling you that the headertags.php file IS NOT THERE. This is most likely an issue with your FTP client software not uploading the files correctly or completely.

You will need to upload the file again.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in customizing the look and feel of the appearance of the product list when clicking on a specific category. Obviously, index.php is being called anew with the cPath=xy parameter and product_listing.php is included.

Is there a way to create and enable a template for product_listing.php, e.g. product_listing.php.html?

Enabling the sts product module and putting a template called product_listing.php.html into the includes/sts_templates/content folder does not have any efffect. What do I additionally have to change?

pls. help me. Thanks.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in customizing the look and feel of the appearance of the product list when clicking on a specific category. Obviously, index.php is being called anew with the cPath=xy parameter and product_listing.php is included.

Is there a way to create and enable a template for product_listing.php, e.g. product_listing.php.html?

Enabling the sts product module and putting a template called product_listing.php.html into the includes/sts_templates/content folder does not have any efffect. What do I additionally have to change?

pls. help me. Thanks.

There is no need to enable the STS Product Info Module just to make a template for the product_listing.php box file. You need to make an infobox template and enable Infobox Templates in the STS Default Module.

The file should then be placed in your template boxes folder: includes/sts_templates/*your template name folder*/boxes . This file should be named infobox_product_listing.php.html.

If you want to change how osCommerce actually lists the products in the product_listing.php file, you would need to edit the actual product_listing.php file or install another contribution such as Product Listing in Columns: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...g+Column+Format

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Chris,

Any of those required pages could be causing the problem. Since the standard sts_user_code.php file works, then STS "out of the box" is not the problem.

Try inserting each required file one at a time until the shop breaks again and then you will know which one is causing the problem.

Also, you do not need to start and stop the capture routine:

$sts->start_capture();
$sts->restart_capture('dm_categories');
$sts->restart_capture('ssl_seal');
$sts->restart_capture('searchtagcloud');
$sts->restart_capture('links');
$sts->restart_capture('header_tags');
$sts->restart_capture('phponline');
?>

I will give it a try like that. After the fourth day of plugging in and testing cde changes it came down to a misplaced ?> at the end of the includes/footer.php after my google analytics code, not before it. Old PHP must have let the error slide but the new did not and stopped it.

Thanx for the help.

Hi, I did a clean install of the osc, it's the version french, named "osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR". After this, i copied the contents of folder "STS" and "Files for RC1". And then, the module STS was installed perfectly. BUT, my shoping cart and Account Information didn't work at all. So I was always a visitor with an empty shopping cart!!!

Help!

Hi, I did a clean install of the osc, it's the version french, named "osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR". After this, i copied the contents of folder "STS" and "Files for RC1". And then, the module STS was installed perfectly. BUT, my shoping cart and Account Information didn't work at all. So I was always a visitor with an empty shopping cart!!!

Help!

I need more information in order to help you out. What do you mean by your shopping cart and account information didn't work at all?

Did you try STS using the default template in the "full" folder? When you installed the RC1 files, did you copy them over the existing files or did you do a merge?

I'm not familar with the French version of osCommerce. I would assume it would be exactly the same as the original osCommerce RC1 but with the French language added.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I need more information in order to help you out. What do you mean by your shopping cart and account information didn't work at all?

Did you try STS using the default template in the "full" folder? When you installed the RC1 files, did you copy them over the existing files or did you do a merge?

I'm not familar with the French version of osCommerce. I would assume it would be exactly the same as the original osCommerce RC1 but with the French language added.

Hi bill,

Thanks for your help. I just know that the process of the installation was different with the version English. There was just 4 steps.

After the installation, I just copied the folder STS and RC1 files OVER the existing files. And then, when I "Create an Account", I can see the new account in admin mode, but whatever, in the main page:"Welcome visitor!!". And when I add something in the shopping cart, there wasn't any change of the infobox of shopping cart at all. Nothing happend.....

I'm not yet use the templates. So it's not the pb of the folder. I could even work with my own folder.

Hey senior STS users,

I am having problems with the installation of this very promising contribution. After i drop the "Files of RC2" Version STSv4.5.8 into a fresh setup files of OSC2.2rc2a, i see a white page at my localhost, and 404 error at admin/login.php.

I tested the OSC before installing STS, and it worked fine.

I also tried to do step "2.3 Copy new files" from the manual without any luck.

Please show me the way =)

Hey senior STS users,

I am having problems with the installation of this very promising contribution. After i drop the "Files of RC2" Version STSv4.5.8 into a fresh setup files of OSC2.2rc2a, i see a white page at my localhost, and 404 error at admin/login.php.

I tested the OSC before installing STS, and it worked fine.

I also tried to do step "2.3 Copy new files" from the manual without any luck.

Please show me the way =)

Dan,

STS is one of the easier contributions to install. Try using a File Comparison tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare your files with the files in the contribution. This will show you where you went wrong in your installation.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I couldn't use the recommended software because I am a OSX user, but I did manage to have some progress. Everything looks okey except, should the http://localhost/includes/sts_templates/te...s_template.html after I enable "Defulte" and "Index" STS modules look like a normal store with all the components? Or will it still look like:

"

$breadcrumbs $myaccountlogoff | $cartcontents | $checkout

$catmenu

$categorybox

$manufacturerbox

$whatsnewbox

$specialbox

$searchbox

$informationbox

"

Edited by dollarstore

Hi Great contribution. Just trying to create a custom template now.

Just a few quickies if anyone can help. I am using the simple 'test' template. Which file do you modify to change the way stuff is displayed in the content window? I'm wanting to reduce the size of the category layout so that it will fit in my new template.

Cheers!

Rich