• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Thanks Bill Kellum for referring me to this thread! Is there a way to restrict the forum search to a particular thread?

I used your advice on the "Categories Box as a Nested UnOrdered List" contribution and it really hit the nail on the head as far as the problem I'm trying to solve. I'll just have to proceed forward and worry about other infoboxes as I come to them.

Thanks again!

Thanks Bill Kellum for referring me to this thread! Is there a way to restrict the forum search to a particular thread?

I used your advice on the "Categories Box as a Nested UnOrdered List" contribution and it really hit the nail on the head as far as the problem I'm trying to solve. I'll just have to proceed forward and worry about other infoboxes as I come to them.

Thanks again!

Hello Jeff,

Yes, use Google with the following search string to search the STSv4 Support Thread (this thread):

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4 SEARCH TEXT HERE

Replace the SEARCH TEXT HERE with whatever you are searching for in this thread.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello fellas,

I'm totally new to OS Commerce and I know nothing about programming in php. I've set up a website for my sisters business and want to make some basic edits to her store. I've installed STS and all appears to be well.

Ive found a sts_template.html file but it's not where the directions said. I was in the /includes/sts_templates/full directory. Questions:

1. Is this the right file to edit?

2. When I save it and push it back to the site (backup old copy of course) do I need to do anything else for the site to render with the new changes in place?

I've tried modifying the file where it is (/includes/sts_templates/full) and I've tried copying the modified file to the /includes directory, but when I refresh the site I dont see any changes.

I've adding the modified sts_template.html file to the following directories with no joy:

/includes/sts_templates/full

/includes/sts_templates/test

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IM having some issues understanding this as well

in the classes/boxes.php file i removed the references to class="infoBoxHeading"

in the template file i have

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111">
 <tr>
<td> </td>
<td class="infoBoxHeadinginfo">$headertext</td>
<td> </td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td> </td>
<td class="infoBoxContents">$content</td>
<td> </td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td width="30"> </td>
<td width="100%"> </td>
<td width="31"> </td>
 </tr>
</table>

in the infobox.php file i simply have:

$headertext
$content

in the stylesheet i have set the backgrounds to transparent and that works fine but for some reason the $headertext is not picking up the font settings in my class:

TD.infoBoxHeadinginfo { 
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; 
font-weight: bold; 
color: #FFFFFF; 
padding: 4px; 
background-color: #800080; 
}

it picks up the purple background for the header and it picks up the white font but form some reason the actual font type and weight arent applied

anyone have any ideas what would do this?

Hey - I am completely lost with the latest glitch in my store (unfortunately live) and am hoping someone here might know what causes this.

My "buy now" button on my top category pages is working properly. On my 2nd level category pages however, it wants to add "&sort=product_sort_order" before the "&osCsid=****" part to the link and the buy now button does not work.

I can use the same script to call the products in and offer "buy now" buttons for the products on both the category and subcategory pages - but only the top level category buy now buttons work correctly.

I have searched and searched (using google) for anything to do with buy now buttons and product_sort_order and for the life of me I cannot find anything on this nor can I find any reason that would cause this.

Anybody have any thoughts?

~Tracy

I found the offending bit of code and currently have it commented out. I can't find anywhere that it breaks my site - but thought I'd post it so others know what bit of code is causing the problem - and maybe somebody will be able to come up with a work-a-round :)

The offending code in catalog/index.php

/* testing without this chunk of code
if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
	if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
	  $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = 'products_sort_order';
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name";
	  break;
	}
  }
} else {
  $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
  $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
  switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
	  break;
	  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
		$listing_sql .= "order by pd.products_description " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
		break; 					  
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_SORT_ORDER':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? "desc" : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
  }
}
*/

Hey - I am completely lost with the latest glitch in my store (unfortunately live) and am hoping someone here might know what causes this.

My "buy now" button on my top category pages is working properly. On my 2nd level category pages however, it wants to add "&sort=product_sort_order" before the "&osCsid=****" part to the link and the buy now button does not work.

I can use the same script to call the products in and offer "buy now" buttons for the products on both the category and subcategory pages - but only the top level category buy now buttons work correctly.

I have searched and searched (using google) for anything to do with buy now buttons and product_sort_order and for the life of me I cannot find anything on this nor can I find any reason that would cause this.

Anybody have any thoughts?

~Tracy

I feel pretty confident that the solution to integrating the placeholders in STS with my template design should be fairly simple but I don't know which direction to head now. I have my template design (sliced and uploaded), STS 4.5.8 installed, OSCommerce 2.2-MS2 installed, PHP 5.2.2, and all I need to do is integrate the placeholders into the design so my store and its content will show up. Here is my template already being displayed in OSCommerce STS:

http://collegiatehoodshields.com/catalog/

chs.png

As you can see the blank text area is where I would like the placeholders to display content. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Joey Donuts

I feel pretty confident that the solution to integrating the placeholders in STS with my template design should be fairly simple but I don't know which direction to head now. I have my template design (sliced and uploaded), STS 4.5.8 installed, OSCommerce 2.2-MS2 installed, PHP 5.2.2, and all I need to do is integrate the placeholders into the design so my store and its content will show up. Here is my template already being displayed in OSCommerce STS:

http://collegiatehoodshields.com/catalog/

As you can see the blank text area is where I would like the placeholders to display content. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Joey Donuts

Joey,

Just start adding the tags into the blank areas. You may want to make those graphics into the background of the tables/cells and then place your tags on top of them.

Begin with the $content tag. For a listing of the tags, refer to the STS User Manual. I have a tutorial listed on my site if you need more step by step assistance.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm new to osC and STS, but I've gotten a pretty good handle on it. I'm just having a problem with the InfoBoxes. What I'd like to do is remove the tables and replace them with div styling. But, I can't seem to find where to do that.

Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this post, but I've got a problem after installing the STS files. I'm not sure why I can't see the STS module in admin as shown in the STS install file, even though I can see them on the server.

I'd appreciate some advice how to move forward with this.

I have to admit, Im a newbie to OS, and like the idea of being able to create my own template.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dave47

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this post, but I've got a problem after installing the STS files. I'm not sure why I can't see the STS module in admin as shown in the STS install file, even though I can see them on the server.

I'd appreciate some advice how to move forward with this.

I have to admit, Im a newbie to OS, and like the idea of being able to create my own template.

Thanks in advance.

Dave, If you can't see the STS Modules in the admin, I'd say that you are missing some of the files from the contribution. Try installing the contribution again being sure to keep the folder structure in tact.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have just converted the Modern Template for RC2a ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,6094/page,5) into a STS Template.

You can download it at the STS Power Pack site (a site dedicated to All STS Addons).

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4456

Enjoy!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill, thanks for wonderful contribution. My bad, I don't use it for full extend, I definitely will, it just so many other things to add, correct, fix and so on.

Anyway, I have some minor thing bothering me, but I cannot find what's going on.

When user clicks Submit button on a testimonial writing page he got next error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function size() on a non-object in /home/media777/domains/MYDOMAINHERE.com/public_html/includes/classes/sts.php on line 186

I checked that line and line looks like this:

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

$template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];

I am not sure what is related to, I don't know PHP, for me it looks like 'header' is not defined or something.

The interesting thing is that testimonial user was writing inserted into database OK.

I don't know where to look the answer. Probably you can give me some light.

Thanks for any help.

Michael

Computers777dotcom

Hey Bill,

I am going out on a limb here and want to move STS out of the "Modules" box. I have already created the following new file admin\includes\boxes\template.php and took what was in admin\includes\boxes\modules.php that pertain to STS in there changing the code according in my new file.

I then edited the admin\includes\column_left.php to reflect the new file I created as well as edited the filenames.php file and edited all the languages files.

I am now moving on to edit admin/modules.php and this is where I a question. Is there a need to edit this file? Also is there any other files I need to edit or create that I might have missed?