• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Ah Hah! Ok - figured it out - I had followed the catalog side install instructions from HTC 2.6.3 and should not have :blush:

It now seems to be working - YAY! My only question now is - should I have changed the to $headcontent

$headertags

I have it one way on the index template and another on the index.php_1_9.html and both of them seem to be working properly :huh:

Tracy,

I just seen your post several hours later....

The link in my signature "How to install HTC & STS" would have saved you a lot of time.

:thumbsup: Also, you would want to install the HTC edits on the catalog/index.php page if you use HTC to add text to your page. For example: the category or product name, category description, etc. I think using HTC to do that is redundant since STS allows you more control over the design of such items (just my opinion). Just thought I would mention it anyway. Take a look at the following post for more details: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1116611

You will want to use the commented version of $headcontent:

<!--$headcontent-->

. If not, you may see the tag appear in your template.

Hope this helped,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Jon,

Do you have the

<!--headcontent-->

in your head section?

I do not use the Additional Image 2.0 contribution but I can advise you regarding STS and how it relates to other contributions that modifiy the product info page.

You'll need to make some changes in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file.

In general, the changes that a contribution makes in catalog/product_info.php must also be done in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file when using content templates. To rule out a content template issue, temporarily turn off the Product Info module for content templates in your store's admin.

:thumbsup: If all you want is to have additional images for your products, then checkout More Pics 6 or Ultrapics. Each are working with STS (check the STS Power Pack site for detailed installation for these contributions - link in my signature below).

Thank you so much for all the advice bkellum. All I'm trying to get is STS and and extra pictures for my products, I have looked through the STS Power Pack's but could not figure out which pack to use. This is all I want to do, MoPics 6 v2 and STS, how do I get these to work together starting with a fresh install of osc rc1? I seen the power pack that says it adds next and back buttons to the pop-up but I don't beleive that has instructions on how to get mopics to work with STS in the first place. Thanks for your help in advance. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for all the advice bkellum. All I'm trying to get is STS and and extra pictures for my products, I have looked through the STS Power Pack's but could not figure out which pack to use. This is all I want to do, MoPics 6 v2 and STS, how do I get these to work together starting with a fresh install of osc rc1? I seen the power pack that says it adds next and back buttons to the pop-up but I don't beleive that has instructions on how to get mopics to work with STS in the first place. Thanks for your help in advance. :thumbsup:

Jon,

If you are not using templates for the product_info.php page (for example: includes/sts_templates/*your template dir*/content/product_info.php.html), then MoPics will be automatically picked up using the $content tag.

If you are using templates for the product_info.php page, then you should look in the MoPics contribution for instructions on how to integrate with STS. The author has included these instructions in a separate folder. "\other contrib integration\STS v4.2\changes to integrate STS 4.2.txt".

:thumbsup: Otherwise, the UltraPics contribution works quite nicely with STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1143203

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I am trying to implement the directions for Dynamic Page Heading Title for STS but no luck :( Has anyone tried it recently? Did something change? I am using RC1 with some contribs, but the directions seemed pretty simple...

Thanks in advance,

gina

Gina,

You shouldn't have any issues at all. Just a recap...

In catalog/index.php:

Find (first instance of this line):

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

Replace with:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $category['categories_name'] ?></td>

Find (second instance of this line):

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

Replace with:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {  
	$category_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
	$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
	if ($category['manufacturers_name'] != "") {echo $category['manufacturers_name'];} else { echo HEADING_TITLE;}
  } else { 
	$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
	if ($category['categories_name'] != "") {echo $category['categories_name'];} else { echo HEADING_TITLE;}
  }
?></td>

That should do it.

:thumbsup: Keep in mind that if you have HTC installed, you would probably rather make the HTC catalog/index.php modifications verses those above. Personally, I use the code above instead of the HTC code since I preferr to style my headings in my templates rather than in the admin as HTC does. Just my opionion and way of doing things of course. :rolleyes:

The only diffs from RC1 and MS2 in the index.php file is the

echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";

and the way it does the

$listing_sql .= ' order by ';

Hope this helped,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I was hoping someone could help me out here?

Is creating templates index.php.html, index.php_0.html, & index.php_0_0.html the same thing?

I have created index.php.html and index.php_0.html and I can only get index.php_0.html to be used.

Does any know the answer to this problem?

Thanks

Infoboxes:

I created a custom box into the folder boxes (in the template folder) called "infobox_categories.php.html" with these lines in it:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<td>$content

</td>

</table>

In the template I included:

<ul><li class="bg_list_un">$categorybox</li></ul>

Do I have to do anything else that the infobox template will work ?

the Layout of my Categories box is unchanged - seems that "infobox_categories.php.html" has no function...?

I don`t want to show the header text of "categories" and more width to fit in my template...

What am I doing wrong here ?

The same ist with "currencies_box"....only the complete box including header is visible...but I don`t want to see the header and the box should have mare width...

So I made a "infobox_currencies.php.html", put it in the "boxes" folder - and nothing is changed.

I enabled "Use template for infoboxes" in admin...

Something elso to do ?

Edited by runweb

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

All creds to a wonderful contribution! I have been fiddling around with the templates for quite some time now...

My first post in the forum after spending days and days for some solution to my problem. Seems like there is information overload in this forum hehe. So much information but so hard to find sometimes what you looking for.

I´d like to include a quick menu on my store but have failed so far.

This is how I´d like it to be displayed. Could that be possible?

34dfa41d5e.jpg

Any input what so ever is highly appreciated!!

:thumbsup:

I use sts v4 bulid a store,but I found all the page title are the same as the template's tittle, but I want the prducts_info.php page title display the product's name,so how should I do ? Is there some topics about this? can somebody tell me ??? thanks a lot~

Is creating templates index.php.html, index.php_0.html, & index.php_0_0.html the same thing?

I have created index.php.html and index.php_0.html and I can only get index.php_0.html to be used.

Thanks

Hello Joe,

I'm assuming you are using the latest STSv4.5.8 version of STS.

Have you enabled the STS Index Module in the admin? You should be able to create a "default" catagory template using the index.php.html template and then a separate home page template using index.php_0.html. See the user manual regarding creating specific category templates such as index.php_1_7.html and so on.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Infoboxes:

I created a custom box into the folder boxes (in the template folder) called "infobox_categories.php.html" with these lines in it:

In the template I included:

Do I have to do anything else that the infobox template will work ?

the Layout of my Categories box is unchanged - seems that "infobox_categories.php.html" has no function...?

I don`t want to show the header text of "categories" and more width to fit in my template...

What am I doing wrong here ?

The same ist with "currencies_box"....only the complete box including header is visible...but I don`t want to see the header and the box should have mare width...

So I made a "infobox_currencies.php.html", put it in the "boxes" folder - and nothing is changed.

I enabled "Use template for infoboxes" in admin...

Something elso to do ?

If all you are wanting to do is remove the "header" from the category box, then create two infobox templates; one for the content (infobox_categories.php.html) and a blank one for the header (infobox_categories_header.php.html).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Seems that the files i stored as"infobox_.......php.html" in the boxes folder of my template are not working...

Jack,

What version of STS are you using?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

All creds to a wonderful contribution! I have been fiddling around with the templates for quite some time now...

My first post in the forum after spending days and days for some solution to my problem. Seems like there is information overload in this forum hehe. So much information but so hard to find sometimes what you looking for.

I´d like to include a quick menu on my store but have failed so far.

This is how I´d like it to be displayed. Could that be possible?

34dfa41d5e.jpg

Any input what so ever is highly appreciated!!

:thumbsup:

You can do this in one of several different ways. Maybe the following tip will help:

STS Link to a category:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php', 'cPath=21&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Category Name Here</a>

STS Link to a product:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=53&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Product Name Here</a>

You can use the links above to create your menus.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I use sts v4 bulid a store,but I found all the page title are the same as the template's tittle, but I want the prducts_info.php page title display the product's name,so how should I do ? Is there some topics about this? can somebody tell me ??? thanks a lot~

Yes, look in the STS User Manual for details (under tips and tricks I think).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks for your quick reply Bill!

Since you and me play in veeeery different leagues when it comes to programming I quite don´t follow you here. I will give it a try though and test and play around to see if I have any success.

Many thanks but prepare to hear from me again hehe!

Thanks

Hello Joe,

I'm assuming you are using the latest STSv4.5.8 version of STS.

Have you enabled the STS Index Module in the admin? You should be able to create a "default" catagory template using the index.php.html template and then a separate home page template using index.php_0.html. See the user manual regarding creating specific category templates such as index.php_1_7.html and so on.

Hope this helped,

Thanks for the response. I've been using STS since about version 4.1 and have installed it on many systems and shops. I love the contrib and its usually the first contrib I install to the shop. I never had much problems, until now.

I am using STSv4.5.6 running on osCv2.2rc1. Installed Default Module-> Use Templates? = True, created personal sts_template.html. Installed Index Module-> Use template for index page? = True, created index.php.html & index.php_0.html. In each index template I print out an identifier to show which template is being used when the page is rendered to the browser. Because of this identifier I can see that only index.php_0.html is being used. I don't really understand what is happening here. I've wrapped my head around this over and over. Its probably something straight forward but I can't seem to get it.

If anyone has any input on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the response. I've been using STS since about version 4.1 and have installed it on many systems and shops. I love the contrib and its usually the first contrib I install to the shop. I never had much problems, until now.

I am using STSv4.5.6 running on osCv2.2rc1. Installed Default Module-> Use Templates? = True, created personal sts_template.html. Installed Index Module-> Use template for index page? = True, created index.php.html & index.php_0.html. In each index template I print out an identifier to show which template is being used when the page is rendered to the browser. Because of this identifier I can see that only index.php_0.html is being used. I don't really understand what is happening here. I've wrapped my head around this over and over. Its probably something straight forward but I can't seem to get it.

If anyone has any input on this I would really appreciate it.

Upgrade to V4.5.8.

Version 4.5.6 has some issues.

I just did a test with v4.5.8 and the index.php_0.html and index.php.html templates work as they should.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

ARGH !

I`m using 4.5.7 but I checked, that I did not modify the /classes/boxes.php file....after I modiefied it as in contrib my boxes are working fine now...don`t know why my boxes.php was not updated....it worked...but perhaps I did not take care when saving my files..

It`s all right now... :D

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

Yes, look in the STS User Manual for details (under tips and tricks I think).

HI ,bkellum ,thank for your help,I had read the STS User Manual again,but I found at "tips and tricks" , It just said how to change heading title ,but not page title.

I need to change product_info.php's page title to the product's name, like the popup_image.php,the title of it is

"<title><?php echo $products['products_name']; ?>" ,So I put this code to product_info.php to replace the title of it ,but It doesn't work,the page title of

product_info.php isn't change to the product name!!!!!!!

Couple questions - do you have </title> after the closing "?>" tag? Do you have Use template for product info page set to "true" in your admin?

HI ,bkellum ,thank for your help,I had read the STS User Manual again,but I found at "tips and tricks" , It just said how to change heading title ,but not page title.

I need to change product_info.php's page title to the product's name, like the popup_image.php,the title of it is

"<title><?php echo $products['products_name']; ?>" ,So I put this code to product_info.php to replace the title of it ,but It doesn't work,the page title of

product_info.php isn't change to the product name!!!!!!!

~Tracy

Bill,

I updated from STS 4.5.2 to 4.5.8, in an attempt to fix the Worldpay callback fault as suggested on page 144 of the thread, however the fault persists.

My installion is very simple: MS2+STS 4.5.2+Show Sub-Categories+Worldpay 1.9

I overwrote the existing files with those from STS 4.5.8 the MS2 and STS folders, then added back the box class and a minor mod to general.php to directly call my logo and to swap 'logoff' and 'myaccount' and remove the |

All works fine up to the callback. I turn off STS, the Worldpay callback also works fine. I turn it on, I get this:

callback_fault.gif

...And no order is received by the osCommerce backend.

Is there a simple way to disable STS for the callback?

Thanks again for the help :)

Anybody know where the link is set for the "edit product" button in admin/categories.php ?

I'm working on upgrading to RC1 and using the latest STS and HTC, and am now implementing Master Products. I seem to have most everything working, my biggest issue on the admin side is the "edit product" button - it calls the "new product" action :'(

I've been staring over the code for hours now, and I've gone through the entire RC1 Release thread hoping maybe it was just something on that update - but so far I've not been able to find anything. If anyone knows where the action is set for the edit product button it would be greatly appreciated :blush:

~Tracy