• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

This error message is built in includes/functions/html_output.php, function tep_href_link, when the first parameter is empty. This parameter is the destination page of a link.

It means that somewhere in your store you have a call to this function with an empty first parameter.

Are you using several templates? Have you placed php code directly inside templates? Is it same when STS is disabled?

You can use a program like TextPad from Helios Software Solutions to make a search for the function in all your files, you'll then see all the lines where it is used and you'll be able to find the missing parameter.

- Chris "Rigadin2"

SO,how come even when i delete all of my store and install a fresh new Oscommerce with a new database i get the same error?

Bill Kellum told :"something has to be lingering from your old installation to be causing you problems."

What can it be?(a code problem?database?)

I know my host is not the problem.

It does'nt make saneness to me.

I search in all files for: function tep_href_link and foud only 2 files:

admin\includes\functions\html_output.php(15): function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL') {

includes\functions\html_output.php(15): function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

is it a prolem with those files?

Thanks again

This error message is built in includes/functions/html_output.php, function tep_href_link, when the first parameter is empty. This parameter is the destination page of a link.

It means that somewhere in your store you have a call to this function with an empty first parameter.

Are you using several templates? Have you placed php code directly inside templates? Is it same when STS is disabled?

You can use a program like TextPad from Helios Software Solutions to make a search for the function in all your files, you'll then see all the lines where it is used and you'll be able to find the missing parameter.

- Chris "Rigadin2"

SO,how come even when i delete all of my store and install a fresh new Oscommerce with a new database i get the same error?

Bill Kellum told :"something has to be lingering from your old installation to be causing you problems."

Sorry to say sefimor but it is your host.

Let me assume you host through Network Solutions. Let me assume that you called them and they tell you that all is fine and nothing has happened on there end. They are wrong. Network Solutions recently (the day that your site failed) upgraded their apache server and didn't tell you. I am having the same issue.

InspiredPaper.com

Chris is correct some parameter is missing. Current code no longer works the same. From what I can tell it's PHP_SELF . But I must be missing something, because I still get the error at the bottom of the page.

Also, even though I have payment options enabled they are not showing up. I have a feeling the way you call arrays have changed.

I have turned off STS and can at least see most of the page.

Oh yea i can assume you are having an odd issue when you enter the admin page without index.php. To fix that in admin\includeds\application_top.php find:

$PHP_SELF = (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME']);

and replace with

// Before Network Solutions Broke it

// $PHP_SELF = (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME']);

$PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'];

If any one can my 2 issues:

1) error at bottom of index.php page when viewed without index.php

2) no payment options are showing

thanks

Your application_top.php modifications should be just before the message_stack code as follows:

// START STS 4.5
 require (DIR_WS_CLASSES.'sts.php');
 $sts= new sts();
 $sts->start_capture();
 // END STS

// initialize the message stack for output messages
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');
 $messageStack = new messageStack;

I suggest upgrading to 4.5.2 so that you get all of the bug fixes for 4.5. If you are still getting a blank page, then check all of the files from the contribution to make sure that you uploaded them correctly (in the correct folders).

I checked and it is in the proper place. I have installed and uninstalled the files several times - since this is an upgrade there are only a few files to check.

I checked and it is in the proper place. I have installed and uninstalled the files several times - since this is an upgrade there are only a few files to check.

One more thing - I did use the 4.5.2 files for the upgrade.

One more thing - I did use the 4.5.2 files for the upgrade.

Michael, use a file comparison utility such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge and compare your shop files with the files in the STSv4.5.2 contribution. This will help rule out any files missing or placed incorrectly.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

- Chris "Rigadin2"

I search in all files for: function tep_href_link and foud only 2 files:

is it a prolem with those files?

Thanks again

Just figured it out.

In catalog\includes\classes\sts.php

After

<?php

add

InspiredPaper.com

Michael, use a file comparison utility such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge and compare your shop files with the files in the STSv4.5.2 contribution. This will help rule out any files missing or placed incorrectly.

I do use WinMerge. Should I do ALL the files in the 4.5.2 contribution and not just the ones which the upgrade says to do?

Thanks for your help BTW!

I do use WinMerge. Should I do ALL the files in the 4.5.2 contribution and not just the ones which the upgrade says to do?

Thanks for your help BTW!

Yes, it will not hurt and would help rule out any mistakes. Just keep in mind that if you made any custom tags on your own that you created in the sts_user_code.php file, you will need to copy those over so you will not lose them.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Just figured it out.

In catalog\includes\classes\sts.php

After

<?php

add

InspiredPaper.com

This is not an STS issue, you should make this change in 2 files, or you'll have problems somewhere else:

includes\application_top.php(about line 45): if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];

admin\includes\application_top.php(about line 35): $PHP_SELF = (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME']);

These are the original code, you must change to take the $_SERVER instead.

- Chris

Register Globals

My server allows me set Register Globals on or off. If I set it off, I need to use a patch. The question is, which is best for use with STS:

1. Register Globals on

2. Register Globals off with patch

If you choose option 1, please explain to me how having Register Globals on won't compromise my site's security.

Thank you in advance!

Register Globals

My server allows me set Register Globals on or off. If I set it off, I need to use a patch. The question is, which is best for use with STS:

1. Register Globals on

If you choose option 1, please explain to me how having Register Globals on won't compromise my site's security.

Thank you in advance!

Either/Or. Having globals off will break some contribs but STS has no issues I'm aware of regarding globals in either configuration.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Hi ALl,

I am using STS and in my new Desktop computer it looks as it supposed to be. in both forefox and Internet explorer. every thing works fine.

But When I tried same website on old COmputer all alligment goes out Drop down menu started overlapting other images.

I experienced this samew problem when I went to friend house and used his two yeard pentim 4 desktop.

I am not sure if it is because of old graphic card or small screen resolution.

but Other websites opened allright even websites created using oscommerce.

Please advise me what I am doing wrong and How I will able to fix this problem..

Website address: www.zeeshop.co.uk

I will gratefull for any suggestion advise or feed back.

thanks and regards.

zee

Hello,

I have a problem.. I made an index on my shop with a welcome message in Dreamweaver.

Now when I click on a categorie and product my welcome message keeps coming back. I only want to display it on my index and not on my product page.. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you!

SHaron

Hello,

I have a problem.. I made an index on my shop with a welcome message in Dreamweaver.

Now when I click on a categorie and product my welcome message keeps coming back. I only want to display it on my index and not on my product page.. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you!

SHaron

Sharon, not knowing how you created your "custom" welcome message, let me explain how to solve your problem using the stock welcome message:

Try this:

In catalog/index.php, find:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

Change it to (comment it out):

<td class="main"><?php //echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

Now place the following in your STS Template where you want the $greeting string (that is called in general.php):

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

Also: You will need to modify the HTML Table tags above to meet your needs in your template.

NOTE: Since version 4, STS Templates can now include PHP coding. So, using the above, you can place the welcome message only where you want it and in only the template pages that you want it to show up on.

Hope this was useful,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Register Globals

1. Register Globals on

Thank you in advance!

STS works with both options. Now, for the security issues concerning this setting, you'll find more informations in other threads or from Google.

- Chris

@ Bkellum: it didn't work sorry.. It scrambled up my whole index page..

I made my welcome message just ny typing it in in Dreamweaver in the index.php.htm file..

Is there anyway to stop displaying that text in the product page?

www.ilovekawaii.com/shop

Thank you!

Sharon

Hi,

I need help again... I can't figure it out my self. :blush:

I have a special template for my product site....

The categorybox is to the left and plain text to the right.

When my customers click on a category to box dissapear and the products are shown....

To go back the customers have to click backwards in the browser... I don't want that.

I want the categorybox to be there all the time. How do I do this? <_<

Best regards

Jessica

http://rcmaffian.se/oscommerce_st/catalog/products.php

Jessica Fuchs

Oh, I misspelled.....

The categorybox is to the left and plain text to the right.

When my customers click on a category the box dissapear and the products are shown....

To go back the customers have to click backwards in the browser... I don't want that.

Sorry about that. Hope you understand what I mean.

//Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

@ Bkellum: it didn't work sorry.. It scrambled up my whole index page..

I made my welcome message just ny typing it in in Dreamweaver in the index.php.htm file..

Is there anyway to stop displaying that text in the product page?

www.ilovekawaii.com/shop

Thank you!

Sharon

Sharon, I tested out my solution before I suggested it to you and it worked flawlessly. How did you enter your welcome message into your index.php.htm file? Can you post the code you used for your welcome message?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions