• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Does anyone know or have a clue of why I get this meassege when I click on "my acocunt"??

Template file does not exist: [catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/sts_template.html] Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/ackispac/rcmaffian.se/oscommerce_st/catalog/includes/classes/sts.php:156) in /hsphere/local/home/ackispac/rcmaffian.se/oscommerce_st/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

:blink:

Maby I should meantioned that I've recently installed STS v4.5.2. I haven't done any modifications yet because I wanted to see if everything was ok first.

Regards

Jessica

Jessica, check that you have installed everything correctly. When you see the error message like the one you are getting, it usually means that you misplaced some files/folders from the contribution.

The problem can be solved by walking through the code logic flow in the files involved, which are mentioned in the warning message, to make sure no headers are being set after content has been sent to the client.

A common cause to the problem is spaces ("whitespace") existing before the first <?php tag and/or after the last ?> tag with the files involved. By removing all spaces so that <?php is at the very start of the file and that ?> is at the very end of the file, no content would have been sent to the client and headers can be set safely.

Open the file in a text editor -> place your mouse cursor after the very last ?> tag at the very end of the file and press the 'delete' key on your computer keyboard. Make sure that whitespace does not exist before the opening <?php tag at the very beginning of the file - delete whitespace if present. Save and upload the file to your installation.

Hope this has helped you out.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Check to see if you have Search Engine Friendly URLS (still in development) set to TRUE. If so, change it to FALSE.

Hi Bill,

Before i asked it i search in the forum,I saw this answer. This is not the problem...

I even tried to upload my site from the backup. ...

What else can I do?

Thank you

Edited by sefimor

Jessica, check that you have installed everything correctly. When you see the error message like the one you are getting, it usually means that you misplaced some files/folders from the contribution.

I have checked that. The files are there. :huh:

Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

The problem can be solved by walking through the code logic flow in the files involved, which are mentioned in the warning message, to make sure no headers are being set after content has been sent to the client.

A common cause to the problem is spaces ("whitespace") existing before the first <?php tag and/or after the last ?> tag with the files involved. By removing all spaces so that <?php is at the very start of the file and that ?> is at the very end of the file, no content would have been sent to the client and headers can be set safely.

Open the file in a text editor -> place your mouse cursor after the very last ?> tag at the very end of the file and press the 'delete' key on your computer keyboard. Make sure that whitespace does not exist before the opening <?php tag at the very beginning of the file - delete whitespace if present. Save and upload the file to your installation.

I have been looking for whitespaces but I can't find any. These files mentioned... I've never done anything with them at all. Not even opened them before now.

Can I copy the files here? Would you like to take a look at them, please?

/Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

I think I posted this in the wrong place so I am posting here... sorry for the redundancy...

I am a newbie and have updated my default template to use templates, pointing to the test folder but when I browse to my site, it doesnt appear to be showing the template. I have updated the code to make sure 'true' does not switch back to 'false' so I know that isnt the issue. Am I browsing to the wrong place or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Cori

I think I posted this in the wrong place so I am posting here... sorry for the redundancy...

I am a newbie and have updated my default template to use templates, pointing to the test folder but when I browse to my site, it doesnt appear to be showing the template. I have updated the code to make sure 'true' does not switch back to 'false' so I know that isnt the issue. Am I browsing to the wrong place or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Cori

Cori, what is the link and I will take a look at it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill,

As I mentioned, I dont even think it is pointing to the right place... this isnt your template I dont think...

http://savorhospitality.com/cart/index.php

Thanks in advance,

Cori

I ran the following debug code:

http://savorhospitality.com/cart/index.php?sts_debug=debug

STS debug code is not showing up at all meaning your site does not appear to have STS installed or configured correctly. Check your installation and make sure you added both the admin files and the files on the catalog side as well.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This just may be the worst question you have ever seen but... where do I edit the $content on the pages and for that matter, the rest of the variables.... can I just set them or is there a place to do that?

Cori

Hi, I need your help....
I get an eror massage on my index page , this is the only thing displayed:

Languages 
Error!
Unable to determine the page link!

As far as i know i did not change a thing and suddenly this eror appers...
(It looks like it is trying to load the language box although i'm not using it)
When I turn off the STS the Osscomerce default index displays with the same eror on the bottom of the page.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...

(bkellum @ Apr 13 2007, 07:46 PM)

Check to see if you have Search Engine Friendly URLS (still in development) set to TRUE. If so, change it to FALSE

Hi Bill,

Before i asked it i search in the forum,I saw this answer. This is not the problem...

What else can I do?

Thank you Thank you.

Edited by sefimor

I'm getting this error, could you advise me how to fix it? thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /mnt/w0200/d16/s30/b02ac612/www/cestasdefruta.net/admin/index.php on line 100

thx

Hello

I have decided not to use the STS Contribution that I have had installed. I have realized I just don't understand it enough yet. I would However like to keep installed for a later date. I set it False in the admin but now I don't know where to edit my files. If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you

Kelly

www.just2cutegifts.com/store

Hello

I have decided not to use the STS Contribution that I have had installed. I have realized I just don't understand it enough yet. I would However like to keep installed for a later date. I set it False in the admin but now I don't know where to edit my files. If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you

Kelly

www.just2cutegifts.com/store

Kelly, I seen in a previous post that you were having problems with your category links but unfortunately you did not provide enough information to really help you out. You may have made some edits to your categories.php file (which has nothing to do with STS) and that may be the problem.

As far as not using STS, all you have to do is set it to false in your admin panel. Then, just edit your PHP files as you would prior to the STS installation.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kelly, I seen in a previous post that you were having problems with your category links but unfortunately you did not provide enough information to really help you out. You may have made some edits to your categories.php file (which has nothing to do with STS) and that may be the problem.

As far as not using STS, all you have to do is set it to false in your admin panel. Then, just edit your PHP files as you would prior to the STS installation.

I am not sure how to explainit . I just did what I thought I was supposed to be doing by reading the How To Use STS section of the Doc. If I set the STS Default it to true now . will you be able to check it with the debug link? Well I am off to bed, so that i can get a good night sleep and I can wake up and sart on all of this tomorrow.

I will leave it true all night ,,,,hoping someone here can figure out where I have gone wrong.

MY URL is www.just2cutegifts.com

Let me know if we can find out what is wrong through the Debug. Cuz I don't yet understand it.

P.S I did not make any edits excet for the text I had put in the $content of ...o well heck I don't think I remeber but it was nothing serious...I did not take any thing out.

Hope to hear from you soon

Kelly

I'm getting this error, could you advise me how to fix it? thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /mnt/w0200/d16/s30/b02ac612/www/cestasdefruta.net/admin/index.php on line 100

thx

This would not have anything to do with STS.

It appears you edited the line specifying the store's logo.

Here is the stock version (osC 060817) for lines 100-101:

<td height="50"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce', '204', '50'); ?></td>
		<td align="right" class="text" nowrap><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_ADMINISTRATION . '</a>  |  <a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link() . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_ONLINE_CATALOG . '</a>  |  <a href="[url="http://www.oscommerce.com/"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]" target="_blank">' . HEADER_TITLE_SUPPORT_SITE . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am not sure how to explainit . I just did what I thought I was supposed to be doing by reading the How To Use STS section of the Doc. If I set the STS Default it to true now . will you be able to check it with the debug link? Well I am off to bed, so that i can get a good night sleep and I can wake up and sart on all of this tomorrow.

I will leave it true all night ,,,,hoping someone here can figure out where I have gone wrong.

MY URL is www.just2cutegifts.com

Let me know if we can find out what is wrong through the Debug. Cuz I don't yet understand it.

P.S I did not make any edits excet for the text I had put in the $content of ...o well heck I don't think I remeber but it was nothing serious...I did not take any thing out.

Hope to hear from you soon

Kelly

Kelly, I just went to your site and clicked on the category links. I see that you have the links pointing to a HTML file instead of the actual PHP file. This will not work.

Have you tried using the $categorybox tag so that your categories would be populated dynamically and would still retain the correct links versus manually entering the wrong links?

The link problem seems to continue with your category images in the main content area as well. When I click on the image, it tells me it links to http://just2cutegifts.com/store/index.php?cPath=24 however, it actually takes me to http://just2cutegifts.com/store/angels-around-c-24.html.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi, I need your help....
I get an eror massage on my index page , this is the only thing displayed:

Languages 
Error!
Unable to determine the page link!

As far as i know i did not change a thing and suddenly this eror appers...
(It looks like it is trying to load the language box although i'm not using it)
When I turn off the STS the Osscomerce default index displays with the same eror on the bottom of the page.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME...

(bkellum @ Apr 13 2007, 07:46 PM)

Check to see if you have Search Engine Friendly URLS (still in development) set to TRUE. If so, change it to FALSE

Hi Bill,

What else can I do?

Thank you Thank you.

Just so that I understand you correctly, you get the error messeage even when you turn STS off?

Take a look at the following link that may help you out:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=627466

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This just may be the worst question you have ever seen but... where do I edit the $content on the pages and for that matter, the rest of the variables.... can I just set them or is there a place to do that?

Cori

The $content tag is probably the most unusal tag to really explain.

In a nutshell:

$content is taken from the php script you are running. For example, the $content for index.php is the piece of code you find in index.php, between the call of column_left and the call of column_right. If you want to modify it, you have to modify the script itself.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Cn anyone check this please?
I see that your template is looking for your stylesheet here (in the root folder):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Is this where you have your stylesheet located?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just so that I understand you correctly, you get the error messeage even when you turn STS off?

Take a look at the following link that may help you out:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=627466

This is very strange,

when I turn the STS off i get the normal pages but with the eror massage on the bottom only on the index page.

when I turn on the sts, the eror is the only thing displays.

The test does work but not the full.

I tried to do what says on the link you posted, i'm just not sure what's the follwing means:

".... And turn SEF On. ."

I appreciate your help

Thank you

I tried to do what says on the link you posted, i'm just not sure what's the follwing means:

".... And turn SEF On. ."

I appreciate your help

Thank you

No, don't follow that suggestion. I don't think turning on Search Engine Friendly URLS is a good idea, not until MS3 comes out anyway.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

No, don't follow that suggestion. I don't think turning on Search Engine Friendly URLS is a good idea, not until MS3 comes out anyway.

So what else can I try??

What can be the problem?