• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

How would I create buttons for specific links.

For instance, in the style sheet you can edit A.headerNavigation and apply a background image, but it carries throughout the site.

I'm looking to create buttons for just cart/account/checkout...yadda yadda.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Dano

Does anyone know what file premissions? what files need to be writable?. when I set the STS to true in the admin/mod it just goes back to False. Im guessing that its a premission error.

thanks!

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

Any ideas why dyna menu would not work with easy populate and sts 4.4?

1)installed the latest oscommerce

2)installed STS 4.4

3)installed dyna menu (everything worked fine, fully functional)

4)installed EP (no flyout action)

Really kinda weird. Any thoughts?

-Dano

Fixed it.... should this not be in the readme? someplace? anywhere?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255140

after searching awhile i found the above thread.

thanks again

Jello, the reason it is not included in the installation of STS is because it is not a STS problem. The post above refers to a bug in the 060817 release of osCommerce. Because this bug effects all of the modules in osC, such as shipping, payment, etc, it also effects STS modules as well.

I did include this as a "troubleshooting" note in my STS/HTC bundles but it was left out in the STSv4.4 release probably for the reason mentioned above.

Don't worry, you were not the only one bit by the 060817 "refresh" bug. :-

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello everyone...

I will not be available for support for a few days since my best friend, my shepherd Yogi, just passed away. I had him for 14 years and it is really hard to take. :(

I don't want anyone thinking that I am ignoring their posts for support. Hopefully someone will be able to help out with your posts.

Please do not misunderstand why I posted this. I do realize I am not the only one who helps in this forum (thank God!). :lol:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello everyone...

I will not be available for support for a few days since my best friend, my shepherd Yogi, just passed away. I had him for 14 years and it is really hard to take. :(

I don't want anyone thinking that I am ignoring their posts for support. Hopefully someone will be able to help out with your posts.

Please do not misunderstand why I posted this. I do realize I am not the only one who helps in this forum (thank God!). :lol:

You do a kick butt job here Bill and the death of an animal friend is sometimes the hardest.

If I know any answers I'll chip in. Take care.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Jello, the reason it is not included in the installation of STS is because it is not a STS problem. The post above refers to a bug in the 060817 release of osCommerce. Because this bug effects all of the modules in osC, such as shipping, payment, etc, it also effects STS modules as well.

I did include this as a "troubleshooting" note in my STS/HTC bundles but it was left out in the STSv4.4 release probably for the reason mentioned above.

Don't worry, you were not the only one bit by the 060817 "refresh" bug. :-

Ahhhhhh......... I developed many mods for this community and have not used OSC for a few years so i jumped the gun and pointed the finger at STS sorry about that... anyways thank you!!!!

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

HELLO,

i just can't find it...

after u click on a product you get to a pge with the product descreption, how can i edit this page?

I want to add a long descreption organized in tables and a link to a pdf document.

maybe you know how can i do it??????

Have a good day

We are getting ready to go live, hopefully Friday 3/23, and I need people to help test and make sure everything looks like it is working properly on the site.

If anyone has a chance to visit http://mmherbs.dreamhosters.com any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am still working on the content, and there will be more images added over time - but if all seems functional we want to get this baby live :thumbsup:

You can PM me with feedback if you'd rather not post it here :D

Thank You!!!

~Tracy

Hi,

I have made all the changes as per the instruction in the "Install Text.doc" of v4.4 of sts,But when i try to install the package,nothing happens,

Where i need to make the changes to make it working.

Please reply early.

Thanks,

Santosh

If you can see the STS modules in admin but cannot make any change, it means that you still the bug that came with osCommerce 2.2MS2 from august 06. This is a problem with last osCommerce release, not with STS. There is a patch to apply, you can find it from the STS download page. You should also look for the last osCommerce release thread as there are some other bugs!

- Rigadin2

Hi folks,

I hate to dredge up an old post that works for everyone else but.. it's not working for me!

I've gone as far as to remove the first "<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>" completely from the catalog/index.php page in order to prove to myself that i'm in the right place, and still the "Let's see what we have here" shows up when i click on a category link in my catalog.

I've also removed the image link in the cell beside it, with the same result. I then decided to be extra-sure and deleted index.php from my site, refreshed the page and got a 404, then uploaded the modified file again and still - "let's see what we have here" shows right up when i'm on a category page (eg: /catalog/index.php?cPath=42)

any thoughts on where i'm going wrong? It seems pretty clear below, but by removing these entries I have to believe that the variable is being pulled from somewhere else besides /catalog/index.php.

thanks for any insight you might be able to provide,

Sean

Niel,

I tried to get this response back to you right away but the forums were down for several hours...

I'm sorry about leading you down the wrong path regarding your catagory names being listed at the top of each page. I forgot that I had hacked some code to get it to dynamically display the catagory name instead of the canned "Let's see what we have here" language. I kept poking my head back into the forums last night hoping for an opportunity to give you the correct information. I feel badly about it.

TO THE STS COMMUNITY: I know this doesn't really apply to STS directly, but I'm posting it anyway since most of the STS users are not familiar with PHP and I feel that fellow STS'ers could benefit from this little hack that works nicely along with the STS template theory.

To get rid of "Let's See What We Have Here" for your Categories and Sub-Categories, you can replace them with the name of the categories or subcategories name.

Here is how I hacked the OsCommerce code to do it:

Open the following file in a text editor:

/yourstore/index.php

Do a search for the following line of code:

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

You will find three instances of each. Do the following:

To see the name of your CATAGORIES instead of "let's see what we have here" text,

just replace the first instance of the code:

with the following:

<?php echo $category['categories_name'] ?>

To also have SUBCATEGORIES displayed dynamically as the CATAGORIES above, just replace the second instance of the code:

with the following:

<?php 
 $category_query1 = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $category1 = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query1);

if ($category1['categories_name'] != "") {echo $category1['categories_name'];} else { echo HEADING_TITLE;} 
?>

The third

should be left alone so you do not need to modify it at all.

Don't forget to save your document as the same name as the original index.php. That's all there is to it.

If this is too daunting, or if you run into problems, let me know. Since I haven't useed this hack in a long time, I ran it on a test store and everything worked perfectly. :thumbsup:

Good luck,

Bill Kellum

Is there any reason why STS 4.4 is stripping out DIV and SPAN tags from catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/boxes/infobox_specials_header.php.html - or ANY specific infobox_{infobox-name}.php.html file, for that matter?

You need to edit a function in includes/functions/sts.php that's called something like sts_strip_unwanted_tags if you want to change what get stripped off.

I think it would be more robust to use the preg_* or ereg_* functions to remove the offending tr and td tags - is there anyone still running a PHP without any regex support?

Hello,

I am using STS 4.4 and have enabled templates for infoboxes. I would like to turn the $headertext of each box into a link that links to the same place as the $right_arrow function links. I've tried changing a specific line in my template file (infobox.php.html) to something like this:

<td class="infoBoxHeading" width="200"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '.php">' . '$headertext' . '</a>'; ?></td>

Which creates a link to shopping_cart.php out of the heading of every infobox (predictably). What (variable?) do I put in place of 'FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART' to get the link to link to the appropriate box page.php? I've tried $headertext, $boxname, $title .. I have been looking on this forum for a few hours, saw one post ask the same question but could not find a reply.

Any help much appreciated.

gaus

You need to edit a function in includes/functions/sts.php that's called something like sts_strip_unwanted_tags if you want to change what get stripped off.

I think it would be more robust to use the preg_* or ereg_* functions to remove the offending tr and td tags - is there anyone still running a PHP without any regex support?

The idea of sts_strip_unwanted_tags is to remove the leading and trailing <tr><td> that are present in all original infoboxes. I don't see any reason to use this function when using infoboxes templates.

This function is called when you stop (or restart) the capture. Example with category box:

$sts->restart_capture ('categorybox', 'box');

The second parameter, 'box', tells STS that this is an infobox so leading and trailing <tr><td> must be removed, and the function must be called. Maybe STS should call this function only if templates are not used? This is something to try. In the meantime, you can try to remove 'box' parameters, see sts_column_left.php .

- Rigadin2

Can anyone tell me how to fix the Info Boxes from going 100%? And make the images look cleaner? I have spent hours trying to clean these images in photoshop and the webstore doesn't do them justice. They also don't pop-up when you click on them. Thanks again for any help.

I have created a solution to my query above. It seems to work well and I would like to know if anyone can see any reason why it might not be a good solution. Here's what I did:

Modified: boxes.php to include a line:

$template = $sts->infobox_header_template."\n".$template; // Add header before the content. Header can be empty.

$template = str_replace('$headertext', $sts->infobox_headertext, $template);

$template = str_replace('$right_arrow', $sts->infobox_right_arrow, $template);

$template = str_replace('$content', $content, $template);

$template = str_replace('$my_link', $boxname, $template); <<-- This is the line I added

Modified infobox.php.html line that builds the infobox head to:

<td class="infoBoxHeading" width="200"><?php echo '<a href="' . '$my_link' . '.php">' . '$headertext' . '</a>'; ?></td>

Now the infobox headline text links to the correct page, ie: Shopping Cart box links to shopping_cart.php

BTW: I am not using any boxes that should not link anywhere.

gaus

ps. I am fairly new to writing PHP, and so I am slightly hesitant to trust any of my own PHP code modifications.

Edited by gaus

Still having problems with this. The problem with my above code is that the resulting HTML is improperly formed (not to Firefox though). I end up with something like <a href="shopping_cart.php"><td width="200">Shopping Cart</td></a>.

From what I can tell, the name of the box is held in an the array of $contents[][]['form'] somehow but I do not know how to form the code that can retrieve it. (inside the file boxes.php). Does anyone know how to extract the name of a box (from within $headertext) w/o getting the resulting HTML (the <td> ... </td> tags)?

Thanks,

gaus

Can anyone tell me how to fix the Info Boxes from going 100%? And make the images look cleaner? I have spent hours trying to clean these images in photoshop and the webstore doesn't do them justice. They also don't pop-up when you click on them. Thanks again for any help.

The way I changed my InfoBox sizes was in the catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php file. However, I'm using STS v4.2 - so I'm not sure if the new version has a better way to adjust their width individually.

If you do a search of the contributions there are a couple different ones for the images. One gives you other images to use, another turns them into transparent gif's so they just don't show up at all.

Dunno on the pop-up - hopefully someone else can help you troubleshoot that one - I'd also search for STS and popup on google as I'm pretty sure I've seen others with that issue and fixes were posted :thumbsup:

~Tracy

I know this has got to be a dumb question - but I just can't seem to find this - LOL

Anyone know what bit of code calls the name of the product into the content of the products page? Does it also do the category names on the category pages? I may have removed it at one point as I was using images initially for the category names, but then changed to text and realized I could cut out quite a few category templates if I could just figure out how to add the blasted text for the category name dynamically into the page again - LOL :blush:

~Tracy

New to Oscommerce, installed Oscommerce 2.2msm-060817, Apache Server 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.1, MySQL 5.0.37 and I just installed STSv4.4 on Win XP Pro. When I go to admin, modules sts and click edit Default template to true and dont change anything else and click save it still shows false on simple template when i change pages. Should I be putting something eles in the other fields that are already filled in? Thanks in advance.

George

We are getting ready to go live, hopefully Friday 3/23, and I need people to help test and make sure everything looks like it is working properly on the site.

If anyone has a chance to visit http://mmherbs.dreamhosters.com any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am still working on the content, and there will be more images added over time - but if all seems functional we want to get this baby live :thumbsup:

You can PM me with feedback if you'd rather not post it here :D

Thank You!!!

Ok - I put in for the DNS change so the old link will no longer work. The site will be at http://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com within the next 24-48 hours.

~Tracy