• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi, i really need some help...

I've just installed the STS and HTC contribution (combined), however when configuring STS to run with HTC i get the following error message:

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html;headertags.php]

on my index.php file.

I followed all the instructins to the T, however when it comes to configuring it all, the instructions say:

"Setup Header Tags Controller

Go to your admin panel, modules, STS.

* For each module installed, add "headertags.php" (wihout the quotes) to the list of files to include.

For the default module, you have a paramer named"Files for normal template". By default it contains only "sts_user_code.php". If you modify this parameter to "sts_user_code.php;headertags.php", you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template. Do the same for the other modules below."

Am I missng something blatently obvious here? Do I need to physically copy the file headertags.php to that location??

^^^ Ignore me

It was a really silly mistake i'd made, because i'm new to this i think. When configuring the STS, i'd put the ;headertags.php into BOTH the Files for normal template AND the Default template file fields.

My mistake!

^^^ Ignore me

It was a really silly mistake i'd made, because i'm new to this i think. When configuring the STS, i'd put the ;headertags.php into BOTH the Files for normal template AND the Default template file fields.

My mistake!

Actually please don't ignore me.

After installing STS, and when I configure the STS > Default module as below, I get the error message "Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html;headertags.php] ":

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html;headertags.php

Use template for infoboxes

false

It works fine when i remove the headertags.php from the 'default template file' field, can anyone help???

Actually please don't ignore me.

After installing STS, and when I configure the STS > Default module as below, I get the error message "Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/sts_template.html;headertags.php] ":

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html;headertags.php

Use template for infoboxes

false

It works fine when i remove the headertags.php from the 'default template file' field, can anyone help???

Steve, you do not need to list the "headertags.php" file under "Default template file". The headertags.php file is not a template but rather a PHP script that needs to be run so that you do not have to add meta data to all of your sts templates (all you have to do is add your key words, etc in the Header Tags Controller admin and STS will do the rest for you if configured properly).

You were close, just added "too much" information in the STS module configuration. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi there,

As a newbie to OScommerce and PHP stuff in general, this contribution looks like my life just got a whole lot easier so many thanks for that. One question if I may, (And apologies if this has been asked and asnwered before but I couldn't find anything regarding) if I build a basic informational website in html with frontpage using a frontpage theme, is it possible to use STS to integrate that theme into the OScommerce shop to make the site as a whole all look the same or (As the thought just occurs to me) would it be simpler to get the shop looking the way I want and then build the website to suit?

Many thanks in advance for anyone's time :)

Jon, you could do it either way that you want. However, if you create your web site first and then try to integrate osCommerce functionallity to it, you will really need to know how STS and osCommrece work. What I mean is, you will need to familiarize yourself with the STS tags and what they represent as well as know what the different osCommerce pages are for and how it flows (for ex. the checkout process).

Being familiar with a stock osCommerce first will help you immensily as you are trying to integrate the different osCommerce functions into your web site. :thumbsup:

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi Folks,

First off, I'd like to add my congratulations to Bill on V4.4 of the STS contribution. I tried this out about 2 years ago and well let's just say that the new version is IMPRESSIVE! How easy it is!

Just for clarification...Chris (Rigadin2) was the one who should get the credit for the latest 4.4 version that includes the popup image template and the specific template images used per template folder. :blush: Chris has done a great job with this latest version and I have just been trying to help support it. I hope I'm helping anyway. :-

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

:huh:

Hi,

I am just customising the sts templates for the infoboxes, all looks fine except.......

The "Information" box has two headings the same, - the first one has a little bright green box on each side of it with an asterick in it. I am guessing this means there is an error somewhere, but I can't locate it.

If I turn the use infobox templates to false it disappears, so it must be something to do with the infobox template. I haven't changed the templates much at all.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou,

Kate

(I am using STS4.3 with HTCs)

:huh:

Hi,

I am just customising the sts templates for the infoboxes, all looks fine except.......

The "Information" box has two headings the same, - the first one has a little bright green box on each side of it with an asterick in it. I am guessing this means there is an error somewhere, but I can't locate it.

If I turn the use infobox templates to false it disappears, so it must be something to do with the infobox template. I haven't changed the templates much at all.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou,

Kate

(I am using STS4.3 with HTCs)

:rolleyes: Kate, this was corrected in STSv4.3.2 (service pack 2 Nov 29, 2006)

STS4.3SP2 by Rigadin

MODIFICATIONS IN SERVICE PACK 2:

(If you are already using STS v4.3SP1, just replace the 2 following files, otherwise overwrite all files in package)

includes/classes/boxes.php

==========================

Bug corrected where double headers were appearing.

includes/classes/sts.php

Removed osC version check.

**The STSv4.3.2 with HTC 2.6.0 includes the service pack above if that is easier for you. Just so you know, STSv4.4 is the most current release. :blink:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just for clarification...Chris (Rigadin2) was the one who should get the credit for the latest 4.4 version that includes the popup image template and the specific template images used per template folder. :blush: Chris has done a great job with this latest version and I have just been trying to help support it. I hope I'm helping anyway. :-

Should have read the changefile before I went shooting my mouth off on congratulations! ;)

I wonder if you might have any thoughts on the strange template behaviour anyway? The CSS helps to a degree, but I'm sure that I'm not getting the template file I made because the upper left corner image keeps reappearing.

sean

Guys the contribution I installed was STS 4.3.3 and HTC 2.6, a combined installation.

Should I update to 4.4? Will this be easy, or mess up the install i've done of HTC?

:blink:

I've installed STS v4.4. I want to install Header Tag Controller V2.6.2 .

Should I follow the instruction in STS power pack ? will this work for HTC V2.6.2 and STS V4.4 ?

For the catalog side, do NOT follow the HTC instructions, but:

- From the HTC distribution, copy the following files to your store:

- catalog\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php

- catalog\includes\functions\header_tags.php

- catalog\includes\header_tags.php

STS side installation:

- Copy the module located in this zip file, sts_inc folder, into your store in: catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/

- Go to your admin panel, modules, STS.

- For each module installed, add 'headertags.php' to the list of files to include. Example:

for the default module, you have a parameter named 'Files for normal template'. By default it contains only 'sts_user_code.php'.

If you modify this parameter to 'sts_user_code.php;headertags.php' you will have Header Tags Controller working for all pages

using the default template.

For the index module, the parameter is called 'Files for index.php template'.

For product_info module, there are 2 parameters: 'Files for normal template' and 'Files for content template.

Jason

:rolleyes: Kate, this was corrected in STSv4.3.2 (service pack 2 Nov 29, 2006)

STS4.3SP2 by Rigadin

MODIFICATIONS IN SERVICE PACK 2:

(If you are already using STS v4.3SP1, just replace the 2 following files, otherwise overwrite all files in package)

includes/classes/boxes.php

Bug corrected where double headers were appearing.

includes/classes/sts.php

Removed osC version check.

**The STSv4.3.2 with HTC 2.6.0 includes the service pack above if that is easier for you. Just so you know, STSv4.4 is the most current release. :blink:

Thankyou !

I have now added all three service packs successfully (I think), but I am still getting the same error! :'(

Anything else I can do?

Here is my URL so far: http://ballcardz.com/osCommerce/catalog/ ---> Here is the original site http://www.ballcardz.com

When I go to my site and try to navigate, If I click on any of the links, the url changes in the browser bar to indicate that I did click on it, but the page does't change at all.

What do I do to make this site operational. I want to keep this layout, but have the full functionality of osCommerce. This was a clean install (obviously by the stock graphics ) Please help! I'm new at this...

Thanks,

Matt

Thankyou !

I have now added all three service packs successfully (I think), but I am still getting the same error! :'(

Anything else I can do?

Okay well I have now upgraded to v4.4

I am still getting the error, so I guess I have something wrong in one of the original files?????

Here is my URL so far: http://ballcardz.com/osCommerce/catalog/ ---> Here is the original site http://www.ballcardz.com

When I go to my site and try to navigate, If I click on any of the links, the url changes in the browser bar to indicate that I did click on it, but the page does't change at all.

What do I do to make this site operational. I want to keep this layout, but have the full functionality of osCommerce. This was a clean install (obviously by the stock graphics ) Please help! I'm new at this...

Thanks,

Matt

Have you put the $content in your template? It looks as if just the main content is missing.

Should have read the changefile before I went shooting my mouth off on congratulations! ;)

I wonder if you might have any thoughts on the strange template behaviour anyway? The CSS helps to a degree, but I'm sure that I'm not getting the template file I made because the upper left corner image keeps reappearing.

sean

*update:

I've turned on Debug mode and now I am 110% sure that the sts_templates/boxes/*mytemplate*/infobox.php.html file is NOT being read. I can clearly see the html for each infobox in the debug, and just as clearly it's obviously not my code, which is a three row table to which I've only added the $header tag so far. The debug shows multiple rows, along with the nasty little corner_right_left.gif graphic being called in an IMG tag - so there goes my theory that it was the OSC CSS that placed it there instead.

SO the question persists: why would absolutely everything else about STS work flawlessly, yet the infobox template not work at all?

for the record, i'm using OSC 2.2-ms2, STS 4.4, and as for other contributions, i've added a Canada post shipping contrib, a PO# payment contrib, and a Moneris "eselect plus" payment contrib. The site is running 100% SSL on apache with php 4.4.1 and Mysql 5.0.27.

Thanks folks - i'm >< this close to finishing and once my infoboxes are up, i'll be praising STS far and wide!!

Sean

*update:

I've turned on Debug mode and now I am 110% sure that the sts_templates/boxes/*mytemplate*/infobox.php.html file is NOT being read. I can clearly see the html for each infobox in the debug, and just as clearly it's obviously not my code, which is a three row table to which I've only added the $header tag so far. The debug shows multiple rows, along with the nasty little corner_right_left.gif graphic being called in an IMG tag - so there goes my theory that it was the OSC CSS that placed it there instead.

SO the question persists: why would absolutely everything else about STS work flawlessly, yet the infobox template not work at all?

for the record, i'm using OSC 2.2-ms2, STS 4.4, and as for other contributions, i've added a Canada post shipping contrib, a PO# payment contrib, and a Moneris "eselect plus" payment contrib. The site is running 100% SSL on apache with php 4.4.1 and Mysql 5.0.27.

Thanks folks - i'm >< this close to finishing and once my infoboxes are up, i'll be praising STS far and wide!!

Sean

Sean, It appears you have put your boxes folder in the wrong location. You should have a path such as sts_templates/*mytemplate*/boxes/infobox.php.html just as the default contribution file structure in the sts_templates/full/boxes/infobox.php.html. If you do not have the file structure setup correctly, then your infobox templates will not be recognized.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Is there a way to have PHP in the database with the product_description?

I am trying to use the overlib script to cause a pop-up about each ingredient when the viewer mouses over the text for the ingredient. The ingredients are different for each product - so they are listed in the products description in the database.

When I put the <?php popup( 'ingredient here', 'info about ingredient here'); ?> into the product description, that ingredient no longer shows on the products_info.php page.

I'm hoping that I don't have to create a product_info.php content template page for each individual product in order to do this - but I'm not sure how to get the PHP in the database to do it's thing before it goes to the HTML page :huh: :blush:

~Tracy

I don't recall that tag....where do I put it?

Thanks,

Matt

AND IF IT WAS THAT SIMPLE (POW!)....

Matt, the $content tag is the tag that pulls up the stuff in the middle of a stock osCommerce store. Take a look at any of the template pages that came with the contribution and you will see how it is used.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Okay well I have now upgraded to v4.4

I am still getting the error, so I guess I have something wrong in one of the original files?????

Kate, the service packs (and/or upgrading to v4.4) would have taken care of the double header issue in your information infobox.

NOTE: The "out of the box" information infobox was "designed" with a green border just to highlight that you are now using the infobox templates for testing purposes. You should open this template and change the design to match your site. I removed the highlighting in the STS/HTC bundle version since I thought it caused confusion. :'(

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Is there a way to have PHP in the database with the product_description?

I am trying to use the overlib script to cause a pop-up about each ingredient when the viewer mouses over the text for the ingredient. The ingredients are different for each product - so they are listed in the products description in the database.

When I put the <?php popup( 'ingredient here', 'info about ingredient here'); ?> into the product description, that ingredient no longer shows on the products_info.php page.

I'm hoping that I don't have to create a product_info.php content template page for each individual product in order to do this - but I'm not sure how to get the PHP in the database to do it's thing before it goes to the HTML page :huh: :blush:

Wow Tracy...you always ask the toughest questions! Sorry, but I'll have to digest this one for awhile before getting back to you. Maybe someone else understands better what you are trying to do? :blink:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kate, the service packs (and/or upgrading to v4.4) would have taken care of the double header issue in your information infobox.

NOTE: The "out of the box" information infobox was "designed" with a green border just to highlight that you are now using the infobox templates for testing purposes. You should open this template and change the design to match your site. I removed the highlighting in the STS/HTC bundle version since I thought it caused confusion. :'(

Sorry Bill I'm still confused. Which file do I need to be looking at? Is it the boxes/infobox_information.php.html? If it's this one, I can't see what part of the file I could edit to change the green bit. :huh:

So far I have only editted the boxes/infobox.php.html - that made everything else the way I want it.

Sorry Bill I'm still confused. Which file do I need to be looking at? Is it the boxes/infobox_information.php.html? If it's this one, I can't see what part of the file I could edit to change the green bit. :huh:

So far I have only editted the boxes/infobox.php.html - that made everything else the way I want it.

Oh, I see what you mean. But that's not the problem. I was not using the infobox_information.php.html file before. That has got rid of the double header bit but I am still stuck with a little green boxes on either side on the title with the stars in them.

Kate, In STS, you can have either one template to cover every page in your store, or you can create templates for specific pages. It's all up to you.

With that said, the infobox templates work the same way. You should consider the "infobox.php.html" the default template for all infoboxes unless you specifically create a separate infobox template using the name of the infobox you are trying to template such as is the case with the infobox_information.php.html template.

So...in theory, you could just delete the infobox_information.php.html template and the "information.php" infobox will now take on the look of the default infobox template "infobox.php.html". Pretty cool huh? STS gives you as much control as you want or don't want over individual pages and infoboxes.

OK. Now that we got that out of the way...to gid rid of the ugly green around your information.php.html infobox, just edit bgcolor="#00FF00" to whatever color you like or remove this code completely. You may wish to edit your templates in a WYSIWYG editor to visually see these changes.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions