• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Bill99,

I can not say this strongly enough...please be careful relying on comments regarding STS that are older than August of 2006. Also, be sure you know which version of STS they are commenting on.

The older versions of STS made a lot of modifications to the PHP files causing several issues when trying to install other contributions, getting JavaScript, Flash and other web techniques to work and even payment issues like the one you described in your post.

STS version 4.1 and higher was completely "redesigned" and most of the older rules do not apply.

STS does not effect your payment options at all unless you or a contribution you installed added/changed code and is causing the problem.

You can easily turn STS off in the admin under the modules section. This is one of the many big differences between the newer and older versions of STS.

Hope this has helped you out. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Hi All,

I am nearing the end of building our store. I'm using OSC2 MS2 with toe following contributions: STS 4.3; SEO URL's; discount coupon codes;

I was hoping to add the Worldpay payment gateway as our main payment processing gateway but I've seen some rather unsettling articles on the forums about STS and Wroldpay not working together. The issue as I understand it is that the Worldpay call back requires that the file it runs NOT use an STS template as STS removes some required information returned by Worldpay in the header.

In any event the solution I've seen proposed involves a small code to change to disable use of templates. This involves modifying the sts_display_output.php file. Most of the posts I saw were relatively old and did not seem relevant to STS 4.3.3 so yy questions are this:

2) What is the correct way to disable the use of templates for a specific file. The solution posted on the forums was this:

If I use this method then I should be able to set $notemplate = "YES" in any module that I do not require to use STS templates.

However I tried this and it appears to suppress the output of the template file but it does not display anything else either - just a blank screen. Therefore can someone tell if this is indeed the correct way to suppress template use on a per file basis in STS 4.3.3

2) Does anyone have STS and Worldpay working nicely together? It would be reassuring to know that at least it can be done!

I'd really appreciate any input on this issue.

Many thanks

Bill

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

As my client has requested, I am beginning to customize the material that makes up the $content variable contents. But the php files which cobble the data together are a mess in terms of presentation and styling. Is there a way that STS'ers have tackled this? Is there a clean way to do it without mucking around with the actual php files? ...an additional contribution perhaps?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Sam, if you are using a newer version of STS you could make a content template and see if that works for you. There are instructions in the STS User Manual. The most recent version of STS is 4.3.3.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Ok - We found the fix to this problem (YAY!!!) - but I would still appreciate it if someone could review the list of files that Hide Products and Categories from Customer Groups for SPPC modifies and let me know if there are any sts v4.2 that I should be editing as well ;)

Thanks!

Tracy, I took a look and yes, there are a few files on your list that have been modified by STSv4.2 but I do not see any reason why STS would cause you any problems unless you delete the code in those files inserted by STSv4.2.

I see that you found a fix to your checkout button problem but what other problems are you having?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi all

I got my shop working pretty well except the Click To Enlarge that does not work when i have sts enabled. i get a javascript error when i click, I searched for a solution and I have <!--$headcontent--> in all of the pages, I also checked my header.php but couldn't figure what to do in there, does anyone have an idea

Tnx alot :thumbsup:

Artico,

Try using only the "test" STS template folder, and only the "sts_template.html" template file for all pages. The code in this template has everything needed for the "click to enlarge" popup to work.

If you do the above and it still does not work, here are some possible problems with your shop:

1. The default location of the stock osCommerce JavaScript file has been changed
  2. A contribution that adds JavaScript such as a navigational menu is conflicting with the default JavaScript file
  3. Use Search Friendly URLS has been turned on in the osCommerce admin under My Store

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tracy, I took a look and yes, there are a few files on your list that have been modified by STSv4.2 but I do not see any reason why STS would cause you any problems unless you delete the code in those files inserted by STSv4.2.

I see that you found a fix to your checkout button problem but what other problems are you having?

At the moment I don't appear to be having problems with that contrib anymore (YAY!!) - but I thought it best to ask since it was written to also make sure that people can't just type things into the URL bar and get around the code - etc... I know I can try my best to test things - but inevitably I won't think to try something that somebody else will try and then I'll learn the hard way that something isn't functioning right - LOL So figured I'd make sure whether or not you felt I should modify any of the STS files to ensure smooth functioning with the Hide Products for SPPC contrib ;)

~Tracy

Hi all

I got my shop working pretty well except the Click To Enlarge that does not work when i have sts enabled. i get a javascript error when i click, I searched for a solution and I have <!--$headcontent--> in all of the pages, I also checked my header.php but couldn't figure what to do in there, does anyone have an idea

Tnx alot :thumbsup:

I just came to search the forum to try to figure this out because I'm having the same problem.

My site: Medieval Swords

I just came to search the forum to try to figure this out because I'm having the same problem.
Hey bullseye09, could you tell us a little about your shop? Is this a stock osCommerce store with no modifications? If not, what contributions or changes have you made? What version of STS are you using? Has the "click to enlarge" ever worked before or did it just stop after your STS installation? Have you tried using the default "test" and "sts_template.html" folder and template?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey bullseye09, could you tell us a little about your shop? Is this a stock osCommerce store with no modifications? If not, what contributions or changes have you made? What version of STS are you using? Has the "click to enlarge" ever worked before or did it just stop after your STS installation? Have you tried using the default "test" and "sts_template.html" folder and template?

I'm using osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update. Modifications I have are UltraPics (the newest version) and STS 4.3.3. The "click to enlarge" worked fine before adding on STS and still does when I have it disabled. I have tried using the default "test" and "sts_template.html" folder and template but it still doesn't work.

My site: Medieval Swords

I'm using osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update. Modifications I have are UltraPics (the newest version) and STS 4.3.3. The "click to enlarge" worked fine before adding on STS and still does when I have it disabled. I have tried using the default "test" and "sts_template.html" folder and template but it still doesn't work.
Adam, the problem lies with integrading STS with UltraPics. The Ultra Pics contribution modifies the popup image so you will need to add some code for the two to work together. Try doing a seach on Google such as the following:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "ultrapic" "sts"

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill99,

I can not say this strongly enough...please be careful relying on comments regarding STS that are older than August of 2006. Also, be sure you know which version of STS they are commenting on.

The older versions of STS made a lot of modifications to the PHP files causing several issues when trying to install other contributions, getting JavaScript, Flash and other web techniques to work and even payment issues like the one you described in your post.

STS version 4.1 and higher was completely "redesigned" and most of the older rules do not apply.

STS does not effect your payment options at all unless you or a contribution you installed added/changed code and is causing the problem.

You can easily turn STS off in the admin under the modules section. This is one of the many big differences between the newer and older versions of STS.

Hope this has helped you out. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Thanks for the Reply,

Point taken re: older version of STS. I'll put the Worldpay module in then and see how it goes. I'm running the latest version of sts (4.3.3) so hopefully what appeared to be an issue in the past (with the Worldpay call-back not working) will simply not apply any more (fingers crossed).

One question investigating this did raise for me was this: Is it possible to selectively enable or disable an individual page from being displayed using STS while having other pages use their relevant template? If I were to use the admin panel controls I can enable / disable sections of the system (info boxes, index pages etc.) or the entire system but not individul pages.

Thanks for your continued advice on this great contrib.

Regards,

Bill

Artico,

Try using only the "test" STS template folder, and only the "sts_template.html" template file for all pages. The code in this template has everything needed for the "click to enlarge" popup to work.

If you do the above and it still does not work, here are some possible problems with your shop:

1. The default location of the stock osCommerce JavaScript file has been changed
  2. A contribution that adds JavaScript such as a navigational menu is conflicting with the default JavaScript file
  3. Use Search Friendly URLS has been turned on in the osCommerce admin under My Store

Just tried this for my store and I'm still having these problems with the image pop-up...

One question investigating this did raise for me was this: Is it possible to selectively enable or disable an individual page from being displayed using STS while having other pages use their relevant template? If I were to use the admin panel controls I can enable / disable sections of the system (info boxes, index pages etc.) or the entire system but not individul pages.

Thanks for your continued advice on this great contrib.

Regards,

Bill

In catalog/includes/classes/sts.php, find the following code:
// If script name contains "popup" then turn off templates and display the normal output
 // This is required to prevent display of standard page elements (header, footer, etc) from the template and allow javascript code to run properly
 // Do not add pages here unless it is from the standard osC and really should be there. If you have a special page that you don't want with template,
 // Create a module sts_mypagename.php that returns an empty string as template filename, it will automatically switch off STS for this page.
if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart")) {
  $this->display_template_output = false;
  return;
}

Add the additional scriptname that you need STS to ingore so it will not add the header, footer, etc. For example: Your code would end up looking like this if you wanted STS to ignore the login.php script file:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "login")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart")) {
  $this->display_template_output = false;
  return;
}

You can also add any other filenames if needed.

Hope this has helped,

Bill Kellum

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just tried this for my store and I'm still having these problems with the image pop-up...
Hey Kevin, send me an email detailing your entire problem and what you have tried to resolve it. Also list any other modifications you have made to the stock osCommerce files as well any contributions you have installed. I'll take a look at what you have done so far and try to see if I can help you out with it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am posting this here after having posted it in the HTC forum since my problem may be related to STS. I am attempting to install HTCv2.6.2 after having tried twice to install STSv4.3.3 with HTC2.6.0 and failing. Here I go again.

Below is the post copied from htc forum:

Could that be the cause of my not seeing "Home Page" in my title? Other than this I dont see any problems. I just went over again all the instructions in catalog install txt and it looks like everything is as you stated. The only other diff I noticed is at the beginning of the instructions, you didnt list the box folder and its contents as needing to be uploaded but I did it anyway. The zip file I downloaded said htc v2.6.2 but inside the files it reads 2.6.0. Probably doesnt matter I suppose. I left it as it was.

--------------

When I didnt see my "home page" I went back and saw it written that sometimes with STS you need to modify the sts_display_output file. But this file doesnt include the same code.

Add to /catalog/includes/application_top.php at the end of

the file right before the last ?>

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

NOTE for STS Users: The above also applies to STS shops but does not

always work for some reason. If your STS shop fails, in your

sts_display_output.php file,

FIND

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

Do you think this could be the reason Im not seeing "home?"

Also, after uploading the database_setup file, it read something like "already installed, aborting"

Well - I'm finally at a loss again >_<

I am trying to utilize another contrib by giving it a variable ($thumbar) and calling it on the templates I want it to show up on. It is from the Thumbnail Quick Category Browse contrib by Chemo - but I'm trying to tweak it into an infoBox type thing rather than just including it on the product_info.php page as I want it on the right side of the page.

Anyway - I tried this in sts_user_code.php

$sts->start_capture();
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'thumb_bar_join.php');
$sts->restart_capture ('thumbar', 'box');

That didn't get me anywhere - so I then tried re-saving the thumb_bar_join.php file in the includes/boxes folder (renamed to thumbar.php) and tried this in both sts_user_code.php and sts_column_left.php (without the first line in the sts_column_left file)

$sts->start_capture();
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'thumbar.php');
$sts->restart_capture ('thumbar', 'box');

In all cases I had the $thumbar variable on my template. When I view source the most I can get is:

<div><p>
<!-- start thumbar //-->

<!-- end thumbar //-->
</p></div>

:(

What am I missing? I've been through the User Manual for STS v4.2 many times and I just can't seem to find what it is that I'm not doing. :blink:

In case it's needed - here is the code for modules/thumb_bar_join.php and boxes/thumbar.php (same file - different location to see if it made any difference)

/*===============================================================================
*/
define('MAX_THUMB_ROW', 1); # Number of maximum thumbs per row
define('MIN_THUMB_ROW', 1); # Minimum number of thumbs
define('TEXT_THUMB_BAR', 'Products In This Category'); # text
/*===============================================================================
=*/

# I put this up here since some people were having trouble with the $current_category_id variable
# tweak the code if it doesn't work
# Also, you might try this code:
// =============================================================
 $cPath_array = tep_parse_category_path($cPath);
 $cPath = implode('_', $cPath_array);
 $cID = $cPath_array[(sizeof($cPath_array)-1)];
//===============================================================
# If you want to use the above just uncomment and BE SURE TO
# COMMENT the below out !!!
# $cID = $current_category_id;

#####################################
#	DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT	#
#####################################

# define the column select list
$column_list = 'p2c.products_id, p2c.categories_id, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_ordered';

# set the raw query
$raw_query = "SELECT DISTINCT ".$column_list." FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES." p2c, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." p WHERE p2c.categories_id='".$cID."' AND p2c.products_id=p.products_id AND p.products_master_status='1' ORDER BY p.products_sort_order asc";

# initiate the splitPageResults class
$listing_split = new splitPageResults(strtolower($raw_query), MAX_THUMB_ROW, 'p2c.products_id');

# execute the query
$query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > MIN_THUMB_ROW) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > MIN_THUMB_ROW) ){ // only output the content box if there are more than the minimum

# set the page
	$_page = ( isset($_GET['page']) 
				&& tep_not_null($_GET['page']) 
					&& is_numeric($_GET['page']) 
						&& $_GET['page'] > 1 
							? '&page=' . (int)$_GET['page'] 
								: '');

# initialize the array for the header box									
	$info_box_header = array();
	# set the array content - heading
	$info_box_header[] = array('text' => TEXT_THUMB_BAR);
	# initialize the contentBoxHeading 
	new contentBoxHeading($info_box_header);

# initialize the array for the content box
	$info_box_contents = array();

# loop the array
	while ( $tmp = tep_db_fetch_array($query) ){
		# get the product name - can also be pulled from a join in raw query
		$tmp['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($tmp['products_id']);			

# populate the content box array - row 0 is the product name
		$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
												'params' => 'class="smallText" valign="top"',
												'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $tmp['products_id'] . $_page) . '">' . $tmp['products_name'] . '</a>');

# populate the content box array - row 1 is the image
		$info_box_contents[1][] = array('align' => 'center',
												'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $tmp['products_id'] .  $_page) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $tmp['products_image'], $tmp['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>');

# populate the content box array - row 2 is the price
		$info_box_contents[2][] = array('align' => 'center',
												'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $tmp['products_id'] . $_page) . '">' . $currencies->display_price($tmp['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($tmp['products_id'])) . '</a>');
	}	

# initialize the contentBox
	new contentBox($info_box_contents);	

} # end if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > MIN_THUMB_ROW) )

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > MIN_THUMB_ROW) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Any ideas what I'm missing? Thank you

~Tracy

Well - I'm finally at a loss again >_<

I am trying to utilize another contrib by giving it a variable ($thumbar) and calling it on the templates I want it to show up on. It is from the Thumbnail Quick Category Browse contrib by Chemo - but I'm trying to tweak it into an infoBox type thing rather than just including it on the product_info.php page as I want it on the right side of the page.

Any ideas what I'm missing? Thank you

Figured out what I'm missing - LOL The contrib only lists the products in the current category - but doesn't look for products in sub-categories of the current category. I put the $thumbar on a subcategory page and I got the list - not quite formatted the way I want it - but at least I konw the STS side is working! :thumbsup:

Any ideas on how to tweak it so that it shows me all the products within the current category AND any subcategories of the current category? :blush:

Thanks!

~Tracy

I am posting this here after having posted it in the HTC forum since my problem may be related to STS. I am attempting to install HTCv2.6.2 after having tried twice to install STSv4.3.3 with HTC2.6.0 and failing. Here I go again.

Below is the post copied from htc forum:

Could that be the cause of my not seeing "Home Page" in my title? Other than this I dont see any problems. I just went over again all the instructions in catalog install txt and it looks like everything is as you stated. The only other diff I noticed is at the beginning of the instructions, you didnt list the box folder and its contents as needing to be uploaded but I did it anyway. The zip file I downloaded said htc v2.6.2 but inside the files it reads 2.6.0. Probably doesnt matter I suppose. I left it as it was.

--------------

When I didnt see my "home page" I went back and saw it written that sometimes with STS you need to modify the sts_display_output file. But this file doesnt include the same code.

Add to /catalog/includes/application_top.php at the end of

the file right before the last ?>

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

NOTE for STS Users: The above also applies to STS shops but does not

always work for some reason. If your STS shop fails, in your

sts_display_output.php file,

FIND

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

Do you think this could be the reason Im not seeing "home?"

Also, after uploading the database_setup file, it read something like "already installed, aborting"

Never mind. I figured it out.

Hi!

I have the latest STS package installed, the BDP and used the show sub categories contribution. I have 2 problems:

1) the click to enlarge does'nt work. I checked on test with sts_template, it still does'nt work. I have pictures still from the original osCommerce when I installed it.Do I need to reinstall thepictures for it to work?

2) the content template product_info.php_26.html doesn't show the contents at all. I have installed it in my own folder under folder content. I loaded the product_info.php_26.html under product info "files for normal template and files for content template. I had it also under default "files for nomral template". What I am missing?

Please any suggestion will be highly apreciated.

Edited by star8

Hi bkellum

thanks for the help, I will try to install a fresh copy of the store and pay attention to the popup issue (mayB there is an addon that can replace the standard popup script?).

can I change the way products R displayed ? I tried to search but I don't really know what to search (content, product....) :-"

The product_info.php page can be customized by creating one or more content templates. There is an example with product id 26, when using template set "full". The product info module must be enabled in admin. More informations available in the manual

@star8:

You should not list your templates in the admin, under "Files for normal templates" nor "Files for content templates". STS finds the corresponding templates according to their filename. Remember that to get templates for product info page, you must enable the product info module in admin.

- Rigadin

The product_info.php page can be customized by creating one or more content templates. There is an example with product id 26, when using template set "full". The product info module must be enabled in admin. More informations available in the manual

@star8:

You should not list your templates in the admin, under "Files for normal templates" nor "Files for content templates". STS finds the corresponding templates according to their filename. Remember that to get templates for product info page, you must enable the product info module in admin.

- Rigadin

thanx rigadin2, I didn't meant the product page it self, I'm trying to change the way the product shown in the category page (I already use the index.php.html for the overall look of the page) I just don't understand how OSC/STS build the product strips and how to change them to my own design

product.jpg

Tnx again

The product listing is built in includes/modules/product_listing.php and for now there is no STS way to change its look. Look at contribution 112 if you want to display your products in columns.

- Rigadin

The product listing is built in includes/modules/product_listing.php and for now there is no STS way to change its look. Look at contribution 112 if you want to display your products in columns.

- Rigadin

Hi Rigadin

Tnx for the help, any recommended contributions (I dont even know what word to search for in the contribution section).