• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Gins, the big reason “a number of other people” have had this problem ended up being user error on their part. :blush: Either not uploading all of the files, not including the required HTML and tags in the top of each template file, bad FTP upload, etc.

What did you do different between the two sites? Obviously, which you already know this, it isn't in the contribution since one site worked but the other didn't. :thumbsup:

So you need to focus on what is different between the two sites. Start with the template itself. Do both templates have the required code at the top? You can see what is required by looking at the "sts_blank_template.html" file. You need to have <!--headcontent--> for sure.

Also, are you running any custom JavaScripts in the template or any of the PHP pages? This could be the culprit. Check that you did not get sloppy and therefore inserted the script in the wrong place, thinking "if it aint broke, don't fix it". Well, when your mixing PHP, HTML and other variables such as Flash and JavaScript, there is no room for error. "Your sins will find you out." Sorry, didn't mean to preach at ya. :-

Check on those things and then PLEASE post the solution, no matter how embarrassing. :blush: It does help others from making the same mistake.

I hope you get it worked out soon.

Ive checked the head tags, ive checked the search engine safe urls, ive checked the one javascript added to the template (which I also tried removing to see if it was the problem), yet I still can not get my pop-up images to work. Did I miss something in this thread where there was another solution?

So you have the JS in the header of your html page (generated by the php script)? Then problem can be the link. What is the html code of the link to the popup? Does it have the product ID in it?

So you have the JS in the header of your html page (generated by the php script)? Then problem can be the link. What is the html code of the link to the popup? Does it have the product ID in it?

The added java is just the call for an external file which handles the rollover images in the nav. It it placed within the body of the sts template file I use.

The link to pop-up does have the ID in it and it looks fine.

The site is located here: http://www.hugesock.com/index.php

There is a small mistake written in this forum...

The tag in header must be <!--$headcontent-->, with a dollar. Change this on your template and try again.

Look at the source code of the page, do you see any JS for opening a popup window? the $headcontent should not appear in html.

checked the code, the java is there....

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow',& #39;toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>
<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

dont know whats going wrong.

i've just updated my sts/htc install to 4.3.2 with HTC 2.6.0, added sp3 (sts4.3.3) and it works great.

My question is, i'm not clear on where to set and pass the variables for other installed mods like B2B pricing and PDF datasheet when using the content template.

all of these work fine when using the standard sts templates with product_info.php.

i would like to use the content template and integrate them into it.

when using the content template i get:

-------------------------------------------------

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /Library/WebServer/Documents/BEI-DEV/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php on line 20 and defined in /Library/WebServer/Documents/BEI-DEV/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

-------------------------------------------------

this happens only when using the content template. without content template sts handles special B2B pricing just fine. i am assuming it is because of the missing price variables in the content template or moduels/sts_inc/productinfo.php. odd part is B2B is set to show "Must log in for prices" when not logged in and that displays correctly. when logged in it shows a "$0" price.

can anyone help clarify the documentation on this?

thanks,

dennis

Hi All,

I'm using osc2 MS2 latest release. I have installed the following contributions: uk-customisation; STS4.3; discount coupon codes; SEO Url's;

Everything appears to be working OK - it's just me that isn't :blink:

I would like to have a custom stpore homepage which displays generic information about the store and displays an image (which may be a short animation at some point as well). The point is that I want this to appear only on the store homepage. I can't figure out which templates I need to make / or alter to achieve this effect. If I use a 'defualt' template then obviously my image appears on all pages.

So I looked at making an 'index.php.html' template. This looks more promising but it looks like this template is not just used for the home page of the site bu also when a category is selected for example.

Can anyone suggest how I can make a custom homepage using STS please.

Many thanks,

Bill

Hi All,

I'm using osc2 MS2 latest release. I have installed the following contributions: uk-customisation; STS4.3; discount coupon codes; SEO Url's;

Everything appears to be working OK - it's just me that isn't :blink:

I would like to have a custom stpore homepage which displays generic information about the store and displays an image (which may be a short animation at some point as well). The point is that I want this to appear only on the store homepage. I can't figure out which templates I need to make / or alter to achieve this effect. If I use a 'defualt' template then obviously my image appears on all pages.

So I looked at making an 'index.php.html' template. This looks more promising but it looks like this template is not just used for the home page of the site bu also when a category is selected for example.

Can anyone suggest how I can make a custom homepage using STS please.

Many thanks,

Bill

Apologies for posting this twice. First attempt didn't appear at all and then there were two! Sorry

Edited by bill99

No, you will need the modified_files as well since the HTC files are tightly intergrated into the bundled contribution. You also need to run the database script included in the contribution and be sure you set the correct permissions as well.

I copied files from STSv4.3.3 w/HTCs modified_files and new_files and am still getting this error:

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Im getting ready to uninstall again; I cant have this on my web site! Any additional last minute suggestions before I do so?

Thank You

I copied files from STSv4.3.3 w/HTCs modified_files and new_files and am still getting this error:

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Im getting ready to uninstall again; I cant have this on my web site! Any additional last minute suggestions before I do so?

Thank You

I just realized that I installed STSv4.3.2 with HTC 2.6.0 over STSv4.3.3. Could this be why Im having these problems?

bill99,

Try the following:

For your "home page", use index.php_0.html

For your default page, you would use index.php.html

Hope this helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I just realized that I installed STSv4.3.2 with HTC 2.6.0 over STSv4.3.3. Could this be why Im having these problems?
Rumi, that depends upon how you did the install. Did you copy the entire files over from the STSv4.3.2 contribution or did you only paste in the code manually? Either way, cross reference your files in a file checker with the files in the STSv4.3.3 with HTCv2.6.0 contribution.

By the way, did you configure HTC to work with STS in the admin panel?

From the Installation Manual:

Go to your admin panel, modules, STS.

*For each module installed, add “headertags.php” (without the quotes) to the list of files to include.

For example:

• For the default module, you have a parameter named “Files for normal template”. By default it contains only “sts_user_code.php”. If you modify this parameter to “sts_user_code.php;headertags.php”, you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template. Do the same for the other modules below.

• For the index module, the parameter is called “Files for index.php template”.

• For “product_info module”, there are 2 parameters:

“Files for normal template”

“Files for content template”.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

checked the code, the java is there....

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow',& #39;toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>
<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

dont know whats going wrong.

Kevin, I think you are having trouble because your template path for the JavaScript is not coming through in the link.

Post your STS Template file and we will take a look. Also, you mentioned that you did the Search Engine Safe URLs thing but what did you do? If it is "on", try turning off Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) which is in the MY STORE page of Configuring your catalog.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kevin, I think you are having trouble because your template path for the JavaScript is not coming through in the link.

Post your STS Template file and we will take a look. Also, you mentioned that you did the Search Engine Safe URLs thing but what did you do? If it is "on", try turning off Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) which is in the MY STORE page of Configuring your catalog.

The Search Engine Safe Url's are turned off.

My template file is located here: - http://hugesock.com/temp/ i uploaded the folder so u could view the file. The actual one I use is located in the correct STS templates folder inside the includes directory.

The Search Engine Safe Url's are turned off.

My template file is located here: - http://hugesock.com/temp/ i uploaded the folder so u could view the file. The actual one I use is located in the correct STS templates folder inside the includes directory.

Kevin, the problem is not with your template. By the way, what version of STS are you using? Sorry if you mentioned this before.

You are getting a syntax error on the page that is most likely related to the JavaScript file.

Next step? I would compare your product_info.php, with a stock osC to see what you may have changed.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kevin, the problem is not with your template. By the way, what version of STS are you using? Sorry if you mentioned this before.

You are getting a syntax error on the page that is most likely related to the JavaScript file.

Next step? I would compare your product_info.php, with a stock osC to see what you may have changed.

Im using 4.2.

bill99,

Try the following:

For your "home page", use index.php_0.html

For your default page, you would use index.php.html

Hope this helps you out,

Bill Kellum

Thanks very much. this has worked well. I just needed to enable the 'index templates' in the admin section for the STS module. Without this enabled the index.php_0.html file was not being picked up but the index.php.html was.

Thanks again,

Bill

Hi bill, everyone....

Has there ever been any issues with STS or HTC having an effect with the sub-total amounts or the 'reports-customer orter-totals' as I'm having problems with both and wondering what is causing it.

Thanks

Becki

Thanks very much. this has worked well. I just needed to enable the 'index templates' in the admin section for the STS module. Without this enabled the index.php_0.html file was not being picked up but the index.php.html was.

Thanks again,

Bill

Yes, that is what you would need to do to implement specific index templates. Glad it is now working for you. :rolleyes:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Rumi, that depends upon how you did the install. Did you copy the entire files over from the STSv4.3.2 contribution or did you only paste in the code manually? Either way, cross reference your files in a file checker with the files in the STSv4.3.3 with HTCv2.6.0 contribution.

By the way, did you configure HTC to work with STS in the admin panel?

From the Installation Manual:

Go to your admin panel, modules, STS.

*For each module installed, add “headertags.php” (without the quotes) to the list of files to include.

For example:

• For the default module, you have a parameter named “Files for normal template”. By default it contains only “sts_user_code.php”. If you modify this parameter to “sts_user_code.php;headertags.php”, you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template. Do the same for the other modules below.

• For the index module, the parameter is called “Files for index.php template”.

• For “product_info module”, there are 2 parameters:

“Files for normal template”

“Files for content template”.

Hi Bill, I think the admin part was working fine, it was just the other stuff. I just removed it because I was frustrated not to get it working a second time. Im now looking at following nics advice about installing just the catalog side of HTC.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, you can follow the directions but be careful because their is some really bad advice in that thread. Remember, in order for galleries.php.html to work, you need an actual galleries.php file. Like the thread points out, the easiest way to do this is to copy conditions.php and then rename it to galleries.php and make the noted edits.

**There is also a contribution out there that will create new pages for you and make sure the required PHP code is in place called "Unlimited Pages". :thumbsup:

if you dont mind me asking... what is this contribution called?

Hi all

just installed the latest OScommerce and the latest STS, i followed all the instructions I could findand all I got was this (picture).

OSC.jpg

is there any start point I can look for to solve this prob ? or any step by step guide to aid such beginers like me :blush:

Im all fresh in oscommerce so please be eazy on me :P .

tnx for any help

Hi all

just installed the latest OScommerce and the latest STS, i followed all the instructions I could findand all I got was this (picture).

OSC.jpg

is there any start point I can look for to solve this prob ? or any step by step guide to aid such beginers like me :blush:

Im all fresh in oscommerce so please be eazy on me :P .

tnx for any help

i am a beginner myself... Read the user manual that comes with sts that helps alot. Now for the whole $cartcontent and stuff add a # at the end and those boxes will show "$cartcontent#"... however it seems like u did everything right. I dont get what seems to be wrong though.