• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi all.

I did a clean reinstall of all the mods I want to use and was able to get STS 4 w/header tags to work without a problem. I can create template folders and select them in admin now (wouldn't work before) and I have taken some time to reread the user manual that comes with this mod.

I still cannot seem to modify my product info content page. It will not add the contents to the cart. I have the content folder and used the included prod_26 template as a guide and something within that template does not work correctly. I have the $startform$ & $endform$ place holders, but i noticed the template is made using <tbody> tags. What is causing the template not to work & how can I correct it? I would really like to change the look of the content on the product page.

Thanks!

Clesha

Hi,

Im getting ready to install HTCv2.6.1 on STSv4.3.3. My question is whether it is advisable to upload this contribution seperately or whether I should use the STS v4.3.3 with Header Tag Controller Contribution. Or, whether it matters. The only other contribution I have installed is PayPal IPNv1.4.

Just checking to make sure I dont mess things up at this point in the game!

Hi,

Im getting ready to install HTCv2.6.1 on STSv4.3.3. My question is whether it is advisable to upload this contribution seperately or whether I should use the STS v4.3.3 with Header Tag Controller Contribution. Or, whether it matters. The only other contribution I have installed is PayPal IPNv1.4.

Just checking to make sure I dont mess things up at this point in the game!

Marion, STS users can not install HTC according to the instructions in the HTC contribution. It simply will not work. You need a special STS add-on module to make the two work together. This module is included in the STSv4.3.3 & HTCv2.6.0 Bundle on the STS4 Power Pack contribution download site. To install HTC on your own, you will need the STS Module, you will install the HTC admin side completely and install only a few files from the catalog side of the HTC contribution. Once all of the files are in place, run the Database Script from the HTC contribution and then you will need to add "headertags.php" to the list of files to include in the STS Module admin panel.

It's not really hard but there are a lot of lines of code to copy over from the HTC contribution which leaves plenty of room for error.

If you already have STSv4.3.3 installed, I suggest using a file compare utility such as Beyond Compare and only bring over the files that you are missing from the Bundle that I created. That would be very easy for you to do. Then all you would have to do is run the Database script that is included in the Bundle and the install would be complete. :thumbsup:

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi!

This is the second time I posted this message. I really need help with this problem.

After I removed the $catmenu# from the index.php.html , I have the empty space on the left column above the category menu of my page. I tried cause and effects through index.php.html, sts_column_left.php, I could'nt correct it. That means the category heading and the $content# has the same level while the cart menu is on the higher level. How do I get to have these starting on the same level?

Any suggestions to this problem?

Thanks. :huh:

You have to look the html code of your page, there is probably a <br> or a table cell still in the page, if you have removed only the placeholder.

For example if you had this:

<tr><td>$catmenu</td></tr>

You have to remove all, not only $catmenu.

- Rigadin

Hi all.

I did a clean reinstall of all the mods I want to use and was able to get STS 4 w/header tags to work without a problem. I can create template folders and select them in admin now (wouldn't work before) and I have taken some time to reread the user manual that comes with this mod.

I still cannot seem to modify my product info content page. It will not add the contents to the cart. I have the content folder and used the included prod_26 template as a guide and something within that template does not work correctly. I have the $startform$ & $endform$ place holders, but i noticed the template is made using <tbody> tags. What is causing the template not to work & how can I correct it? I would really like to change the look of the content on the product page.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks!

Clesha

Hi all

Love this version! thank you!

I have played around with it several time and donot like what I create. lol

was courious if anyone has a nice template that i could get with instrutions ? I would be willing to pay if I need to.

Hi,

I was posting last week regarding the nav bars which i was getting confused with, I have now have used the placeholders as the links fpor the mouseover buttons etc which seems to work great (SID passed along etc etc): Code for mouseovers is in the template.

such as

<div align="center"><a href="$urlcataloglogo#" target="_top" onClick="MM_nbGroup('down','group1','Home','',1)" onMouseOver="MM_nbGroup('over','Home','images/navbar/cobalt%20blue%20over_1.gif','',1)" onMouseOut="MM...............

I hope this is a sensible way of doing it?

Thanks

Becki

Is the latest release compatible with PHP 5?
You should probably post this in a different forum since it is not directly related to STS but osCommerce in general. Harold posted some info recently regarding PHP 5. As a start, it would probably benefit you to check out his blog. (look under the NETWORK tab in the upper right corner of this page)

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi all

Love this version! thank you!

I have played around with it several time and donot like what I create. lol

was courious if anyone has a nice template that i could get with instrutions ? I would be willing to pay if I need to.

Ted, keep in mind, you can just about use any HTML/Flash/etc template available on the web, just add the STS code from the blank template and insert your STS tags where you want your osCommerce stuff and you are all set. Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Clesha, do you have any other contributions installed such as a payment or orders contribution? If so, check and see if they are conflicting with the product_info.php file and what STS does.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Clesha, do you have any other contributions installed such as a payment or orders contribution? If so, check and see if they are conflicting with the product_info.php file and what STS does.

Hi Bill.

The shop works fine as long as I don't turn on the Product Info portion of the mod. When I do, the add to cart button doesn't work within the template. When I did get it to work on an old shop, the button finally went to the shop, but didn't add the products. I was never able to figure out what caused the problem and gave up on it. I would really like to get this to work correctly because I hate the way the products page is being displayed.

These are the mods I have installed:

sppc

hide products

best sellers

happy hour

price break

specials by catergory

quick updates

easy populate

ccgv

cvv

free shipping

cash on pickup

points rewards

danglind carrot

bundled products

x-sell

sts 4.3

Thanks!

Clesha

Hi, I am a newbie...

I just installed STS4.2 with HT2.5.9

got an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /backup/helmyan3/public_html/catalog/includes/header.php on line 13

Why am I getting this error?

I used manual update because I have some contributions already running.

Thank you inadvance!

I too have a simular problem

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/fhlinux178/s/mydomain.co.uk/user/htdocs/includes/header.php on line 14

Completely new install from OSComm and STS4, haven't made any changes other than what was asked of me.

I'm getting quite frustrated as it all seemed so easy at first.

Lorna

i want to change the heading for the manufactures side box to an image, normally i know u would change it english.php

ie:

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Manufacturers');

But with STS 4.1 this has no effect and i don't want to use "use template for infoboxes".

Where can i change the heading(s), i can't find it anywhere???!!

thanks

s

I posted this thread in templates and images too

i want to change the heading for the manufactures side box to an image, normally i know u would change it english.php

ie:

define('BOX_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Manufacturers');

But with STS 4.1 this has no effect and i don't want to use "use template for infoboxes".

Where can i change the heading(s), i can't find it anywhere???!!

thanks

I posted this thread in templates and images too

Looks like i figured it out, I had cache turned on in admin, it was loading the cache only for manufactures cause of this code in sts_column_left.php:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

Hopefully somebody is helped from this...

thanks.

suniel

I dont know if this is a STS issue or not but think probably so. I have STSv4.3.3 with a simple template file for every page. Im using all css and div tags for layout and Im not using the infoboxes nor the content folder templates. I added the HTC v2.6.0 that came bundled with STS AFTER having already installed STS. This is when I noticed the proble (shown below) in my source code (but its not present when Im looking at code with notepad). In my tags I do not use a right column or any tables. Just div tags for wrapper, menu (inline), container, content, and footer--thats it.

..............TOP OF PAGE HERE..............

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

..............THEN MY NORMAL CODE HERE.....................

Hope someone can help me with this---thanks

I dont know if this is a STS issue or not but think probably so. I have STSv4.3.3 with a simple template file for every page. Im using all css and div tags for layout and Im not using the infoboxes nor the content folder templates. I added the HTC v2.6.0 that came bundled with STS AFTER having already installed STS. This is when I noticed the proble (shown below) in my source code (but its not present when Im looking at code with notepad). In my tags I do not use a right column or any tables. Just div tags for wrapper, menu (inline), container, content, and footer--thats it.

..............TOP OF PAGE HERE..............

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

Fixed. There was a line missing in includes/application_bottom.

..............THEN MY NORMAL CODE HERE.....................

Hope someone can help me with this---thanks

After re-installing htc v2.6.0 with stsv4.3.3 Im getting this error. Ive looked at the sts_display_output file on line 21 but not sure how to ammend it.

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

After re-installing htc v2.6.0 with stsv4.3.3 Im getting this error. Ive looked at the sts_display_output file on line 21 but not sure how to ammend it.

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Recheck your installation to be sure you have installed each of the files in the contribution.

Also, check your permissions according to the instructions in the contribution.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I too have a simular problem

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/fhlinux178/s/mydomain.co.uk/user/htdocs/includes/header.php on line 14

Completely new install from OSComm and STS4, haven't made any changes other than what was asked of me.

I'm getting quite frustrated as it all seemed so easy at first.

Lorna

Lorna, it appears you did not do all of the modifications, especially in the application_top.php and application_bottom.php files. Use a compare utility such as Beyond Compare to compare your stores files with the files in the contribution to be sure you are making all of the changes.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Recheck your installation to be sure you have installed each of the files in the contribution.

Also, check your permissions according to the instructions in the contribution.

I'll check again. Just for clarity Bill, I only copied the new_files_only--this is correct?

I previously had stsv4.3.3 and didnt see instructions for upgrading from a previous version.

many thanks.

I'll check again. Just for clarity Bill, I only copied the new_files_only--this is correct?

I previously had stsv4.3.3 and didnt see instructions for upgrading from a previous version.

many thanks.

No, you will need the modified_files as well since the HTC files are tightly intergrated into the bundled contribution. You also need to run the database script included in the contribution and be sure you set the correct permissions as well. Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

No, you will need the modified_files as well since the HTC files are tightly intergrated into the bundled contribution. You also need to run the database script included in the contribution and be sure you set the correct permissions as well.

Good to know. I will upload the other files now. Thank You