• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution

mpiscopo

Like everyone else, I'm a bit confused by what is meant by the "Load Categories" option in the Prerequisites of this add-on.

Reviewing the QuickBooks help documentation, the only reference to Categories is "Accounts" (help document is listed as "How to work with accounts (categories)".

I'm wondering if this is what Bogdan is referring to when it comes to the Load Categories option. You can export the Chart of Accounts much like the Item List. Reviewing the code in the file didn't tell me much (of course, I'm not really a programmer). Hopefully Bogdan so verify if this is correct or not.

Hi travistubbs,

Some peoples may use diffrent categories names in QB than they are using in OsCommerce.

For this came the "Load Categories" option which makes a match between QB and OsCommerce categories which then are used in import/export processes.If you have the same names in both parts, you can skip this.

Hope this answers your question,

Bogdan

Hi monikart,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in .... \admin\includes\classes\order.php on line 53

Regarding this error, i don't know wich can be the cause, maybe if you can send me the file,

i will be able to respond what is wrong there.

About the second,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplebox() in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1474\as.moneyframes

you forgot a step in readme file.See step 4), ii) around line 115.

Regards,

Bogdan

• 4 weeks later...

can any one help i am getting this error

q_to_o_categories' doesn't exist

i deleted this part of the sql file and when i delete the sql files to start again

it says

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE quickbooks_configuration(

configuration_id int( 11 ) ,

configuration_key varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL ,

configuration_value varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL ,

configuration_title varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL ,

configuration_description varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL ,

set_function varchar( 255 ) ,

sort_order int( 11 ) ,

date_added datetime NOT NULL ,

last_modified datetime NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( configuration_id )

);

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'quickbooks_configuration' already exists

Hi,

In the sql file it creates a table called 'q_to_categories'.

You need to rerun the sql file or if this fails only the part where this table is created.

The sql script does not check for table if it exists and it fails if you already have it.

Because of this you need to see what has imported(by comparing your db with the sql file) and what remains to update from the sql and run only those who remain to be updated.

Or simpler, revert to a backup and rerun the sql file.

Regards,

Bogdan

can any one help i am getting this error

q_to_o_categories' doesn't exist

i deleted this part of the sql file and when i delete the sql files to start again

it says

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE quickbooks_configuration(

configuration_id int( 11 ) ,

configuration_key varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL ,

configuration_value varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL ,

configuration_title varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL ,

configuration_description varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL ,

set_function varchar( 255 ) ,

sort_order int( 11 ) ,

date_added datetime NOT NULL ,

last_modified datetime NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( configuration_id )

);

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'quickbooks_configuration' already exists

Any update on the balancing issue? Everything else seems to import correct, but everytime a customer is imported I am prompted with "The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form."

I am flat out confused as to what this means or what this is referring to. I have read through this thread several times searching for an answer and cannot figure it out :-/. I double checked the strip_tags in order.php and it is definitely there.

I know on case in which you can get that the transaction is not in balance.

For example i know that in an order you have the sum of each item (or subtotal) + shipping + taxes not equal to the order total, QB will say the transaction is not in balance.

Going from this can make a check on the amounts.Just an idea.

Regards,

Bogdan

Any update on the balancing issue? Everything else seems to import correct, but everytime a customer is imported I am prompted with "The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form."

I am flat out confused as to what this means or what this is referring to. I have read through this thread several times searching for an answer and cannot figure it out :-/. I double checked the strip_tags in order.php and it is definitely there.

I know on case in which you can get that the transaction is not in balance.

For example i know that in an order you have the sum of each item (or subtotal) + shipping + taxes not equal to the order total, QB will say the transaction is not in balance.

Going from this can make a check on the amounts.Just an idea.

Regards,

Bogdan

function query($order_id) {
     global $languages_id;

$order_id = tep_db_prepare_input($order_id);
     $order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_telephone, delivery_fax, delivery_email_address, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_telephone, billing_fax, billing_email_address, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_ccv, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, ipaddy, ipisp,  last_modified, payment_id,cc_start,cc_issue from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
     $order = tep_db_fetch_array($order_query);

$totals_query = tep_db_query("select title, text from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' order by sort_order");

$order_total_query = tep_db_query("select text from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' and class = 'ot_total'");
     $order_total = tep_db_fetch_array($order_total_query);

$shipping_method_query = tep_db_query("select title,value from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "' and class = 'ot_shipping'");
     $shipping_method = tep_db_fetch_array($shipping_method_query);

The issue could very well be the fact that I am adapting this to creloaded. Although I found most of the find/additions to be where the readme suggested to look.

Well I tried leaving order.php unmodified and it appeared to fix the balance issue. I am not sure specifically what caused the problem as I am still trying to find it. However, I know reverting to the unmodified order.php file allowed me to import orders.

Another question: Is there a way to re-export all of the orders? I am looking for a counter, or something, that I can reset that will allow me to try testing the export function on a full scale rather than one new order at a time (if that makes sense).

i am getting this error when i click custom button

Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in /home/davie/public_html/superstore/admin/quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54

also when i export the iff file to quickbooks pro i only get the customers details no product or price info

can anyone help

sorry to be a pain but i also get this error when i press product log

Products Import Log

No. Product Name Initial Qnty Updated Qnty Loc

1054 - Unknown column 'l.products_warehouse_location' in 'field list'

select p.products_name, l.products_id, l.products_initial_quantity, l.products_actual_quantity, l.products_warehouse_location from products_description p inner join quickbooks_import_log l on p.products_id = l.products_id and p.language_id = '1' and l.quickbooks_session_id = '2' limit 0, 30

[TEP STOP]

When exporting orders from QB module all orders get status update, and them are not reexported.

To reexport them again, just se in admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php file , near line 42 the following:

$orders_sql = "SELECT orders_id FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where is_exported = 0";

Replace it with:

//$orders_sql = "SELECT orders_id FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where is_exported = 0";

$orders_sql = "SELECT orders_id FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS;

and all orders will be exported, every time though.

Regards,

Bogdan

Well I tried leaving order.php unmodified and it appeared to fix the balance issue. I am not sure specifically what caused the problem as I am still trying to find it. However, I know reverting to the unmodified order.php file allowed me to import orders.

Another question: Is there a way to re-export all of the orders? I am looking for a counter, or something, that I can reset that will allow me to try testing the export function on a full scale rather than one new order at a time (if that makes sense).

Hi,

You need to review the installation procedure.You sure missed something there in readme file(for the first problem, see the line where's says about SimpleBox).

For the other one, revise the sql script.

It alters table "products_description" to add "products_warehouse_location" field in that table.

Regards

Bogdan

sorry to be a pain but i also get this error when i press product log

Products Import Log

No. Product Name Initial Qnty Updated Qnty Loc

1054 - Unknown column 'l.products_warehouse_location' in 'field list'

select p.products_name, l.products_id, l.products_initial_quantity, l.products_actual_quantity, l.products_warehouse_location from products_description p inner join quickbooks_import_log l on p.products_id = l.products_id and p.language_id = '1' and l.quickbooks_session_id = '2' limit 0, 30

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

I set up a new store and installed this contribution for the bookkeeping aspect. Everything seems to be working properly, as far as I can tell. Everything shows fine, no error messages, etc.

Now, I started a new Quickbooks file for this new business and placed a couple test orders online to make sure everything was working.

How would I set it all up in the admin if it's a completely new store with just a couple orders? My items file just shows the tax info (in-state sale taxes as opposed to out-of-state sales).

I tried exporting the orders to QB and got the customer name in the Customers list, but nothing on the ledger as far as sales are concerned. I tried to export the orders again and nothing happened.

I am confused as to how to set it up to begin with... :blush:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Hi,

In order to run this module properly you need to keep account of 2 things:

1) Provide a file with your items from Quickbooks to Quickbooks->Prerequisites->Load Quickbooks Categories (this module will make a match between quicbkooks categories to oscommerce categories - usually they are the same, but it may happen to be different named).This is useful when updating quantities from QB to oscommerce or exporting orders from oscommerce and import to QB.

2) When exporting, for the moment, the application set a flag for exported orders, so next export won't reexport the orders who have been exported previously.

For example if have exported the orders once, next time when make export and no orders have been made meanwhile, the file will be empty for sure.

I'm thinkng on a new version in the coming days and any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Bogdan

Hi,

I set up a new store and installed this contribution for the bookkeeping aspect. Everything seems to be working properly, as far as I can tell. Everything shows fine, no error messages, etc.

Now, I started a new Quickbooks file for this new business and placed a couple test orders online to make sure everything was working.

How would I set it all up in the admin if it's a completely new store with just a couple orders? My items file just shows the tax info (in-state sale taxes as opposed to out-of-state sales).

I tried exporting the orders to QB and got the customer name in the Customers list, but nothing on the ledger as far as sales are concerned. I tried to export the orders again and nothing happened.

I am confused as to how to set it up to begin with... :blush:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I installed this contribution and everything works great! Thank you SO much for all your hard work!

I do have a question from a client:

Do you know if you can assign all sales product items to 46000 merchandise sales and shipping to 47000 shipping in Quickbooks?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

In order to run this module properly you need to keep account of 2 things:

1) Provide a file with your items from Quickbooks to Quickbooks->Prerequisites->Load Quickbooks Categories (this module will make a match between quicbkooks categories to oscommerce categories - usually they are the same, but it may happen to be different named).This is useful when updating quantities from QB to oscommerce or exporting orders from oscommerce and import to QB.

2) When exporting, for the moment, the application set a flag for exported orders, so next export won't reexport the orders who have been exported previously.

For example if have exported the orders once, next time when make export and no orders have been made meanwhile, the file will be empty for sure.

I'm thinkng on a new version in the coming days and any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Bogdan

Thanks for your reply. So, if I understand correctly, I have to add the categories to QuickBooks in the items list? Or do I have to add each single item separately? I don't keep inventory, really, as I make one-of-a-kind jewelry, so I am wondering what would be the easiest and clearest way to fill the items list. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

can anyone help i keep having the same problem i have over the readme file for ez quickbooks and still get the same i am not getting any errors just when i down load orders from oscommerce i get all the information for customers but no invoice and no product list is there a way of downloading the item list from oscommerce

it says when it down loads that balance is not the same would some one help

can anyone help i keep having the same problem i have over the readme file for ez quickbooks and still get the same i am not getting any errors just when i down load orders from oscommerce i get all the information for customers but no invoice and no product list is there a way of downloading the item list from oscommerce

it says when it down loads that balance is not the same would some one help

Quick question.

I'm starting with Quickbooks from scratch and I was wondering if I import orders into quickbooks will it automatically create the item for me?

Or is it better to create the item in quickbooks and then import it into OScommerce?

Hi..

I've installed this add-on. I think everthig is working good. But when I click insert button in Custom Fields, there is error message like below.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in C:\IONcontrol\IONcontrol_Web\admin\quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54"

Please advise me what I have to do..

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
Hi..

I've installed this add-on. I think everthig is working good. But when I click insert button in Custom Fields, there is error message like below.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in C:\IONcontrol\IONcontrol_Web\admin\quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54"

Please advise me what I have to do..

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

In the readme file, check line 130 ( near ii) admin/includes/classes/box.php).

If add those lines will sure solve the problem.

Kind Regards,

Bogdan

I am having the same problem with the orders.iif import into QuickBooks. ... Any sales with tax charged won't import and just show the same error message "The transaction is not in balance."

So, after setting up the whole store with the main purpose of being able to import orders into quickbooks, the client still can't import her orders into quickbooks.

All taxable orders can't just disappear from the import file.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Jeff,

In the readme file, check line 130 ( near ii) admin/includes/classes/box.php).

If add those lines will sure solve the problem.

Kind Regards,

Bogdan

I have this problem too with the custom fields and I need to get this done asap:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in /catalog/admin/quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54

but the correct lines of code are already in the box.php file.

:o

ok so i copied the code

function simpleBox($contents){
		return $this->tableBlock($contents);		
		}

into the quickbooks_custom_fields.php file and now it says:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare simplebox() (previously declared in catalog/admin/includes/classes/box.php:60) in catalog/admin/quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 51

OK so it's already declared but it's not defined?

or it's a function and not a method?

frick i need this thing to work lol!

anybody?