• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution

mpiscopo

Do you know if this will work with MYOB?

QuickBooks and MYOB are structured differently; it won't work with MYOB. I haven't used MYOB in years, so I'm not knowledgable with the import and export features of it.

I switched from MYOB to QuickBooks about 5 years ago because there was so little support for MYOB (technical integration along with accountants and bookkeepers). You might want to consider the pros and cons of migrating...

I am getting the following error when importing into QB's

"The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form."

After clicking OK in QB to get past this error, it appears this error is due to importing orders with Sales Tax because there are no Invoices created in QB for the orders that have Sales Tax. It creates the Invoices in QB fine for all orders without Sales Tax.

Anyone got any ideas?

mpiscopo, I have taken on board your advise and have looked at purchasing quickbooks but there are so many different models, can you suggest which model I should get?

My inventory is about 3,000 parts.

Thanks.

Edited by trophy

mpiscopo, I have taken on board your advise and have looked at purchasing quickbooks but there are so many different models, can you suggest which model I should get?

My inventory is about 3,000 parts.

Thanks.

QuickBooks Professional is fine for single user instances. I use Enterprise version because I have multiple people accessing QuickBooks at the same time. That's pretty much the difference between the two versions.

• 3 weeks later...

When we try to export orders, we also get the

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/anxietie/public_html/store/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 47

Here is the code:

$this->info = array('order_id' => $order_id,

'currency' => $order['currency'],

'currency_value' => $order['currency_value'],

'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),

'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title'])),

'shipping_cost' => strip_tags($shipping_method['value']));

'payment_method' => $order['payment_method'],

'cc_type' => $order['cc_type'],

'cc_owner' => $order['cc_owner'],

'cc_number' => $order['cc_number'],

'cc_expires' => $order['cc_expires'],

'date_purchased' => $order['date_purchased'],

'orders_status' => $order['orders_status'],

'last_modified' => $order['last_modified']);

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When we try to export orders, we also get the

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/anxietie/public_html/store/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 47

Here is the code:

EDIT I FIXED THIS.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After installing EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution when I click on order to change the status I get the following:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_fax' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_fax, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from orders where orders_id = '11'

[TEP STOP]

What did I do wrong? I want to be able to modify the status of an order to update customers when their status changes.

Thanks,

Kane

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting the following error when importing into QB's

"The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form."

After clicking OK in QB to get past this error, it appears this error is due to importing orders with Sales Tax because there are no Invoices created in QB for the orders that have Sales Tax. It creates the Invoices in QB fine for all orders without Sales Tax.

Anyone got any ideas?

I am having the same problem with the orders.iif import into QuickBooks 2008 Pro. The program that creates the orders.iif file is leaving the Tot_tax amount blank eventhough sales tax was charged in OSC.

I noticed earlier in these posts that Mark recommended to make the item taxable in Quickbooks, which I did, but this did not have any effect. After setting up the item as taxable in Quickbooks, the OSC sales with tax charged still won't import. I receive the same error message "The transaction is not in balance."

I think that it would make the import work and the sales tax amount due to the state correct if the program that creates the orders.iif file inserted the sales tax amount. If this is not a major issue can someone give me the program changes to make. This contribution will be great when I get it working.

I am having the same problem with the orders.iif import into QuickBooks 2008 Pro. The program that creates the orders.iif file is leaving the Tot_tax amount blank eventhough sales tax was charged in OSC.

I noticed earlier in these posts that Mark recommended to make the item taxable in Quickbooks, which I did, but this did not have any effect. After setting up the item as taxable in Quickbooks, the OSC sales with tax charged still won't import. I receive the same error message "The transaction is not in balance."

I think that it would make the import work and the sales tax amount due to the state correct if the program that creates the orders.iif file inserted the sales tax amount. If this is not a major issue can someone give me the program changes to make. This contribution will be great when I get it working.

On further investigation, the IIF import kit from QuickBooks shows a sales tax amount in all IIF files that QuickBooks imports along with the sales tax percentage used to calculate the tax in OSC. From this documentation, it looks like the sales entry being imported from OSC must balance in the IIF file entries or the import function will not import the transaction. <_<

when I try to input a IIF file into quickbooks I get a warning popup

the transaction is not in balance Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of form

then another warning on line 10 cant record invalid transaction

then another mesaage that Data has been imported

please help

thank you

After installing EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution when I click on order to change the status I get the following:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_fax' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_fax, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from orders where orders_id = '11'

[TEP STOP]

What did I do wrong? I want to be able to modify the status of an order to update customers when their status changes.

Thanks,

Kane

Hi,

I also get the same error, is there any help to this?

Live life authentically.

The automatic matching of QBI only works if you don't use categories in QuickBooks. If you have your products categorized in QuickBooks then the part number you import needs to include the category name as a part of the number. Therefore, I had to manually match all my products in QBI. I paid Adam for use of his QBI and it served me well, but eventually I had to hire a programmer to create a new version which removed the manual matching of products.

In the spirit of true open source, I had the programmer package it as a contribution and made it available for others to make use of as they need - free of charge.

Mark

I'm not sure what you are referring to. There's no such thing as Categories in Quickbooks.

Thanks,

Adam

I am working with a web site that currently has the products and categories already in the shopping cart, yet not in the Quickbooks.

How can I export all of my products and categories from OsCommerce to Quickbooks?

It is over a hundred products.

QBI can export all your product to QB. The free version will do up to 2 attributes (and unlimited attribute values), and the commercial version will do up to 5 attributes. Categories aren't exported because there's no such thing as Categories in QB.

Thanks,

Adam

QBI can export all your product to QB. The free version will do up to 2 attributes (and unlimited attribute values), and the commercial version will do up to 5 attributes. Categories aren't exported because there's no such thing as Categories in QB.

Thanks,

Adam

Ha the free version does not work with v2.2 Release Candidate 2a and should be removed from being a contribution and to a category of being a drag!

Live life authentically.

EDIT I FIXED THIS.

Could you please let me know how you tooks care of this? I have the same problem.

(Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1474\as.moneyframes\catalog\admin\includes\classes\order.php on line 52)

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Ha the free version does not work with v2.2 Release Candidate 2a and should be removed from being a contribution and to a category of being a drag!

First of all, v2.2 Release Candidate 2a is a candidate, not a full release. QBI works with all released versions of osC.

Second, if you are having trouble using it with 2.2 RC 2a, then please post your issue in the QBI forum so that I can look into it. So far, I have not gotten any reports of it not working with 2.2.

Thanks,

Adam

I have QuickBooks Premier Retail Edition 2009. My first question is this add-on compatible?

I am pretty sure I have the add-on installed correctly because it does not get any errors and I am able to export orders ok.

I am confused on how to setup the proper categories in QuickBooks to match what osCommerce is looking for. I created a several test items in OSC and QB and no matter what I try I can not get the inventory.iif to update OSC. I did an order in OSC and imported it into QB and it imported everything but it did not automatically interface with the item in QB.

Does anyone have any pointers to get this to work?

Thanks,

Kane

Ok I think I am getting closer. The quantities are now updating but I get the dollowing error.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_name' in 'field list'

insert into quickbooks_import_log (quickbooks_session_id, products_id, products_initial_quantity, products_actual_quantity, products_name, products_description) values ('28', '102', '0', '3', 'Test', 'Test')

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for the help,

Kane

I figured this out too. I just needed to add that info to quickbooks_import_log table in SQL. I have this all up and running now.

Kane

Ok I think I am getting closer. The quantities are now updating but I get the dollowing error.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_name' in 'field list'

insert into quickbooks_import_log (quickbooks_session_id, products_id, products_initial_quantity, products_actual_quantity, products_name, products_description) values ('28', '102', '0', '3', 'Test', 'Test')

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for the help,

Kane

Like everyone else, I'm a bit confused by what is meant by the "Load Categories" option in the Prerequisites of this add-on.

Reviewing the QuickBooks help documentation, the only reference to Categories is "Accounts" (help document is listed as "How to work with accounts (categories)".

I'm wondering if this is what Bogdan is referring to when it comes to the Load Categories option. You can export the Chart of Accounts much like the Item List. Reviewing the code in the file didn't tell me much (of course, I'm not really a programmer). Hopefully Bogdan so verify if this is correct or not.

First of all, v2.2 Release Candidate 2a is a candidate, not a full release. QBI works with all released versions of osC.

Second, if you are having trouble using it with 2.2 RC 2a, then please post your issue in the QBI forum so that I can look into it. So far, I have not gotten any reports of it not working with 2.2.

Thanks,

Adam

If you made a note of this fact, sorry, i missed it. I am having trouble with this and it looks to be the only thing i am having trouble with. It is giving me the following errors:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in .... \admin\includes\classes\order.php on line 53

on admin/includes/classes/order.php

'payment_method' => $order['payment_method'],

My second error happens when i click the insert button under Custom Fields

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplebox() in \\frigga\home\users\web\b1474\as.moneyframes\catalog\admin\quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54

I'd hate to start from scratch just becasue of this one contribution. Anything you can suggest? I am no php coder but have been working with osc for several years. i tried deleting that line 53 only to receive the same error for line 54 which is the cc_type line. thank you

Edited by monikart

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?