• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EZ QuickBooks Integration Contribution

mpiscopo

The addon works on a standard php.ini configuration as it was designed to work.

If have special configuration in php.ini (and really need them) you have to edit the code to suit your needs (for example if have magic_quotes enabled in php.ini it may run into troubles because in code it already use addslashes, witch will generated additional slashes and may run into error).

Also, make a test of resulted queries in a mysql client (i suggest Mysql Query Browser), to see where is the problem.

Regarding

Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in /home/rrmusicc/public_html/catalog/admin/quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54

make a recheck on readme.txt.

I think this step was not completed:

ii) admin/includes/classes/box.php

Add function:

"

function simpleBox($contents){

return $this->tableBlock($contents);

}

"

Let me here know if still can't make it.

Kind Regards,

Bogdan

I don't know how no one else seems to have problems.

I followed instructions to the letter, and there were problems in syntax from the get go. I had to remove a comma in general.php... i was asked insert customers_fax into an array, but not create a database entry for it.

I fixed those, but now when I try to upload .IIF, I get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '70s Guitar Classics'' at line 1

select products_id, products_model, products_quantity from products where products_model =''70s Guitar Classics'

ALSO, when I try to make a custom field, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method box::simpleBox() in /home/rrmusicc/public_html/catalog/admin/quickbooks_custom_fields.php on line 54

What's going on?

Hi Tammy,

I know you tried it, but i make a resume on it.To have the quickbooks box appear in the left you have this steps completed :

1. check for admin/includes/boxes/quickbooks.php (it must exists at this location)

2. check for this line in admin/includes/column_left.php : require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'quickbooks.php'); (it must be there)

Practically up there, in first step declares the content of the box, and at second step just includes that content.Nothing fancy.

If still won't work, i suggest you to try some debug stuff on these files.

For example , can use some print("something here");die; in the file at first step (to check if this file is included).

You can use outputs like in the example on this files to see if at a precise step application goes trough there.

Let me know here if still can't make it installing correctly and what are the results of the advices i gave you.

Regards,

Bogdan

I did recheck to make sure I had filenames.php definitions entered...they were all there....I rechecked my installation again.....and still no quickbooks references show up in the column left in admin. I just don't get why it's not there. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

Getting the following error when importing into QB's

"The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form."

I am at a loss as to how to resolve this...I can see all the data in the Orders.IIF file.

Anyone got any ideas?

Paul

Paul,

I looked at the iif file you sent. You have bold tags in the order total field. Open the file with excel and you'll see the <b> and </b> tags. Check your database to see if the tags are in the database or whether you're inserting them in your PHP code.

Mark

Getting the following error when importing into QB's

"The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form."

I am at a loss as to how to resolve this...I can see all the data in the Orders.IIF file.

Anyone got any ideas?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Orders_Total are inserted with bold, see orders_total table, column text.

quickbooks_export_orders file which export orders make use of the oscommerce order class (admin/includes/classes/order.php) to get all details about orders.

The totals in quickbooks_export_orders.php is taken in variable '$transaction_total' in the way it came from the database.

In 'order.php' class file, all the details are retrieved in 'function query($order_id)'.

Totals are placed in 'this->info' structure.Look for something like this:

'last_modified' => $order['last_modified'],

'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),

'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title'])),

'shipping_cost' => strip_tags($shipping_method['value']));

and take a look at 'total=> .........'.

Check if there is 'strip_tags' function when assigning the value to 'total'.

That function will escape all html tags and get the value without the <b> tags that is causing problem for you.

Check these tips and let me know, if the problem is solved.

Regards,

Bogdan

Paul,

I looked at the iif file you sent. You have bold tags in the order total field. Open the file with excel and you'll see the <b> and </b> tags. Check your database to see if the tags are in the database or whether you're inserting them in your PHP code.

Mark

I'm really excited to use this contribution. Thanks for making it!

I do have a problem. I followed the installation and now when I try to get to my admin page it's blank. I know I did something majorly wrong somewhere, I just can't figure out where. I know I haven't given you much info but does anyone have any ideas where to start?

Thanks!

Amy

Hi Amy,

I think you need to revise the installation process.

I suggest to take a closer look at:

Step2, Step3, and from Step4 points: i), iv), vi), vii).

These are critical steps which if are not correctly completed, will sure make application go blank.

Also you may use add this line:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

at beginning of admin/includes/application_top.php file (after the <?php tag ) to see where it goes in error.

However i strongly recommend a full revise of the installation process.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Bogdan

I'm really excited to use this contribution. Thanks for making it!

I do have a problem. I followed the installation and now when I try to get to my admin page it's blank. I know I did something majorly wrong somewhere, I just can't figure out where. I know I haven't given you much info but does anyone have any ideas where to start?

Thanks!

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone, I'm having two issues:

when i click prerequisits items say "Not Verified"....is that ok?

second: when I click Export Orders i get a blank page.

i had a similar blank page problem due to permissions before could this be related?

step 3 was a bit confusing maybe i messed that up?

any ideas?

Edited by trothmaster

Hi,

1) Prerequisites are placed there in order to make the user pay attention that before use this module features, it must do some steps before.

See the readme.txt file about their purpose.

Once you've verified them they'll change their status to "Verified".

2)When click the export orders the page should stay as it is and a orders.csv file should prompt for download.

I think there are some special settings for your server if this error appears.

I suggest a debug on the page that deals with the export (admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php).

Also you may place a error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE); at the beginning of the file (mentioned above) after the first "<?php" to see what goes wrong.

3) "Step 3" in the readme file is

COPY the *.php files into your application, in the same folders they're in this addon.

You open the directory structure of the module and copy the files from it in the same directory of your application.

For example, copying "quickbooks_export_orders.php" from the module to application you'll have to copy

"<module_download_dir>/code_files/admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php" to "<your_app_install_directory>/admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php".

These are new files and for sure you won't have them and can copy.

For the other ones you'll need to insert pieces of codes inside them considering that everyone has customized parts.

Regards,

Bogdan

hey everyone, I'm having two issues:

when i click prerequisits items say "Not Verified"....is that ok?

second: when I click Export Orders i get a blank page.

i had a similar blank page problem due to permissions before could this be related?

step 3 was a bit confusing maybe i messed that up?

any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Looks potentially great!!! I have been avoiding upgrading my website until I could find something that dealt with the QB Integration problem. Couple questions:

1) Does it work with Inventory assemblies in QB Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale (I have 2006). I assemble some of my products.

2) Does it work with product attributes such as color or size?

3) Can it deal with unique items such as artwork?

Thanks! Appreciate any suggestions to make it work.

Very simple mod to make this contribution work with product attributes. The total cost of item+attribute is stored in the same table this contribution uses to pull the products price. Instead of using the field products_price use the field final_price from the orders_products table.

This mod should not make any difference to those of you who do not use attributes becasue the field final_price = (products_price + cost of attributes). If you have 0 cost of attributes final_price=products_price.

Open the file quickbooks_export_orders.php in your admin directory. There are only two changes and they are very minor.

On or around line 149 replace:

$amount = $order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['price'];

with

$amount = $order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['final_price'];

On or around line 163, replace:

transaction_detail_price = $order->products[$i]['price'];

with

transaction_detail_price = $order->products[$i]['final_price'];

Thats it! Should work for everyone even if you don't use attributes as I said. As always backup and good luck.

Jason

Edited by JRN

Hi!

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong, I have double checked my install....but I can't get the box for quickbooks to show up in the admin area. I have checked and quickbooks.php is installed in admin/includes/boxes...admin/includes/column_left.php has "require quickbooks.php" listed.... For example, if I type in http://mydomain.com/admin/quickbooks_export_orders.php the correct page comes up. I'm not sure why the main box link does not show up.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

I figured out two things.

1. I forgot to run the database sql file/ per the instructions.

2. On a couple of my stores, I would run the sql file per the instructions, it would appear to successfully complete the database changes...giving no error w/in the browser window. But if you went to the store's database no tables, etc. were created for quickbooks. I think this is because those databases had trouble with the syntax while other store databases didn't. I had to manually go to the database in install the "create tables" one by one, the first table created in the sql was the one that would error.

Hope this helps anyone who's having trouble.

Hi,

Great contribution here!

Am getting an error when trying to 'Export Orders'. See below:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/rh2u/public_html/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 91

The line this is referring to is below:

'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title']));

Anyone help on where I am going wrong?!

Thanks a lot

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just completed installation of EZ Quickbooks.

A couple of things seem to not be working properly, and I am hoping to get some confirmation of this.

- The Custom Fields page displays ok, but when 'Insert' is clicked, the page just refreshes. No insert process is started

- How do you verify the prerequisites?

thanks

Jason

Edited by captainbeef

Hello,

1) If can give me a way to test and look upon the problem i can take a look and fix the problem and see what's wrong there.

I think this can help others; i heard peoples in the last time that had problems with quickbooks custom fields.(ftp/cvs/svn account).

2) Prerequisites consist of two elements:

a)Quickbooks has some differences than oscommerce in products categories.Because of this user, before use the update products feature, must give application a file with the quickbooks categories(In the package is a file called Inventory.IIF from where user can load to a table that translate quickbooks categories to oscommerce categories using first feature in prerequisites).You can obtain this file from quickbooks.This is mandatory for the update products.

B) In the process of exporting/update products, there are some constants used there.

Use the second feature in the prerequisites to look upon them and do the customizations.

This is optional,

Hope this helps,

Bogdan

Hello,

I have just completed installation of EZ Quickbooks.

A couple of things seem to not be working properly, and I am hoping to get some confirmation of this.

- The Custom Fields page displays ok, but when 'Insert' is clicked, the page just refreshes. No insert process is started

- How do you verify the prerequisites?

thanks

Jason

I haven't installed this yet but am looking at Quickbooks for my accounting software and this contribution might be very useful.

A couple of questions:

I have two seperate stores (different aspects of the same company) and would need to merge the order data from both into Quickbooks. Can this contribution do it? i.e. If I were to install the contribution into both stores and export the data, would it go into Quickbooks okay?

Also, I already store an invoice number in my osCommerce databases, which is manually assigned, would it be able to pull that over into Quickbooks too - I assume that I'd need to alter the contribution code to include exporting the invoice number?

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to test this as I don't yet own Quickbooks and there doesn't appear to be a demo available in the UK. I currently use Sage which is a pretty unfriendly piece of software.

Bogdan, FYI I get the same error as wintecs when i try and export using IE, but the export is fine with Firefox.

I can't work out what the problem is but i doubt it is a server issue. If you can figure out what part of the code may not be cross-browser compatible it would be great for my colleagues.

Regards, Scott

Hi Scott,

Module was developed to work on IE and Firefox too.

However, you can take a look in file quickbooks_export_orders.php (see line 246 to 250, regarding headers) where the header is set and echo the output to the file.

Try playing with those headers and see how it works for you.

I'm not around these days but at least i can give an advice.

Regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan, FYI I get the same error as wintecs when i try and export using IE, but the export is fine with Firefox.

I can't work out what the problem is but i doubt it is a server issue. If you can figure out what part of the code may not be cross-browser compatible it would be great for my colleagues.

Regards, Scott

Just had a couple questions. Products in my database do have attributes, is there now support for this?. Also my store runs quickbooks POS so from what i have read I am going to have to export my POS database to regular Quickbooks and then sync that Quickbooks with OSCommerce?.

Thanks for the help

CameronT21

• 1 month later...

I just installed this and was trying to add items to quickbooks.

I read through the thread and it appears you cannot import your item list from quickbooks into osCommerce with this?

Also, the categories import, how do you obtain that file? I am using 2008 Accountants edition and dont see a categories option.

Is anyone finding all these QuickBooks integration solutions too complicated? Not just the complex setup, but the need to upload and synchronize lists with QuickBooks?

My company, Traxian, has a much simpler solution - just one click to add a whole batch of orders to QuickBooks, including setup as needed of customer and item info.

To integrate with OSCommerce or other solutions, all that's required is a "silent post" of the order information at the end of the checkout process to a URL that routes orders to a "mailbox" for users to download into QuickBooks. That order information can be in fairly standard URL-encoded format (or XML).

Generating that "silent post" requires just simple script in OSCommerce - which, admittedly, I don't have yet. But if this sounds interesting, please reply.

Regards,

Roger

When I try to import my iif file I get the following warning in oscommerce admin panel:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in ../admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1370

Line 1370 reads:

mkdir($folder_name);

my full script is:

/**

* Prepares a folder for upload

* @param String folder path and name

* @return void

*/

function prepare_folder_for_upload($folder_name){

//if not exists, create it

if (!is_dir($folder_name))

mkdir($folder_name);

//if not writable, make it writable

if (!is_writable){

chmod($folder_name, '0777');

}

}

What am I doing wrong. Thanks!

Hi,

I just found out about this forum and this contribution. I want to clear up one apparent misunderstanding about QBI.

Hi Andrea,

The biggest difference is that you don't need to manually match the products within osCommerce. Adams version is very good and I used it for years; however, my store had grown and doing the manual match between the QuickBooks items and osCommerce items was taking a lot of time and was the source of many error as people who were entering the new products were making mistakes in matching. With this version you just upload your items.iif into osCommerce and then osCommerce will automatically match the products based on part numbers - even if you're using categories in QuickBooks (which has always been a pain to match).

QBI works exactly the same way. Matching is completely automatic. osC Product Model = QB Item Name. Manual matching is an added optional feature for when you want to associate a Model and Name that aren't the same.

Thanks,

Adam

QBI Author

www.qbisoftware.com

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I just found out about this forum and this contribution. I want to clear up one apparent misunderstanding about QBI.

QBI works exactly the same way. Matching is completely automatic. osC Product Model = QB Item Name. Manual matching is an added optional feature for when you want to associate a Model and Name that aren't the same.

Thanks,

Adam

QBI Author

www.qbisoftware.com

The automatic matching of QBI only works if you don't use categories in QuickBooks. If you have your products categorized in QuickBooks then the part number you import needs to include the category name as a part of the number. Therefore, I had to manually match all my products in QBI. I paid Adam for use of his QBI and it served me well, but eventually I had to hire a programmer to create a new version which removed the manual matching of products.

In the spirit of true open source, I had the programmer package it as a contribution and made it available for others to make use of as they need - free of charge.

Mark