• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVABLE

blr044

Was attempting to delete some of my older backups. Constantly would receive this error: ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVABLE.

Only found one post in this forum. Decided to try through google, only one again. At his post, said try using FTP. It did remove those files. Also the way it appears on admin cp, ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVABLE, there has to be mistake in one of the files. So far, I do not see it.

Does any one know why one can only delete the backup files using FRP?

Thanks.

blr044

Was attempting to delete some of my older backups. Constantly would receive this error: ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVABLE.

Only found one post in this forum. Decided to try through google, only one again. At his post, said try using FTP. It did remove those files. Also the way it appears on admin cp, ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVABLE, there has to be mistake in one of the files. So far, I do not see it.

That is right. The define for it appears never to have been added to catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/backup.php:

define('ERROR_FILE_NOT_REMOVEABLE', 'Error: I can not remove this file. Please set the right user permissions on: %s');

Actually, the define is present in the osC files, but in the language file of the filemanager.

Does any one know why one can only delete the backup files using FTP?

Should be a permission setting issue. Perhaps another server process/user created or moved the file than the process that wants to delete it.

Archived