• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WorldPay Select Invisible Contribution

Psilocybeing

As mentioned in a separate thread in the 'Other' section, I've been putting together a Module that will handle orders using the WorldPay Select Invisible service, which allows payments to be processed without redirecting the user away to an external payment page. The module is complete and working, and as far as I can see up to the standards required by WorldPay. Upon a successful transaction, the last four digits of the credit card are stored, along with the WorldPay transaction ID. An email is also sent to the customer, with the transaction ID for reference.

Before I upload the Module into the 'Contributions' section of the osCommerce site, I would greatly appreciate someone elses opinion on the script. Of course, a WorldPay Select Invisible Installation is required. If anyone is able and willing to perform a quick test of the script, then please either send me a message on here, or email me at: Psilocybeing AT othala.co.uk. If no testers are able to come forward within say the next few days, I'll upload it to the public domain.

Many thanks,

Psilocybeing

• 3 weeks later...

hey...

i installed the module but get the following error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class worldpay in /home/sites/my-site.com/public_html/includes/modules/payment/worldpay_invisible.php on line 63

...when I access the modules.php page within admin.

I deleted and re-installed 3 times :(

Any ideas?

PS - If I have WP Select Junior, do I need to contact them to enable invisiable? Do they need to verify SSL first as I would like to try this out before purchasing?

hey...

i installed the module but get the following error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class worldpay in /home/sites/my-site.com/public_html/includes/modules/payment/worldpay_invisible.php on line 63

...when I access the modules.php page within admin.

I deleted and re-installed 3 times :(

Any ideas?

PS - If I have WP Select Junior, do I need to contact them to enable invisiable? Do they need to verify SSL first as I would like to try this out before purchasing?

I've uploaded a fix. This was due to having WorldPay Junior Select and the WorldPay Invislble modules both activated at the same time I suspect. I've changed the class name of the WorldPay Invisible processor, so that should fix the problem you've been having. (see http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5841)

Regarding Invisible, yes you must request a new installation from WorldPay. The only requirements they have if you are on a third-party host (such as GoDaddy) is that you have a valid SSL certificate, HTTPS enabled and follow their rules for displaying information relating to the transaction (i.e. physical location of business, payment types accepted, refund policy etc). This process can take some time, although once it has been started I recommend phoning up and requestion to speak to their activations team. You can usually get an installation activated immediately by going down this route.

Any other problems, please don't hesitate to post, either on here or my blog.

Hmmm any idea how I can demo it before I choose to purchase the SSL and request new account?

The WorldPay Junior module is annoying me as after the payment transaction is sucessful, you then have to click a button to take you back to your oscommerce site and thus insertinig full transaction in DB. If the user closes browser window before clicking button, there card is charged but the transaction stay in osc as worldpay pending...

Cheers

Paul

Hmmm any idea how I can demo it before I choose to purchase the SSL and request new account?

The WorldPay Junior module is annoying me as after the payment transaction is sucessful, you then have to click a button to take you back to your oscommerce site and thus insertinig full transaction in DB. If the user closes browser window before clicking button, there card is charged but the transaction stay in osc as worldpay pending...

Cheers

Paul

As far as I know there is no test installation ID that you can use to make test transactions with WorldPay Select Invisible, however if you contact them they may be able to setup an account in test mode for you to use. Give them a call, they're usually very helpful. I do have several installations available, but to let you test them I would have to let you know our AuthPWs, which I don't think my client would be too happy about! ;)

Good luck!

haha i understand!

Do you have an experience of the WorldPay Junior Module I am using?

As I explained before after the WorldPay payment is processed I get the floowing screen...any idea how to get rid of the need for the shopper to click the button before retuning to the online shop and commiting the order to the database?

worldpay.jpg

Cheers

Paul

haha i understand!

Do you have an experience of the WorldPay Junior Module I am using?

As I explained before after the WorldPay payment is processed I get the floowing screen...any idea how to get rid of the need for the shopper to click the button before retuning to the online shop and commiting the order to the database?

worldpay.jpg

Cheers

Paul

There is one way to get around it, however WorldPay do not like it one bit. I wrote a PHP module a while ago that automated the process involved of processing a payment through the Select Junior method using cURL, however the day after I released it they implemented their new and improved payment system. Now, I imagine it was just a coincidence, however if I were to write a new version of the module that is compatible with their new processing methods, I have no doubt that any merchant caught using it would have their account suspended very quickly. It basically handles all of the transactions between the client (your customer) and the WorldPay server through their transaction forms. This brings up all kind of issues regarding PCI compliance and compromise of customer data (i.e. credit card information, contact details etc), and as such I would not recommend anyone go down this route. If you have a WorldPay account, getting an Invisible installation activated is a fairly painless process, and at the end of the day is the best path to go down.

After another quick think, on my old Junior installation that I used, if you used a Callback URL to process client information, if you output any information from this script it was displayed instead of the 'return to shop' button. I'm unsure if this is still the case, as I have not used a Junior installation since I started using the Invisible installations. It may be worth a try, however I recall a clause in WorldPays ToA disallowing any kind of automatic redirection from the Callback output. While using this method would allow you to record transactions through the callback URL, instead of having the information sent back via the form on the 'return to shop' page, the user would still have to click on something to return to the main area of your site.

So, overall as I've stated before, Invisible is the way to go if you want to process payments yourself.

I hope this information has been of help to you.

Psilocybeing

• 1 month later...

Hi Psilocybeing, After i have put your script in the \includes\modules\payment\ directory at my site and goes in to the admin panel your script is now showing up and the right grey bar for configuring settings and installing scripts is gone. When i remove your script everything work in the as it should ?! >_<

Any help whould be appricated

Thanks in advance!

Caroz

• 7 months later...