• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleted image and site is down. Need help!

jmw1960

I went in and delete a reviews image and this is what happen after words. Now what????

This is what comes up when I go to my site / url.

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent Directory 29-Feb-2008 19:34 -

cgi-bin/ 04-Mar-2008 19:57 -

includes/ 04-Mar-2008 19:51

This is what comes up when I go to my admin.

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Well, this is a sticky wicket. You have a backup of your files on your hard drive, right? FTP them up to your server and you should be fine.

If you have no backup, this will be a most powerful lesson for you (and I'm sorry in advance).

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

I don't have a back up. Now what?

Well, this is a sticky wicket. You have a backup of your files on your hard drive, right? FTP them up to your server and you should be fine.

If you have no backup, this will be a most powerful lesson for you (and I'm sorry in advance).

jon

Send an email to your host ASAP and request the latest backup they made. It may take a few days so be patient.

Your includes folder was still there, so FTP that down and preserve it.

You still have your data base. If your host has failed to make daily backups, your next task is to upload a fresh set of osC files, edit your admin/configure.php file and re-upload your includes folder.

It's just common sense. Keep a backup and a working copy on your local machine. Always work from a set of osC on your hard drive. You then upload your edited files via FTP to the correct directory.

Luck to you and I'm sorry you had to learn the lesson of backing up the hard way.

jon

Thanks... Because backing up has always been my problem.. And I am learning the hard way... You are so right .. wow....

Send an email to your host ASAP and request the latest backup they made. It may take a few days so be patient.

You still have your data base. If your host has failed to make daily backups, your next task is to upload a fresh set of osC files, edit your admin/configure.php file and re-upload your includes folder.

It's just common sense. Keep a backup and a working copy on your local machine. Always work from a set of osC on your hard drive. You then upload your edited files via FTP to the correct directory.

Luck to you and I'm sorry you had to learn the lesson of backing up the hard way.

jon

Thanks... Because backing up has always been my problem.. And I am learning the hard way... You are so right .. wow....

Some lessons are REALLY painful. We've all done it. We've all had to backtrack and it's maddening. Hang in :)

If I uploaded a fresh set of osC files, edited my admin/configure.php file and re-uploaded my includes folder. Does this bring back my site as it was prior to my big mistake??

jon

No, you will have a stock osc.

Any contributions, style changes etc will all have to be reapplied/reinstalled.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If I uploaded a fresh set of osC files, edited my admin/configure.php file and re-uploaded my includes folder. Does this bring back my site as it was prior to my big mistake??

GW is correct. Any edits you made to the stock version between when you installed it and when you lost it will have to be redone, except for your includes folder, which has its own language files. I don't know how much you modified the stock version and you could be headed for trouble if you made modifications to files at the root of your catalog and in the admin portion.

My initial advice and YOUR FIRST STEP is contact your host ASAP and have them restore from their daily backup. If you wait an longer, this opportunity will be lost forever. You could very well save yourself from a new install if you contact them NOW !! :)

jon

My host did it.... Back up...... Thank you so much for your input.... I would have lost: 30 categories, 400 sub categories, 500 products, 500 product images, and more...... A lot of data intry not to say the least....

GW is correct. Any edits you made to the stock version between when you installed it and when you lost it will have to be redone, except for your includes folder, which has its own language files. I don't know how much you modified the stock version and you could be headed for trouble if you made modifications to files at the root of your catalog and in the admin portion.

My initial advice and YOUR FIRST STEP is contact your host ASAP and have them restore from their daily backup. If you wait an longer, this opportunity will be lost forever. You could very well save yourself from a new install if you contact them NOW !! :)

jon

My host did it.... Back up...... Thank you so much for your input.... I would have lost: 30 categories, 400 sub categories, 500 products, 500 product images, and more...... A lot of data intry not to say the least....

I hear your sigh of relief. Now back up!! And don't forget to back up your data base via admin EVERY day!

jon

Now that you are back on line, what did you do wrong in the first place? How did you delete an image and came to so much grief?

Archived