Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

checkout produces "1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id'..."


smokejumper08

Recommended Posts

Hi folks

 

Stats:

lunarpages: aquarius server

PHP 5.2.5

MySQL 5 (recently upgraded)

OSCommerce 2.2rc2

 

I have a store that has had several problems of late. We solved Echo not allowing a connection for unknown reasons by switching servers. In the process I reinstalled OSCommerce. Now it seems we are out of synch with the db somehow. When checking out I get the following:

 

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('2141', '1', now(), '1', '')

[color="red"][TEP STOP][/color]

 

Checking the db shows the columns for the table orders_status_history are:

 

orders_status_history_id, orders_id, new_value, old_value, date_added, customer_notified

 

In searching for an answer to this issue, I see that many are having problems with OSC after upgrading MySQL 5. I've even found a few posts here that talk about the 1054 error and left joins, but they all talk about a different column and table.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are missing some info from your database then

It should be

Order Status History should be

 

orders_status_history_id int(11) No auto_increment

orders_id int(11) No

orders_status_id int(5) No

date_added datetime No

customer_notified int(1) Yes 0

comments text latin1_swedish_ci Yes NULL

 

You dont seem to have the orders_status_id

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe your problem is related to your db being updated between servers from mysql version 4 to 5.

 

If I am correct patches to correct this are included with each release of Oscommerce and are generally in the extras directory. The files have names like update-yyyymmdd.html and update-yyyymmdd.txt.

 

These files contain a shed load of patches all of which should be applied to a stock install, but as this is not shown as a step in the documentation / installation instruction that I have read, most people won't until they run into a problem. Then they will find a solution to one problem via the forums.

 

Here is the index of my updates file.

 

osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

Update Package 13th November 2005

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

## Update 051113

 

customer_country_id in addressbook

 

## Update 051112

 

Cannot re-assign $this

limit -20, 20

Database Input Enhancement

Adding Non-Existing Products To Cart

Session ID XSS Issue

Validate Session ID

File Manager Problem

HTTP Header Injection

E-Mail Header Injection

Contact Us Form XSS Issue

Open Redirector

Extra Slashes In New Products

Order Status Filtering

MySQL 5.0 Compatibility

 

This is a link to a later one

 

http://www.oscommerce.com/ext/update-20060817.txt

 

These threads might also be of use

 

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4654

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3727/

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

 

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

 

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

 

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bummer!

 

First I really appreciate the response!

 

Unfortunately this doesn't look to be baring fruit unless I'm missing something. In going through the code, it looks like the changes are already in place. Now I didn't go through every item on the list (which was the update-20060817.txt which you suggested and also the same one that came in my extras folder), but I did check the ones that seemed to hold a hope of being relevant, and those appear to be in the code already.

 

Besides, it seems to me like what I am somehow missing is a MySQL patch to my database. It looks like 'orders_status_id' is in the code and not the db. And so some patch should have added it along the way.... Again I basically tried to run with new code and an old database.

 

or am I thinking about this backwards and the db should NOT have that field and neither should the code :blink:

 

ACK!

 

No, that way lays madness!

 

I guess one way I could go about this is to export the current db, swap over to the db that the app laid down on the install, and then somehow import the old data, if that can be done.

 

By all means, if you have more to add, please do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...