• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can i use SPPC with a purchased osc template?

justinvi

Hi to everyone, Im new to the oscommerce community and would be so very grateful of any help!

I have purchased a oscommerce template from a company called "The osCommerce store" (http://www.theoscommercestore.com).

i made some changes to the design/artwork and added a searchbar, and deleted some other things like, currency & language as the store is going to be australian only. I need to sell to both Retail & wholesale so i installed the SPPC module. Since the site had been modified i followed the instructions for manual install and spent about 8 hours copying and pasting code. Upon completion i checked the site and many errors were present. :(

The layout had changed + when clicking on an image to show info about it an error message headed "1054 - Unknown column 'attributes_hide_from_groups' in 'where clause'" would display. Plus now when i use the search bar i installed in the top, when it returns the search query it doesn't display any info or name in the box or pics of the product.

I do not really know any php i have previously built standard websites with html so i have been able to make do so far, but now i am at a halt! I don't know where to start or what to do? Can anyone out there help?? The site it www.beautyandthings.com.au/shop if it helps to look at it???

Thank you so much for any help anyone can offer!! :rolleyes:

SPPC shouldn't affect the layout,at least not on purpose, so it sounds like you made a mistake on the installation. You should backup to your workig shop with the template and try it again.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived