• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products missing from categories

jankariwo

I have just done a clean new installation , complete with default categories/products . However I have a couple of observations;

1. Products listed on front page (new products, what's new, specials, etc) can be linked directly to the product description pages

2. On the back end however , opening the categories folders show no product at all

3. therefore searches always return no product.

The products are in the database surely (from 1) ; and I am just curious why they don't show anywhere else

well chek language associated with product.

also chek categories to which they are mapped by cheking table p2c.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Satish

You lost me there. I only have one language installed (English) having removed others (problem started before I removed others)

Where do i check tables ? In the database ?

Satish

You lost me there. I only have one language installed (English) having removed others (problem started before I removed others)

Where do i check tables ? In the database ?

I have just done a clean new installation , complete with default categories/products . However I have a couple of observations;

1. Products listed on front page (new products, what's new, specials, etc) can be linked directly to the product description pages

2. On the back end however , opening the categories folders show no product at all

The products are in the database surely (from 1) ; and I am just curious why they don't show anywhere else

I am having a very similar issue. I add the products to the category in the admin and they appear but when I click on the product or the category it goes to a page that says product not found!. Do I have to create a product description page? If so then do you know how I can do that? Thanks. Maybe together we can solve both our issues.

I believe I have the answer thanks to germ.

Login to your Admin

Click on Configuration

On that page, be sure "Search Engine Friendly URL's (still in development)" is set to false.

If not, set it that way and save it.

This fixed it for me. Good luck

Archived