• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

i need some help

Ruens

i have osCommerce 2.2.060817 and would like to make text boxes for users to enter information to be passed on to me when they are ordering. i was told that i have to update my oscommerce.. is this true? i dont see any options to add a text box to the order page...any help would not go unappreciated..

i have osCommerce 2.2.060817 and would like to make text boxes for users to enter information to be passed on to me when they are ordering. i was told that i have to update my oscommerce.. is this true? i dont see any options to add a text box to the order page...any help would not go unappreciated..

Hi, is there not a comment box for the customer during the checkout process? Maybe you need more than that. I am sure there must be a way to do it, but I would have to check into it myself. I think you might be looking for specific info maybe, like on the set up account page where it asks for their name and there is a box to fill in. Is that what you need? Maybe you could use the comment box as a guide and duplicate that with the wording you want.

If Your site has been moved to PHP 5 then it is recommended.

Else YOu can continue with.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

what i need is a few boxes in the actual product page..... for them to enter some information for us to customize their product we actually need 11 boxes for them to enter information... i was told the new version of oscommerce had this feature... or maybe it was an older version?

what i need is a few boxes in the actual product page..... for them to enter some information for us to customize their product we actually need 11 boxes for them to enter information... i was told the new version of oscommerce had this feature... or maybe it was an older version?

OK, I am not sure if this is what you need, but I will tell you about this awesome contrib I installed and love!

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4063

What it does is it allows you to easily add multiple attributes to each product on the product page. If you have specific things already defined that the customer needs to choose from this will work great! If, however, each customer will be needing to tell you a choice of any variable, then I don't think it is for you. You can see it in action on My Website Product Page as Available Options and notice that I have put in 3 variables that the customer can choose from with the one having about 100 fabrics to select from.

This contrib is great because you can set up these "attributes" in sets, as in you can get a product set up with certain attributes and save these to add the whole set of info to another product! As you can see it on my page, they can be free as in part of the product price or an additional fee.

I hope that I described this OK. It has been a long week and I am tired.

You need to use attributes for this.

text attributes or something similar name contrib is there.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 2 weeks later...
You need to use attributes for this.

text attributes or something similar name contrib is there.

Satish

where would i find this in the attributes. i just installed the latest verison and dont see it...

Archived