Need help with setting up my SQL Section

ryanlum

Hi all,

Here are the versions i am using..

-apache_2.2.8-win32-x86-no_ssl

-mysql-5.0.51a-win32

-php-5.2.5-win32-installer

-oscommerce-2.2rc2a

I got no problems with the installation, i am able to create a test db inside with a user i created, i granted all the user rights to the user i created.

Then i went on to install the oscommerce. When i reach the database connection part, i key in all the details and clicked continue... But then the status on the bottom left is just "testing for database connection" After 10-15 minutes its still like that..

Is there anyway i can go around it?

need some help here. thx in advance

How many DB can YOu create.

Do You permission to create one more data abse.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Satish's point is that your ISP may only allow you to create one db.

You do not need to create a db before starting to install osc.

You will find a file calles oscommerce.sql that contains the commands that will create the tables and test records in your osc db.

It should create it in a matter of seconds. If it has not created it in 5 minutes something is wrong. (Before you ask I don't know what, try using localhost when asked for the server the db should be created on)

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

hmmm... i am currently hosting the db server myself...

i already used local host before i asked the question.. i even tried putting my own ip inside. the problem now is, its status after i key in the database information during installation is this "Testing database connection.."

I tried using a normal user and even root.. but the status is still stuck at that

hmmm... i am currently hosting the db server myself...

i already used local host before i asked the question.. i even tried putting my own ip inside. the problem now is, its status after i key in the database information during installation is this "Testing database connection.."

I tried using a normal user and even root.. but the status is still stuck at that

I have the same trouble. I have installed Apache (HTTP server 2.0.46) , mySQL(5.0) and osCommerce(v2.2) locally on Vista.

I created a user with full access priviledges and then during install process it seems to hang on the testing database connection.

Has anyone managed to get this release installing correctly locally? or offer any further suggestions as to what i could be doing wrong?

Archived