• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

JUST RELEASED! Printable Catalog

Hi David,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...had family obligations yesterday.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer why you are getting that error. Which version are you using? Have you uninstalled the mod and tried re-installing it?

Hi all,

First of all, let me say this contribution is great.

However, the printable catalog prints out the duplicate products serveral times depend on how many attribute options I have added to that product. I think this is the problem with most of stores in which each product has several options added to itself.

For example :

Product A has some attribute options like:

Color = red (+ USD 2.00 )

yellow (+ USD 2.00 )

blue (+ USD 2.00 )

Somehow the product table in database understands there are three different products ( actually only one Product A )

So, if I have only 40 actual products ( with pictures and descriptions ) and I have 4 attribute options for each product, the Printable Catalog will print out 160 products. There are 4 duplicate for each product.

Any ideas and suggestions how to get rid of duplicate ones.

Hi Wayne,

Hhhhmmm.....I just double checked my printable catalog and the products I have that have attributes are not duplicated but, I don't have an upcharge either. I haven't worked on adding the attributes to the catalog yet either.

I'm going to have to think about this one a bit....

Question...Do all of your products have an upcharge associated with the attribute like your example?

Product A has some attribute options like:

Color = red (+ USD 2.00 )

yellow (+ USD 2.00 )

blue (+ USD 2.00 )

In looking over the SQL query, I don't think this is possible today.

You will have a product printed for each time it's in a new catetory, but there is nothing in the catalog query that even cares about attributes.

If you are getting duplicates based on attributes, you are running something other than BirdBrain's contribution.

-t

Sorry for making any confusion :wink: . I have checked again and found out that I had double prints of each product in the Printable Catalog. So, what I say about duplicate prints based on attributes in incorrect. I should have been more careful about what I said.

Any ideas about double prints. :-) I am sure about what I said this time.

Those products that are in multiple categories are going to be shown more than once because of the way the query is written. Do you have any other contributions installed? Have you modified the tables in the dB?

How 'bout a URL where I can see exactly what it's doing?

Hi Kim,

Besides doing some customizations, I have not installed any major contributions.

I did sort products by price in each category by following some suggestions in forum.

In header.php, add the following lines

<? php

if(!isset ($HTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) {

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']='4a';

}

?>

In the product DB, I only changed the dates of products added.

That's all I did.

This is the link:

http://www.e-saigonflowers.com/catalog/pri...int_catalog.php

Wayne,

The catalog looks great...except for the duplication....:-)

I'm stumped....

Well, I'm only half-stumped now....I believe that some of the duplication stems from using multiple languages in the store....I don't know how to fix it though.

Any bright ideas?

I have the same problem, and it looks to be due to multiple languages... I have 7 of every item, and 7 languages. Unfortunately, I don't know enough PHP to fix it :(

Awesome job though, Kim!

Violet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had solved the duplication problem or had any ideas?

The only idea I can think of is I moved some entries from the "root" into a category, could this cause a double entry as if there is a 'ghost' impression in the db?

Even though i removed all the sample categories from the default installation and added only four items into the catalog, the printable catalog page says:- "Displaying 1 to 3 (of 18 products)"

But after all that, a lovely contrib, wish I could help!

Penge

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm adding this in to a new store and am getting the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_descrip

select count(select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, cd.categories_name, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id=p2c.products_id left join categories c on p2c.categories_id=c.categories_id left join categories_description cd on c.parent_id=\'0\' and c.categories_id=cd.categories_id left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = \'1\' order by cd.categories_name, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.categories_id, pd.products_name) as total

[TEP STOP]

which you can see here: http://oddsandinsonline.com/catalog/print_catalog.php

Any suggestions where to start looking?

Still haven't figured it out but am wondering about this piece of code at the end of includes/modules/print_catalog:

<!-- model number -->

<td >

<?php echo TEXT_MODEL . $print_catalog_array[$i]['model']; ?>

</td>

<!-- added to inventory -->

<td >

<?php echo TEXT_DATE_ADDED . $print_catalog_array[$i]['date_added']; ?>

</td>

</tr>

<?php

if (($i+1) != sizeof($print_catalog_array)) {

?>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

}

?>

</table>

Should that closing table be there? Or before ?>?

• 3 months later...

I just installed the mod and I am having the same problem as Quin is. My info is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_m' at line 1

select count(select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, cd.categories_name, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id=p2c.products_id left join categories c on p2c.categories_id=c.categories_id left join categories_description cd on c.parent_id=\'0\' and c.categories_id=cd.categories_id left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = \'1\' order by cd.categories_name, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.categories_id, pd.products_name) as total

[TEP STOP]

I'm not a php guru, but I am certain I installed everything very very carefully. Any ideas?

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

Please disregard my above post. I can't edit or delete it. I'm trying a different mod (and having problems with IT now, instead, lol!).

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

• 1 month later...

Has anybody found a solution to the above SQL error? If so how do I fix it. I have just started to update my website and would like to use this contrib, but if I can't find a solution to this problem I may just find another solution for a printable catalog.