• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Javascript/php conflicts

michaelrose62

Im new here, I just installed oscommerce sucessfully and feelin pretty good and I have managed to change the header images and install my original site top banner navagation but now I want to add other features from my old site and need to find out what im doing wrong.

One feature is I have javascript fetch an external .js file and there is a conflict because the entire page wont load. I remember working with the 2 (javascript/php) 2 years ago and remember something about single quotes vs. double quotes!

Is there something I can read to understand this better or is there a trick to making Javascript and php work together? This maybe very obvious to alot of you but alot of this is new to me and I am too close to the tree's to see the forest!

Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks, Michael

On another topic, I have read a couple topic posts that didnt get a response and that some of you are getting upset that your problems arent getting solved for you in the time frame you might expect. Eventhough your problem or issue is important to you - Its safe to assume that many of these OSC Guru's are probably also working stiffs that arent independently wealthy and sitting at their computers 24/7 silently honing their skills in the dark waiting for the opportunity to pounce on your post! Its probably also safe to assume that nearly NONE of them are paid to respond to your problem at all!

You generally need to proceed the quote with \. Take a look in product_info.php for the click to enlarge code for an example.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
You generally need to proceed the quote with \. Take a look in product_info.php for the click to enlarge code for an example.

Jack

Wow! Thank You so much... Duh! I knew that, Ya know they say the first thing that goes when your my age, Umm, Well I cant remember now but one day you wont remember either! hahaha

Like this, \'im so happy now\' she said. Where\'s the Beef? Right?

Thanks,

Michael