• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dont have permission Forbiddn Error

gertrude

I've installed oscFileBrowser and ExtraImages. All is fine until I try to upload one of my extra images then I get the following permissions error:

You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/includes/filebrowser/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've changed the permissions, but nothing works. Any suggesions?

Thanks

G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I had that same error, remove the .htaccess file from admin/includes and the problem vanishes.

The .htaccess file is there for one very big reason - Security. If you remove this, anyone can see your includes directory and if you haven't got the right permissions on your configure.php - people can see your username / password in plain text for your SQL database.

To work around this (until someone tells us how to do it properly), I have created another .htaccess file in the 'filebrowser' subdirectory, and inside this I have:

<Files *.php>

Order Deny,Allow

Allow from all

</Files>

Until someone suggests how to do do it properly, this still works whilst not compromising security on your /admin/includes folder.

• 10 months later...

Perhaps a better solution would be to move the file browser out of the includes folder and into its own folder.

You will have to adjust the path in the

function openFileLibrary(vsFieldToUpdate){}

to your new location.

Regards

Jim Chisholm

osc File Browser creator

• 1 month later...
Perhaps a better solution would be to move the file browser out of the includes folder and into its own folder.

You will have to adjust the path in the

function openFileLibrary(vsFieldToUpdate){}

to your new location.

Regards

Jim Chisholm

osc File Browser creator

Even doing this i still couldnt get it working, still getting the forbidden 403 error.

Si

Archived