• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble Changing Header Logo

Otispup

I am trying to replace the mystore_logo.png with my graphic (a png also) and it keeps showing me the lable "My Store" and an X where the graphic should go. Here's what I've done so far:

- put together a basic png graphic using MM Fireworks. Saved the file to my images directory under my osCommerce root.

- found the header.php file and changed the mystore_logo.png to my graphics filename.

- refreshed page and got the above ("My Store" lable text and an X).

- changed the php code back to the original graphics filename - works fine with that.

- opened the osCommerce original graphic in Photoshop. Resaved it to a new filename of file type png and it gives me the X again.

- also tried saving as a gif and that doesn't seem to work either.

Seems like there is some sutlety I am missing with my saving as the right file type???

Can anyone give me some direction? Thanks.

I am trying to replace the mystore_logo.png with my graphic (a png also) and it keeps showing me the lable "My Store" and an X where the graphic should go. Here's what I've done so far:

- put together a basic png graphic using MM Fireworks. Saved the file to my images directory under my osCommerce root.

- found the header.php file and changed the mystore_logo.png to my graphics filename.

- refreshed page and got the above ("My Store" lable text and an X).

- changed the php code back to the original graphics filename - works fine with that.

- opened the osCommerce original graphic in Photoshop. Resaved it to a new filename of file type png and it gives me the X again.

- also tried saving as a gif and that doesn't seem to work either.

Seems like there is some sutlety I am missing with my saving as the right file type???

Can anyone give me some direction? Thanks.

Sounds like a file permissions problem. Change the permissions on the new graphics file to match the original.

Archived