• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help with number of products being displayed

CrazyBone

Hello all I'm not very experienced with osC. I have used it a few times in the past with very little trouble. I have a client that had there last site builder back out on them most way through the build. I have been charged with picking up the peace's as they are, then getting it all up and running for them. It's not bad and I have been able to work though most of the problems with the site.

The trouble I am having is the number of products being displayed on each page. For some reason the admin configuration settings will not changes the items shown per page but does changes the number of items per pages but with out showing them. I'm sure this is a easy fix for it was working just fine with the fake items that come with the catalog. This problem only started after I added real products and removing the fake ones. If someone could tell me what file and line of code to change that controls the items being displayed for the Index page, New Products, Specials and the Categories I think I could fix it that way.

Site info http://www.southern-buggys.com

70103801id4.jpg

38920058xl2.jpg

Check the html code on the products_new.php

for this part of coding:

remove it and see what happens..

<style type="text/css">

<!--

This is the closest line of code I seen

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Look at the html of the browser page. You can find it there.. Open the page in your browser then right click, select view source and copy all then paste on a new page in your editing program. Remove all of the:

<style type="text/css">

<!--

I think there was 3 of them, then open the page in your browser. Problem is fixed..

Its getting written to your pages from somewhere, you could try and do a word search in your site for:

<style type="text/css">

Lloyd

Look at the html of the browser page. You can find it there.. Open the page in your browser then right click, select view source and copy all then paste on a new page in your editing program. Remove all of the:

<style type="text/css">

<!--

I think there was 3 of them, then open the page in your browser. Problem is fixed..

Its getting written to your pages from somewhere, you could try and do a word search in your site for:

<style type="text/css">

I see it in the HTML but I can't seam to find it in the source files anywhere. I have searched and searched, I have even opened every .php file I can think of looking for that line of code and can't find it. You have any idea's of how I might find the source of the code to try to remove it.

Can you do a word search for <style type="text/css"> thru the entire site in your editing program??

I only see the error occuring on the specials and products new page.

Anyway, on these two pages the error would most likely be in:

catalog/products_new.php Line 92

<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

Yours would say:

<td style="height:45px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-width:0 0 0 6px" class="vam">

<style type="text/css">

<!--

.style6 {

font-si<br>

On page catalog/specials.php Line 88

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

Once again, yours should say:

<td style="height:45px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-width:0 0 0 6px" class="vam">

<style type="text/css">

<!--

.style6 {

font-si<br>

Lloyd

Can you do a word search for <style type="text/css"> thru the entire site in your editing program??

I only see the error occuring on the specials and products new page.

Anyway, on these two pages the error would most likely be in:

catalog/products_new.php Line 92

<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

Yours would say:

<style type="text/css">

<!--

.style6 {

font-si<br>

On page catalog/specials.php Line 88

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

Once again, yours should say:

<style type="text/css">

<!--

.style6 {

font-si<br>

Thanks a ton photofxplus I was able to get it worked out over the week end. It was not code in the .php files at all. It was code entered in the Products Description that was stored in the database, thats why I could never find it doing a word search.

Thank again

Archived