• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib #5682 - Add telephone number to shipping & billing addresses official thread

vincentdemers

• 2 weeks later...

Very many thanks for this contribution.

But if i may i like to introduce a small correction to the instructions.

on approx. line 383 the instruction starts as follows:

find
	$sql_data_array = array('entry_firstname' => $customers_firstname,
add below
							  'entry_street_address2' => $entry_street_address2, 
							'entry_country_id' => $entry_country_id,  
							'entry_telephone' => $entry_telephone, 
							'entry_fax' => $entry_fax);

I have corrected this as follows (the last line is effected)

find
	$sql_data_array = array('entry_firstname' => $customers_firstname,
add below
							  'entry_street_address2' => $entry_street_address2, 
							'entry_country_id' => $entry_country_id,  
							'entry_telephone' => $entry_telephone, 
							'entry_fax' => $entry_fax,

rgds

JOhn

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

• 1 month later...

thank's for this great contribution..

I'd installed this contribution...it's waw....but I don't know why my 2nd street address didn't show in the, address book and order...but i show 2nd addresn when i check in addressbook_details...then it went away when at addressbook.....i tried to find but i didn't saw any mistake or because i'm not programer... :lol: :lol:

this is the code

addressbook.php

$addresses_query = tep_db_query("select address_book_id, entry_firstname as firstname, entry_lastname as lastname, entry_company as company, entry_street_address as street_address, entry_street_address2 as street_address2, entry_suburb as suburb, entry_city as city, entry_postcode as postcode, entry_state as state, entry_zone_id as zone_id, entry_country_id as country_id from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' order by firstname, lastname");

thanks for the attention n aswer...

warmest regards from indonesia.. :thumbsup:

yeah finally i solved my problem by my selff......

my first question...

go to catalog...general.PHP...n admin : general.PHP

remove the code

$statecomma = '';

$streets = $street;

if ($street2 != '') $streets = $streets . $cr . $street2;

if ($suburb != '') $streets = $street . $cr . $suburb;

if ($country == '') $country = tep_output_string_protected($address['country']);

try with this one

$statecomma = '';

$streets = $street;

if ($suburb != '') $streets = $street . $cr . $street2 . $cr . $suburb;

if ($country == '') $country = tep_output_string_protected($address['country']);

now.....captcha...u see 2nd adrressss.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi -

I'm having a little trouble with the contribution. Here's the story. I'm applying this contribution to an oscMax 2.0 site. If a person places an order "without" creating an account, the telephone number they enter is NOT saved at all. A value can be put in the field in the field, but it is not placed in the database. If a person creates an account, the phone number is SAVED.

Can you help me as to what I need to change this so it works also with people who don't open accounts also?

Thanks,

Barb

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue. Did anyone answer this post. Cannot see the phone number in the admin/customer.php file. Can see it everywhere else, so I know it is not lost!

Thanks, Amy

Hi -

I'm having a little trouble with the contribution. Here's the story. I'm applying this contribution to an oscMax 2.0 site. If a person places an order "without" creating an account, the telephone number they enter is NOT saved at all. A value can be put in the field in the field, but it is not placed in the database. If a person creates an account, the phone number is SAVED.

Can you help me as to what I need to change this so it works also with people who don't open accounts also?

Thanks,

Barb

I installed this mod and it works great except for one thing. When I go to admin>orders.php and select an order, the customer's phone number does not show up. The delivery phone and billing phone shows up, but not the original number. This is bad if the customer does not enter a different shipping address, now we have no way of contacting them. I have 100's of customers who will be reordering, I need to get their home phone number. The numbers are still in the database in the customers table under customer_phone, but the new orders page seems to be taking all the numbers from the address book table in entry_telephone. Since this field was just created, it is empty for all the old customers. How do I get the customers phone number to show in the orders.php page?

Dan

• 1 month later...

I have a new problem with this contribution.

When the order is entered, if the shipping or payment telephone number is entered it is not saved in the DB.

It appears in the entry table but not in the billing, shipping or customer fields.

Any help would be much appreciated on this

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I installed this mod and it works great except for one thing. When I go to admin>orders.php and select an order, the customer's phone number does not show up. The delivery phone and billing phone shows up, but not the original number. This is bad if the customer does not enter a different shipping address, now we have no way of contacting them. I have 100's of customers who will be reordering, I need to get their home phone number. The numbers are still in the database in the customers table under customer_phone, but the new orders page seems to be taking all the numbers from the address book table in entry_telephone. Since this field was just created, it is empty for all the old customers. How do I get the customers phone number to show in the orders.php page?

Dan

To have the original customer phone number to show up go to includes/classes/order.php

Find $customer_address_query

and add this c.customers_telephone to it.

after this line: 'format_id' => $customer_address['address_format_id'],

add 'telephone' => $customer_address['customers_telephone'],

That's it. Hope it helps

• 2 years later...