• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove categories images in main box or remove the box alltogether

millend

Hello all,

I've gone through all of this forum and have found nothing... maybe I am not looking correctly or using the correct search terms, but the fact is, that my head is spinning already from reading the posts and so I turn to you for help...

I need to remove the categories box from main page (when clicked on category)

Basically, what I am try n to achieve is to show products from subSubCategories straight away when clicked on subCategory in an orderly fashion and in a list (NO IMAGES)!

I just want my subSubCategories show in my links section and thats it... no pictures just a list or remove the categories box all together...

Please people, gimme some pointers, I can imagine this is probably couple of lines of code, but since I am not too good in php I have no clue...

Sincerely thank you in advance!

image here

http://www.vipest.ee/oscommerce_help.jpg

and here

http://www.vipest.ee/oscommerce_help2.jpg

catalog/index.php Line 280

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING = catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php)

'catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php' is the page that list the products - this is the page you would need to edit.. bear in mind that this page is also called by the page 'catalog/advanced_search_result.php' so any changes would also reflect on this page as well. You might consider rewriting a new page in its stead and inserting that page in place of FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING on the index.php page. Thats what I would do.

Lloyd

catalog/index.php Line 280

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING = catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php)

'catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php' is the page that list the products - this is the page you would need to edit.. bear in mind that this page is also called by the page 'catalog/advanced_search_result.php' so any changes would also reflect on this page as well. You might consider rewriting a new page in its stead and inserting that page in place of FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING on the index.php page. Thats what I would do.

Finally someone... :)

Thnks, at least now I have some idea where to start...

Much appreciated and will try it out...!

Archived