• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Boxes and listings use same graphics

dreyer

The boxes (categories, information, etc.) and product listings use the same graphics. I've made a box design with an arch at the top. This arch is also visible in the product listings. That wasn't meant to be like that. How do I prevent the listings from using the box graphics?

I'm using OSC 2.2 customized with STS.

Greetings,

Dreyer

The boxes (categories, information, etc.) and product listings use the same graphics. I've made a box design with an arch at the top. This arch is also visible in the product listings. That wasn't meant to be like that. How do I prevent the listings from using the box graphics?

I'm using OSC 2.2 customized with STS.

Greetings,

Dreyer

If you weren't using STS it would be really, really easy - I explained it the other day to someone else - have a hunt through my recent posts.

As you are using STS, I'm not sure of the answer - maybe one of the other STS users will be able to help.

Hi,

To my understanding, you wish the Box header of Listing (New Products for Month) different from other Boxes ( (categories, information, etc.). If yes, you may check the following flash tutorials at:

http://oscommerce-template-easy.com/oscomm...lumn-series.htm

Then looking for "Change Header Color" and "Change Content Color" under the New Products Display Table"

However, if you are using STS (Sorry, I have no any idea what STS is), it may not be working.

Hopes this help.

Best regards

Thaks for the tip, even though it didn't solve my problem. STS is Simple Template System, which makes it quite a lot easier to design your sites without having to mess around in the OSC-code. Still there's obviously something that have to be fine-tuned a bit (in my case, at least - maybe it's just me :blink: ).

I'm able to do all the things in the tutorials, but the top-piece of the background in the "new product" is still present. It's defined in the stylesheet as .infoBoxTop and inserts a piece of graphics which makes an arch above the left and right menus. It shouldn't insert it above the new products, but it does. And I can't figure out why...

Greetings,

Dreyer

• 3 weeks later...
Thaks for the tip, even though it didn't solve my problem. STS is Simple Template System, which makes it quite a lot easier to design your sites without having to mess around in the OSC-code. Still there's obviously something that have to be fine-tuned a bit (in my case, at least - maybe it's just me :blink: ).

I'm able to do all the things in the tutorials, but the top-piece of the background in the "new product" is still present. It's defined in the stylesheet as .infoBoxTop and inserts a piece of graphics which makes an arch above the left and right menus. It shouldn't insert it above the new products, but it does. And I can't figure out why...

Greetings,

Dreyer

STS posts should be in the STS Support thread if you want a quick and correct answer. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if you got this figured out but it is pretty simple. From you comments above it appears you are using the infobox template feature in STS. If this is so, just make a separate infobox template for that particular box (infobox_product_listing.php.html or infobox_new_products.php.html depending upon which one you need).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived