• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

authorize.net problems

RoninS14

I was in the same place. I was logging the exchange and the Auth.net was giving a "transaction approved" response but OSC was failing it. When I gave it a bad number/date/etc. I was getting a "good" failure message instead of a generic failure. But on an approved transaction, OSC was giving the generic fail response.

Near as I can tell, OSC was cranky that the message didn't contain the correct hash. The module decided it was fake because the signature hash was invalid - if that makes sense.

It's worth looking into. If you put logging code in, look at the returned hash from Auth.net and compare it to what you have stored in the module configuration...

Good luck! Just as an FYI - I didn't have to change any code on the stock module (with a fairly stock cart). , [Comma] delimited, " [double-quote] encapsulated - as/per the modules code.

I haven't turned on AVS and CVC fraud check yet - probably tomorrow. We have about 800 more products to get into the catalog, and I still need to do some SEO work before we introduce it to Google and start the ad campaign. :blink:

That's GREAT news for you! I would definitely get drunk if I was you.

I'm still not getting mine to work. If I get a general error all the time, except when I put in a wrong CC number (where I get a CC declined error instead), I must be getting past the MD5 portion of the problem right? Meaning that this probably won't fix my problem?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you are not manually loading the products, the contribution Easy Populate will allow you to load them all from a csv file.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hope you are not manually loading the products, the contribution Easy Populate will allow you to load them all from a csv file.

Oh sure - NOW you tell me! :huh:

I'm not sure how easily I could get all this data into a csv, but I'll check out that contribution, thanks!

I'm cheating a little bit. I have a few SQL snippets I whacked into a macro that I run a few times a day. No reason to manually set things like tax zones, product quantity, shipping weight, etc in our case. It's really a lot of cut-and-paste html at the end of the day. I was thinking about getting rid of the preview step temporarily and going straight to insert, then it'd be about even.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll go download it and take a peek.

I was in the same place. I was logging the exchange and the Auth.net was giving a "transaction approved" response but OSC was failing it. When I gave it a bad number/date/etc. I was getting a "good" failure message instead of a generic failure. But on an approved transaction, OSC was giving the generic fail response.

Near as I can tell, OSC was cranky that the message didn't contain the correct hash. The module decided it was fake because the signature hash was invalid - if that makes sense.

It's worth looking into. If you put logging code in, look at the returned hash from Auth.net and compare it to what you have stored in the module configuration...

Good luck! Just as an FYI - I didn't have to change any code on the stock module (with a fairly stock cart). , [Comma] delimited, " [double-quote] encapsulated - as/per the modules code.

I haven't turned on AVS and CVC fraud check yet - probably tomorrow. We have about 800 more products to get into the catalog, and I still need to do some SEO work before we introduce it to Google and start the ad campaign. :blink:

Wow, light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Okay, this sounds exactly like my problem. But I'm not sure I understand what you did to solve it. You're saying that the MD5 hash that was being returned from Authorize.net was not the same as what the module expected? So where did you make the change for them to match?

Also, if I read correctly, your transactions were at least going through, where as mine do not appear to be, since there is no record of any activity on my Authorize account. I show zero transactions. :(

Thanks so much for continuing to participate on here, many people disappear once their problem is solved. Much appreciated! :)

Edited by Agtronic

Hi Agtronic,

No worries! I've found quite a few answers to questions, and some *incredible* contributions, here (I just finished installing Header Tags SEO - WOW! Need to remember to go and virtually shake the author's hand on that one). Gotta pay it forward, right? :)

Have you put in something like Joshua's logging code or something similar? You really need to be able to see the transaction bidirectionally. I beefed the logging up in mine even more, but starting with Joshua's simple logging was probably all I needed, had I known what I was looking for without having to be hit in the head with a logging brick. ;)

No guarantees that my solution is your solution ultimately until you can see the whole transaction. So many problems can masquerade to look identical when they're really not when you're doing EDI transactions like this...

If you post the content of the log that Joshua's code generates here, make SURE you completely sanitize it... It contains a lot of info you don't want to post.

Anyway - I looked at the MD5 in the hash being transmitted back from authnet and the MD5 in the admin control for the authnet module, and they didn't match. Without logging, I'd have never seen it.

I found that in test mode that authnet doesn't process all the transactions, and sometimes it takes more than one time through the unsettled before they show up. [shrug]

Make sure your other settings (like the Authnet side) are the same as in my post too!

Keep me/us posted?

--- Jodie

P.S. Quick note: The way I got them to match was by copying the one that Authnet was sending and pasting that into the admin control for the module and updating.

REMEMBER to remove/comment-out/whatever the logging when your issues are resolved, and before taking it live!

Wow, light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Okay, this sounds exactly like my problem. But I'm not sure I understand what you did to solve it. You're saying that the MD5 hash that was being returned from Authorize.net was not the same as what the module expected? So where did you make the change for them to match?

Also, if I read correctly, your transactions were at least going through, where as mine do not appear to be, since there is no record of any activity on my Authorize account. I show zero transactions. :(

Thanks so much for continuing to participate on here, many people disappear once their problem is solved. Much appreciated! :)

Edited by adrenalynn

Hi Jodie Lynn,

This logging code you are referring to, is it contained in the block Joshua posted in post #25?

I'm sorry if this sounds basic, I'm not that bad in PHP, and am not too lazy to check for myself, just wondering before I plunged into it hard tomorrow. I'm just always in a rush with the business. I will sit down and take care of this problem tomorrow.

Thanks again for your enthusiastic help! :)

Hi Jodie Lynn,

This logging code you are referring to, is it contained in the block Joshua posted in post #25?

I'm sorry if this sounds basic, I'm not that bad in PHP, and am not too lazy to check for myself, just wondering before I plunged into it hard tomorrow. I'm just always in a rush with the business. I will sit down and take care of this problem tomorrow.

Thanks again for your enthusiastic help! :)

No problem! I understand - that's why I didn't respond yesterday too. ;)

I was more thinking of what Joshua had in #30, I believe: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=1283835

'cause ya can't fix what ya can't see, right? :)

Edited by adrenalynn

Hey!

Well, that explains it!

"(TESTMODE) The supplied currency code is either invalid, not supported, not allowed for this merchant or doesn't have an exchange rate".

I will now try and figure out a solution. I'm in Canada and would really like to use CAD currency.

Thanks again for all your help! That little logging code did the trick! I might modify it to log just error codes and leave it behind the public_html tree.

Thanks again!!

Wow, just found out Authorize.net doesn't support CAD funds, and apparently is only available to US merchants. They sure didn't mention that when I setup the account and paid all the start up fees! :S

I switched my default currency over to USD and it worked first shot! I'm still not seeing the transaction on my Authorize.net account. Does it take a few hours to show up normally? (The auth.net account is in TEST mode currently).

Thanks guys!

Wow, just found out Authorize.net doesn't support CAD funds, and apparently is only available to US merchants. They sure didn't mention that when I setup the account and paid all the start up fees! :S

I switched my default currency over to USD and it worked first shot! I'm still not seeing the transaction on my Authorize.net account. Does it take a few hours to show up normally? (The auth.net account is in TEST mode currently).

Thanks guys!

Wow! That's a bummer on the one hand - good news on the other. :)

Make sure you're selecting "unsettled transactions" - but no, should show up right away if you're using the right report with the right date.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! That's a bummer on the one hand - good news on the other. :)

Make sure you're selecting "unsettled transactions" - but no, should show up right away if you're using the right report with the right date.

Just in case anyone was following, I still haven't gotten word from Authorize.net net. My account manager doesn't return calls or emails, and the rest of the team keeps telling me to contact him.

Just another thanks to Adrenalynn and Joshua for helping me figure this out!

• 8 months later...

Jeff,

I modified my checkout_confirmation.php as you suggested and it totally worked. I spent hours upon hours trying to fix this a.net AIM problem. And this code mod appears to do the trick. I really appreciate your help.

By the way it doesn't appear to have hurt my other payment methods.

Have a great day,

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

I spent hours trying to get this module working. Changing the checkout_confirmation.php code as you suggested worked perfectly and did not mess up any of my other payment modules. Thank you so much for posting this fix and the logger as well! I wish there was an update on the module download page for this I can only imagine how many others are having this issue and the time being wasted.

Thanks again!

Jon

• 1 month later...
Jeff,

I spent hours trying to get this module working. Changing the checkout_confirmation.php code as you suggested worked perfectly and did not mess up any of my other payment modules. Thank you so much for posting this fix and the logger as well! I wish there was an update on the module download page for this I can only imagine how many others are having this issue and the time being wasted.

Thanks again!

Jon

Jon,

What did you guys change that worked for this? I am going crazy trying to fix this!!

Thanks,

Neal

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

• 1 month later...

Wow the logging bit really helped me out. I was able to insert that code, get a log of the transaction, and then review it. IT told em that line item 1 was rejected for some reason. I removed that item from the customers order and the order went through.

Now I am trying to figure out what is up with that item to try and correct any other items that may have that problem. They have 2500 items though so that should be fun.

Don't forget to turn off the logging and remove the file.txt.

Thanks a ton and have a great day,

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Help pleeeze. (real green at this)

I have OSC v2.2 RC2a, installed this last July.

I tried the included Auth.net SIM and get this error message when I confirm my order. (My site never even asks for CC info):

(123) This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request.

I then used Harald Ponce de Leon contribution and changed these files:

includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_sim.php

includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_sim.php

I uninstalled the module and reinstalled it.

I still get the same error.

I have everything set to live. I've tested a transaction at auth.net (Virtual Terminal) and it works.

Richard,

Give the Auth.net AIM Contribution a try, it is preferred and you should have better luck with it.

Also, make sure that you got to your AUth.net Merchant account and turn off the Test Mode, it defaults to that until you specifically turn it off. Then you may have better luck with permission issues.

Troy

In your (admin) settings on OSC,...Username: be sure to use the username asigned to you by auth.net. (Not your log in name)

HELP! I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to fix the Authorize.net so it will actually process a credit card. Can someone please let me know what they found that works? Thanks! :blush:

• 3 months later...

RoninS14

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem because I am at the very some point. If you did, can you please be ever so kind and share your solution with me. I have tried everything I can think of at this point.

Thanks - Pera

Okay, I've been researching this for a week and still haven't figured out why my authorize.net module isn't working. I haven't even been able to find a thread which was dedicated entirely to "setting up" the authorize.net module so I've been searching the hundred of threads relating to auth.net to find a solution to my problem.

Now depending on which authorize.net module I use, I get a different error.

I've tried vger's version march 18 and I get the "There has been an error processing your credit card".

I've tried ponce's version jan 11 2008 and I get the "There has been an error processing your credit card".

I've tried the default authorize.net version bundled in OSC and still no luck.

There appears to be a million threads about the many different errors and solutions for each. I've looked through just about all of the one's that I thought pertained to my problem and I still can't get it to work.

I have followed all instructions provided by each thread and each modules without success.

Some seem to have a easy time getting auth.net to work while others never seem to find a solution to their problems.

--------------------------------------------------

"There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

above is the error I am getting using ponce's version of AIM for authorize.net. which is the version that I would prefer to use. Now if I'm told to use a different version, then I will. But it seems that ponce's version is the newest of the greatest and I'd like to get it to work.

I am hosted with pair networks (the osc sponsor) running php5/mysql5. I have curl compiled on there so I know that this is not the problem. With ponce's version of the AIM module, I tried setting the curl field to "usr/bin/curl" and just "curl". I get the same results, error.

===In my settings for A.net (TESTMODE)

-I have enabled the following in " Upload Transaction File Format":

Email Customer: yes

Apply AVS Filter: no

Apply Card Code Filter: no

field separator: comma(,)

Field Encapsulation Character: blank

-In the "transaction version", I am using the 3.1 version

-In the "response/receive URL", I have the following:

URL

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php Default Receipt URL Edit

https://www.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php Default Relay Response URL Edit

-I did not touch

-In the "address verification service", I have the default values seclected.

-I've set my MD5hash and entered it in the "MD5hash" field in OSC's administration > modules > payment > Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

-I've enabled "password required mode"

-I've enabled "file uploads capabilities"

-I do not have weblink activated

-and I've entered my API and transkey into the proper fields of OSC's administration > modules > payment > Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

Am I missing something?

Ok... I got it to work. Hope this helps everybody.

Its not a problem with the script. Don't comment out the script. I was on the Live help with Authorize.net for a couple of hours now.

Thurns out you need to make sure that certain fields are not required for your authorization to go through.

Go to https://account.authorize.net

Click on the following:

Under "Account"

Click=> Settings

Click=>Payment Form

Click=>Form Fields

You should come to a page that looks like this. Fill it in with your personal settings similar to this.

Remember: **If you require it here, and you don't require it in OSCommerce account setup, your customers will recieve an error for those blank fields and payment will be impossible.**

With the line of code I put above, you can now require an invoice number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment-Form Fields

Field Name--------------------------------------View-------------Edit------------Required

Payment Information

Recurring Billing Transaction-----------------o-----------------o------------------o

Card Code------------------------------------------o-----------------o------------------o

Order Information

Invoice No---------------------------------------x------------------o------------------x

Description--------------------------------------x------------------o------------------x

Customer Billing Information

First Name--------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Last Name--------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Company---------------------------------------x------------------x------------------o

Address-----------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

City----------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

State--------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Zip Code----------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Country-----------------------------------------x------------------x------------------o

Phone-------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------o

Fax----------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------o

Email--------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Customer ID-----------------------------------x------------------o------------------x

Shipping Information

First Name--------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Last Name--------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Company---------------------------------------x------------------x------------------o

Address-----------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

City----------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

State--------------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Zip Code----------------------------------------x------------------x------------------x

Country-----------------------------------------x------------------x------------------o

Additional Information

Tax-----------------------------------------------o-----------------o------------------o

Freight-------------------------------------------o-----------------o------------------o

Duty----------------------------------------------o-----------------o------------------o

Tax Exempt--------------------------------------o-----------------o------------------o

PO Number--------------------------------------o-----------------o------------------o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if this helps anybody.

Joshua Morris

Hi Joshua,

Did you get this working for you? I am using the osCommerce 2.2rc2a with Authorize.net. I tried Jeff Wigal's error messaging code after the $transaction_response, but I got nothing. I have talked to my host people and they said the cURL was right because they have others using osCommerce and it is working for them. I have tried calling Authorize.net support, but they will not help me without an error number. I have checked the API Login, transaction key, and MD5 Hash. I did read that the MD5 Hash code should be 16 characters long, mine is not. I have read through everyones issues on this topic. I feel like I have tried them all myself. What do you think I should try at this point?

Help! - Pera

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I just solved this issue myself very easily and I thought I'd post what I did. I should say that I was using the standard auth.net bundled payment module. I had created my own MD5 hash and entered into the admin module. It turns out that Auth.net has a very specific way of processing the MD5 hash and OSC has to match it exactly. The good news is and the real answer is, if you are using Auth.net AIM module, according to the auth.net website, an MD5 hash is not required and provides no benefit because AIM transactions use SSL instead to verify authenticity. So all I did was remove the MD5 hash from the admin module, and instantly my transactions went through in OSC without error!

I should mention that in my case, the transactions were being approved by auth.net as evidenced by the logging function mentioned earlier in this post.

Russ

• 1 month later...

Kudos to Jeff Wigal's error messaging code, that has helped me out immensely, the information about Payment Form Fields were essential as well.

Also wanted to note that AVS and CVV are not validated when you are in "Test Mode". "Test Mode" being Transaction Server "Live", Transaction Mode "Test".

• 2 years later...

Thanks Jeff for the error message code!

As it turns out (I am in Canada) and even though my authorize.net account is in canadian funds it uses USD and the CAD was throwing it off.

I think this is actually a problem with authrorize.net since I am a canadian account why would they show USD. Anyways works now