• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping cart quantity displays item number as quantity

Jada

I have been trying to track down this issue for days and I am just not proficient enough yet. When a customer clicks add a widget (Product ID 135) to cart from the product info screen it takes the customer to the shooping cart with a quantity of 135 widgets in the cart and the extended cost of that number of widgets. I believe the script is extracting the product id as the quantity but can't find where it is originating from. Can I pick someones brain for some files that I can look at to backtrack locate the hiccup in the code?

Jada

www.ganydirect.com

PS if there is an existed post on this issue, I can't find it so if you can refer me I would be equally appreciative.

Jada

The codes of the many, outweigh the codes of the few. Live long and Prosper.

I have been trying to track down this issue for days and I am just not proficient enough yet. When a customer clicks add a widget (Product ID 135) to cart from the product info screen it takes the customer to the shooping cart with a quantity of 135 widgets in the cart and the extended cost of that number of widgets. I believe the script is extracting the product id as the quantity but can't find where it is originating from. Can I pick someones brain for some files that I can look at to backtrack locate the hiccup in the code?

Jada

www.ganydirect.com

PS if there is an existed post on this issue, I can't find it so if you can refer me I would be equally appreciative.

I figured it out, Thanks Anyway

Jada

I spoke to soon, Did not work, so am still in the market for some advice on this. what would be helpful is the mapping for the cart quantity field, i.e. the files that contribute to field value. I believe it may have to do with a free shipping per product contribution i installed. I am really desperate to get this fixed asap.

Jada

Look for $cart->get_quantity in /includes/application_top.php

Here is the code:

// customer adds a product from the products page

case 'add_product' :	if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$cart->add_cart($_POST['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($_POST['products_id'], $_POST['id']))+$_POST['products_id'], $_POST['id']);

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

break;

// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page

case 'buy_now' :		if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

} else {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

break;

Does anything seem out of place to you?

Jada