• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING

peacelight

No harm done with a little kidding around. All work and no play make for a dull day.

I appreciate the replies, thanks very much. I am still stuck on this problem. I get the following error when I include the code below on any page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/OurServer/public_html/Shop/index.php on line 53

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')){
echo '<td align="left" valign="middle">		  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_logoff.gif', HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF) '</a></td>';} ?>

This is done in the context of the header.php file on a php 4.3+ server inside the code block

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_HTTP_SERVER) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shield.gif', 'Home') . '</a>'; ?></td>
echo '<td align="left" valign="middle">		  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_logoff.gif', HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF) '</a></td>';} ?>
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>

I am also have a problem with the line in which I am trying to call the index of the site

<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_HTTP_SERVER) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shield.gif', 'Home') . '</a>'; ?></td>

Cheers to all those with beers

Any and all help is appreciated

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Should be:

echo '<td align="left" valign="middle"> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_logoff.gif', HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF) . '</a></td>';} ?>

(Missing a period)

What's the probblem (error message?) with this code:

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

If you wanted to "link to the index" of a site:

DIR_WS_HTTP_SERVER

Should probably be:

FILENAME_DEFAULT

The tep_href function automatically add what's defined for HTTP_SERVER (or HTTPS_SERVER) in front of what you pass as the 1st parameter, which is assumed to be a file name.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Hello Again Jim,

Thanks for all of your help.

Ok the period fixed the parse error Yea! The problem that you asked about is that that table data isn't showing when I load the page, neither is the logoff one showing when I login to the cart.

It's always the small stuff.

thanks for catching my error.

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Care to post (or PM me) a URL so I can see for myself what's going on?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Here is where you can take a look the FILENAME_DEFAULT gets you the top level of the cart which is not the index of the site in this case. I want to leave that alone in the filenames.php for all the other references to it I was thinking of trying to add another entry to the filenames.php but once again because I am not referencing a page that is with in the cart it always want to preface it with the http://www.domain.com/catalog/ So I just hard coded it which I consider a very rough hack. I mean what if someone else wants to change it? Even with the hard code the image still isn't showing.

Ah Ha

Perfect example of not having relative links and the downfall of hard coding. This is on the testing server and the link refers to the domain of the production server, which is hot link protected.

That's why the main image isn't showing.

If you look at the HTML source you see this:

<td align="left" valign="middle">		  <a href="https://secure29.inmotionhosting.com/~intern25/Shop/logoff.php"></a></td>

I peeked in your images folder...

There is no file named header_logoff.gif

That's why you don't see anything.

:blush:

You want some help getting rid of the "Do you want to display both secure and non-secure" message when you go SSL?

For the link to the "index" of the site you can use:

tep_href_link('/')

The link looks like this: http://www.site.com// but it works.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

You want some help getting rid of the "Do you want to display both secure and non-secure" message when you go SSL?

For the link to the "index" of the site you can use:

tep_href_link('/')

The link looks like this: http://www.site.com// but it works.

Not sure what you mean when you say both secure and non-secure message. I don't get that message, but yes is the answer.

Thanks for the link to the top level index I still get the http://www.domain.com//cataloge/index.php though.

I fixed the missing log off image and now that <td> works thanks

You fixed something because I don't get the secure/non-secure message any more.

:thumbsup:

I guess for the link to the "top level", just use plain old HTML.

I KNOW that will work!

:lol:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I think this would work for the "top level" link:

<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'shield.gif', 'Home') . '</a>'; ?></td>

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Thank you everyone for your exceptional help. Here is the final version of the code that works just in case any one else would like to have a custom header.

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ROOT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', HEADER_TITLE_ROOT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
echo '<td align="left" valign="middle">		  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_logoff.gif', HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF) . '</a></td>';} ?>
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="left" valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>

Which is put in the catalog/includes/header.php file.

In order for this to work.

define('FILENAME_ROOT', '../');

must be added to catalog/includes/filenames.php

and

define('HEADER_TITLE_ROOT', 'Home');

must be added to catalog/includes/languages/english.php

• 7 months later...

i have an error on my shop:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/prodet/public_html/includes/languages/romanian/products_new.php on line 16

here are the entire file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: products_new.php,v 1.3 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Produse Noi');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Produse Noi'');

define('TEXT_DATE_ADDED', 'Data Intrarii:');
define('TEXT_MANUFACTURER', 'Producator:');
define('TEXT_PRICE', 'Pret:');
?>

can someone help me please?

i have an error on my shop:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/prodet/public_html/includes/languages/romanian/products_new.php on line 16

here are the entire file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: products_new.php,v 1.3 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Produse Noi');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Produse Noi'');

define('TEXT_DATE_ADDED', 'Data Intrarii:');
define('TEXT_MANUFACTURER', 'Producator:');
define('TEXT_PRICE', 'Pret:');
?>

can someone help me please?

i solve the problem, it was from this line define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Produse Noi'');

Archived