• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WA state destination based sales tax

kidsngarden

Hi everyone

The contrib stopped working yesterday for us.

All tax rates are now switched to default, we receive the error email triggered by the system when no tax rate can be found.

Everything has been working fine for several months before. Any changes in the USPS server, similar experiences to share?

Thanks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone

The contrib stopped working yesterday for us.

All tax rates are now switched to default, we receive the error email triggered by the system when no tax rate can be found.

Everything has been working fine for several months before. Any changes in the USPS server, similar experiences to share?

Thanks

after double checking, it seems to be passing the right tax amount, but the error email is triggered for every WA order.

It seems to be happening after having upgraded to purchase without account V2

• 2 weeks later...

The module has stopped working for me also, I don't know when it stopped, but I am not recieving any error emails and default tax is being charged. I presume it is the move to OSC rc2a. Looking into it now.

lildog

after double checking, it seems to be passing the right tax amount, but the error email is triggered for every WA order.

It seems to be happening after having upgraded to purchase without account V2

The module has stopped working for me also, I don't know when it stopped, but I am not recieving any error emails and default tax is being charged. I presume it is the move to OSC rc2a. Looking into it now.

lildog

After looking at every WA order, it seems to be working fine, there is just the following happening the error email is triggered every time a WA order contains a non-taxable product (even if the cart contains taxable AND non-taxable products) but everything is calculated correctly.

What version of OSC are you using?

lildog

After looking at every WA order, it seems to be working fine, there is just the following happening the error email is triggered every time a WA order contains a non-taxable product (even if the cart contains taxable AND non-taxable products) but everything is calculated correctly.

What version of OSC are you using?

lildog

a heavy mutant :-) osCommerce 2.2-MS2 I think. Where do I find the exact version number?

Can someone confirm something for me. The module is failing when my primary address is not WA, but my ship to and bill to ARE in WA. It is apparently using the primary address to determine the tax.....Thank you for your input. I will try to update the mod soon......

lildog

Can someone confirm something for me. The module is failing when my primary address is not WA, but my ship to and bill to ARE in WA. It is apparently using the primary address to determine the tax.....Thank you for your input. I will try to update the mod soon......

lildog

do you have the tax set to be calculated on the shipping, no the billing, don't you?

Shoot! I have asked that before and there is an obvious answer, but I don't remember the answer. Maybe stored in the configurations table in database. There is a constant define for it somewhere. No matter I have confirmed it works on OSC rc2a. Except for the error above.

lildog

a heavy mutant :-) osCommerce 2.2-MS2 I think. Where do I find the exact version number?

Shoot! I have asked that before and there is an obvious answer, but I don't remember the answer. Maybe stored in the configurations table in database. There is a constant define for it somewhere. No matter I have confirmed it works on OSC rc2a. Except for the error above.

lildog

at least this is what I can see when I go to tools > server info

Errrrrr..........uhhh.not sure to honest. G#$ D&$@ TAXES! When I wrote this mod I don't think I took that into account. MMMM....

lildog

do you have the tax set to be calculated on the shipping, no the billing, don't you?

Where do I set the tax to be charged on shipping not billing?

lildog

Errrrrr..........uhhh.not sure to honest. G#$ D&$@ TAXES! When I wrote this mod I don't think I took that into account. MMMM....

lildog

Where do I set the tax to be charged on shipping not billing?

lildog

hey dawg!

in every shippimg module, there is a drop down menu called tax class ;-)

Oh charging tax on shipping...I know that and yes I am charging for shipping. My problem is this for example:

I live in Florida and my primary address is in florida.

I am in seattle visiting my parents for 2 months and I want to order a widget from OSCommerce that is in gig harbor, wa. to be delivered to my parents house in seattle.

I enter my parents address in seattle as a separate address in my account. When I checkout I set the billing and shipping addresses to my Seattle addy. The tax SHOULD be calculated as seattle, but they are calculated as gig harbor..the default.

lildog

hey dawg!

in every shippimg module, there is a drop down menu called tax class ;-)

Oh charging tax on shipping...I know that and yes I am charging for shipping. My problem is this for example:

I am in seattle visiting my parents for 2 months and I want to order a widget from OSCommerce that is in gig harbor, wa. to be delivered to my parents house in seattle.

I enter my parents address in seattle as a separate address in my account. When I checkout I set the billing and shipping addresses to my Seattle addy. The tax SHOULD be calculated as seattle, but they are calculated as gig harbor..the default.

lildog

I have to try that

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue that hopefully someone can help me with:

When I run an order through my site, the Wa tax is correctly calculated on the Order Confirmation (checkout_confirmation.php) page:

(Sub Total + Shipping) * Wa Tax Rate = Order Total

However, after submitting the order, it appears that what goes into the database is:

(Sub Total * Wa Tax Rate) + Shipping = Order Total

I had this problem when I first install this mod last year on a different store. The fix was to make sure all shipping methods were set to Taxable Goods, and to make sure that the order of my Order Total modules were Sub-Total, Shipping, Tax, Total. I did that with this site, however, that has not seemed to take care of this problem.

So, in summary: The rate is calculating correct on the confirmation page, but everything after that is wrong.

Any ideas?

Oh, and it appears this store has CCGV installed. I thought I saw a post lildog made about how CCGV doesn't play well with others.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having an issue that hopefully someone can help me with:

When I run an order through my site, the Wa tax is correctly calculated on the Order Confirmation (checkout_confirmation.php) page:

(Sub Total + Shipping) * Wa Tax Rate = Order Total

However, after submitting the order, it appears that what goes into the database is:

(Sub Total * Wa Tax Rate) + Shipping = Order Total

I had this problem when I first install this mod last year on a different store. The fix was to make sure all shipping methods were set to Taxable Goods, and to make sure that the order of my Order Total modules were Sub-Total, Shipping, Tax, Total. I did that with this site, however, that has not seemed to take care of this problem.

So, in summary: The rate is calculating correct on the confirmation page, but everything after that is wrong.

Any ideas?

I am having the opposite problem. I was testing the WA Dest Tax mods I made and realized the check out shows tax only on goods and in the DB tax is also applied to the shipping (which is what I want). Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Keith

P.S. Great work guys! another wonderful contribution!

Just so you all know. I have gotten this contribution to work with the ECJC shopping cart component for Joomla which is based on osCommerce. There are some other problems such as my above mentioned issue but this contribution works fine.

There were a few small mods I had to make in the wa_tax_report.php file to get it working and a few more which I need to make yet but overall a smooth addition.

Keith

• 2 months later...
I am having the opposite problem. I was testing the WA Dest Tax mods I made and realized the check out shows tax only on goods and in the DB tax is also applied to the shipping (which is what I want). Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Keith

P.S. Great work guys! another wonderful contribution!

Exact same problem here as keith03. I don't have the WA contrib installed but I do have CCGV. Any resolution yet?

• 4 weeks later...

We're having this EXACT issue.. Are there any further efforts being put toward addressing this?

On a related note, if we just remove the lines that check to see where the purchaser's primary address is outside of WA state (this is the crux of the issue--the current code seems to not include the tax rate if you are not a resident of WA) who do we send the code to for inclusion here?

Thanks!!

--CRParis

lildog

• 11 months later...

Hello all. I've recently installed this contrib. and everything is great, except when the customer has a P.O. box as an address. I believe I've installed everything correctly, but when I submit an order with a P.O. box for the address I get....

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/public_html/catalog/checkout_process.php on line 292

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/catalog/checkout_process.php:292) in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 26

The order is actually placed, but the customer doesn't make it to checkout_success.php. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this or have you heard of this problem from others?

It seems that in that case, the default WA store tax rate should be used, but I'm not fully sure how all of the features of this contrib. work.

Solve it... kinda.

1.) In the install directions, there is a typo that is repeated 3 times. WA_DEST_TAX_ERROR_TEX instead of WA_DEST_TAX_ERROR_TEXT.

No biggie as long as the error is consistent.

2.) In catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php, I changed

define('WA_DEST_TAX_ERROR_TEXT', 'There has been an error calculating the tax for an order. Order#: %s. Error Code: %s - %s.');

to

define('WA_DEST_TAX_ERROR_TEXT', 'There has been an error calculating the tax for an order. Error Code: %s - %s.');

Basically, taking out one of the "%s" made it work. I figured I could live without the order #.

I'm sure there's a better fix out there that will allow for the order number %s to be included... any takers on finding it?

Hello all. I've recently installed this contrib. and everything is great, except when the customer has a P.O. box as an address. I believe I've installed everything correctly, but when I submit an order with a P.O. box for the address I get....

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/public_html/catalog/checkout_process.php on line 292

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/catalog/checkout_process.php:292) in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 26

The order is actually placed, but the customer doesn't make it to checkout_success.php. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this or have you heard of this problem from others?

It seems that in that case, the default WA store tax rate should be used, but I'm not fully sure how all of the features of this contrib. work.

• 6 months later...

I have just installed this contribution on a test store, and I have run into this same problem. It was March 2009 since this problem was posted, and I just wanted to see if anyone has come up with a fix. My test store is defaulting to my generic Washington state tax rate, so I can live with it this way, but it would be nice if it was correctly parsing the sales tax based on the delivery address for all customers, not just for Washington customers. Everything works fine if my customer is a Washington customer shipping to Washington state, but not if a non-Washington customer has something shipped to Washington.

I am also getting an error in the opposite situation, where a Washington customer ships something out of state. In this case, everything is calculated correctly (no taxes are charged), but I receive an email error alert that checkout failed to connect to the DOR API. I can't be sure if it isn't connecting because it isn't supposed to (and because no tax rate is returned), or if it is trying to connect and the API is refusing the connection (because it is an out-of-state address).

Ron

lildog

• 9 months later...

Archived