• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Idiots Guied Please! Or maybe osC for DUMMIES!

troyrandallosborne

Man…I think I am in over my head! I have just registered my domain and set up my hosting account with Thirdsphere. I have successfully installed osCommerce on my site. I was able to start to build the data base with the products I am selling with relative ease. But now I have hit a wall. I cannot seem to get any of the functionality of the site working. I have gone through the processes for installing the payment modules I am using (paypal) but I cannot get the checkout or the member login areas functioning.

I am sure there is someting very obvious I am missing...can anyone help?

The most common reason for those pages to not function is if you said YES to SSL at install, but have no SSL certificate installed.

Look at the links in the browser address bar for the pages that don't work.

If they start with HTTPS (NOTE THE S!), and you don't have an SSL certificate, edit your /catalog/includes/configure.php file.

Change this line:

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

To:

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false'); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >