• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Independent SEO URL Validation

FWR Media

Hard to say, I reset the seo cache as you said, and since the seo urls is enabled I can enter-whatever-i-like as long as it ends in the p-sku#.html as long as your contribution is disabled and it will send me to the page. However since it is out of stock it is not linked to in the categories, the only way you can get to the product would be if you knew the products sku and entered it into the url or via some other page that linked in to it or a search engine, kind like amazon.com does with out of stock products. Does this mean seo urls does not generate a link in the cache for it, so your contribution cannot pick up on it since the url is not likely stored in the cache?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean seo urls does not generate a link in the cache for it, so your contribution cannot pick up on it since the url is not likely stored in the cache?

Yes if this contribution cannot get a valid return from seo urls that produces a valid link it will take it that the product does not exist.

Try a test ..

1) mark the product out of stock ( I am assuming the product is 1052 )

2) Create a new file in shop root called test_url.php containing ...

<?php
include_once 'includes/application_top.php';

echo 'The link returned was: ' . tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'products_id=1052' );

include_once 'includes/application_bottom.php';  
?>

See what it outputs.

Edited by FWR Media

Yes if this contribution cannot get a valid return from seo urls that produces a valid link it will take it that the product does not exist.

Ahh I see! So can you point me in the right direction as to what section or function of the seo urls it calls to find out the seo link?

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Finally! I found it. You just need to remove the products_status = '1' in seo_cache.php to make the inactive products show. Thanks for all of your help and the contribution!

Finally! I found it. You just need to remove the products_status = '1' in seo_cache.php to make the inactive products show. Thanks for all of your help and the contribution!

Glad you got it sorted!!

And very interesting .. I just uploaded a new version of the old series 2 seo urls ( you should still be using USU5 ;) ) the new version includes full validation as standard (and a lot more) perhaps an admin option should be .. produce seo urls for status 0 products!

• 5 months later...

I have installed this contribution and I have this problem:

It appears only when clinkick the "Reviews" button and only in some product details pages (most of product details pages doesnt do it).

This message appears:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO in /stor1/minotaur/html/sfaf/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1274

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Where is problem?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

The problem I have is, I only recently installed SEO URLs and Google is still using the old url rather than the new one despite the use of a sitemap.

eg. Google has url as:

mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=31

The proper url is:

mysite.com/brand-product-size-p-31.html

I do not want Google to use the first url to access the product. Will installing this contribution resolve this issue?

Thanks...