• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tried to edit text on front page of store in index.php

chellliepsp

I wanted to get rid of the text that says that every item listed was fictitional...yadda, yadda...the instructions on the page said to edit text_main. Well, I deleted the language that I did not want and oh no, now nothing is coming up. I keep getting syntax errors on lines 13, 18, and whatever other pages it wants to list. HELP. I am sooo not schooled in setting up a website or store, but I was doing okay before this. I am so lost and so frustrated and I cannot find a telephone number for support!

Any help would be soooooooooooooo appreciated.

Michelle

I wanted to get rid of the text that says that every item listed was fictitional...yadda, yadda...the instructions on the page said to edit text_main. Well, I deleted the language that I did not want and oh no, now nothing is coming up. I keep getting syntax errors on lines 13, 18, and whatever other pages it wants to list. HELP. I am sooo not schooled in setting up a website or store, but I was doing okay before this. I am so lost and so frustrated and I cannot find a telephone number for support!

Michelle

A telephone number for support for something that is free?

Michelle

Download osCommerce and

1. open your file (one with edited text) and the one from osCommerce (one wthout alterations) and compare the file that you have from the original.

---OR---

2. get the original file and replace your file with the new one

---OR---

3. Post that file giving the error

A telephone number for support for something that is free?

I've been looking for that darn tech support phone number for months and months - it is toll-free right? ;)

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.

I've been looking for that darn tech support phone number for months and months - it is toll-free right? ;)

It would have to be, everything else is.

Archived